“Good Value and Clean”

Ranked #65 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Billings MT
“Good Value and Clean”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

When I’m in Denver, I tend to stay in hotels on the north side of the city or in the Highlands. During my recent visit to Colorado, I unexpectedly had to book a hotel for one night at a location near the east side, closer to the airport. This hotel is close to I-70. You can see it from I-70. It is a well maintained property outside and inside. It was very clean.

A young lady named Norma checked me into my room and she was very helpful and efficient. Another young lady at the front desk was helpful in helping me find shopping and restaurants a short drive away.

My room had new modern furnishings, which included a king sized bed, a writing desk, a sofa, coffee table, comfy chairs, an HD TV, a microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee maker. The bathroom had granite counter and tile floor. My room was quiet. The linens were new and the pillows were fluffy. I actually had the best nights rest at this hotel during this particular trip to Colorado. This hotel has a comforting vibe.

I didn’t use the Wi-Fi offered in the hotel, but I used the business center on the main floor. I also used the laundry room which was conveniently located on my floor. The elevator, like most budget hotels, was a wee bit slow. I tend to use the stairs anyway. The stairwells are carpeted and well lit; not creepy at all.

The continental breakfast was basic, but satisfying. It includes a waffle iron. If you expect a huge buffet, then you might be disappointed. I was greeted by the breakfast attendant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
LaQuinta6488, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Gateway Park, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
We love to always be here for you. Our goal is to always provide guest satisfaction and great customer service. We hope to see you again in your next trip to Denver.

Maria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rawlins, Wyoming
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Pros - This hotel is close to I-70. It was easy to get to with plenty of parking. The rooms were clean with comfy beds and fluffy pillows. They do accept dogs under 40 lbs. Breakfast was standard fare: cereal, bagels, eggs & potatoes.
Cons - There is no grass or other material that is suitable for a dog walk. My husband had to take our dog to a nearby empty lot. Also, the walls are PAPER thin. We stayed here on New Year's Eve and were constantly disturbed by the partiers in the adjacent room. (Seriously, who parties at a La Quinta?). To her credit, the front desk clerk did come to ask them to quiet down each time we called to complain. The last con is the neighborhood which seems a bit sketchy even though it borders a large business park.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cindi M
We truly appreciate your feedback.; it is our goal to provide you with a positive, memorable experience each and every time you stay with us. We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta. Your contined satisfaction and trust in La Quinta are our top priorities.

Maria
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I travel a ton for work (250+ nights a year) so I know what I want in a hotel. This location was clean, well maintained, and the staff was very friendly. Very convenient to the airport and great access to I-70, I-225, and I-270. You can bet I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LaQuinta6488, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Gateway Park, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to see you here soon.
Deltaville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The rooms are very nice, clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar has a good selection. The manager and front desk staff are very helpful and want your stay to be a good one. I would definitely come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

LaQuinta6488, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Gateway Park, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
We greatly appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you soon. At La Quinta we are always here for you!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 17, 2013

When I'm looking for a budget hotel that is well kept with nice amenities, I always choose La Quinta. My wife and I were going to a wedding in downtown Denver and any decent hotels in the immediate area were 2 or 3 times more expensive and many had additional fees for wifi, parking, and breakfast. The La Quinta Gateway Park had no additional charges and was perfectly located between the airport and downtown, so we never had far to drive. Everything was clean and well maintained and the location is great even though it's not in downtown. The breakfast is nothing amazing, but it was nice to be able to grab something to eat before heading out each day. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice place to stay at a good price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Many travelers rely on reviews and feedback, before making their travel decisions. Thank you, for taking the time to post your feeback here.