“Good place”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Champa Street
Transit: Across the street from Light Rail station at Colorado Convention Center: D, F and H. Within 1/4 mile of several RTD bus lines. Denver B-cycle station located across the street.
Description: Row 14 Bistro & Wine Bar is a sophisticated yet approachable neighborhood cornerstone restaurant with a strong focus on the pairing of accessible wines and seasonal food offerings.Row 14 will feature New American cuisine prepared and presented using traditional Continental and Asian disciplines, in executions that Executive Chef Arik Markus describes as "experiential cuisine," allowing him to integrate many other great flavors, innovative techniques and a variety of global influences. In contrast to this worldly approach to his dishes, Markus feels a great responsibility to sourcing locally and responsibly, and exclusively using items that are fresh and seasonal.The goal of the Row 14 wine program is to make wine accessible, fun and affordable. For both the bottle and by-the-glass list, the goal is to source great wines from around the world that have interesting flavor profiles, pair well with food, and offer a great value. Located in SPIRE at 14th & Champa.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We were greeted by a unfriendly hostess and almost didn't stay.

Fortunately, we had a great waiter who turned around our experience. We were hungry and arrived during their happy hour, which had a great price on wines, but an abbreviated food menu. We ended up ordering a couple of appetizers and hamburgers. The hamburgers were excellent, one of the best I've ever had. Highly recommended. The hummus and the the fries were great, but we found the sashimi just okay.

We were only one of three tables at that hour, so I can't comment on the noise level. Suffice to say that the experience turned out well because of the waiter's attentiveness and personality, as well as really good food.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had planned on eating here after a glass of wine but decided not to do so. I was entertaining a colleague and we wanted to talk and it was just too noisy. The wine we did have was very nice (although pricey) and the menu looked good, but it was just too noisy and I felt like the people next to us were crowded into us. It wasn't pleasant to take a business colleague so we left to have dinner elsewhere.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Our server was excellent. He was patient and helpful. We wanted to substitute a few things in our dishes and he was more than happy to accommodate but ultimately kindly suggested that the dishes are excellent the way they are prepared. He was right. I do not like carrots but I really wanted the braised beef short ribs that came with a spicy ginger carrot sauce. That sauce is making me reconsider carrots. That is how good it was. Some kind of peppery heat in the background that brought this dish together. The beef just melted it was so tender. Our server suggested the Colorado Cabernet Franc which was excellent. I went with two business associates who are wine lovers like myself and we all loved our food. I loved my experience and would definitely go back.

1  Thank BeverlyT3
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We were on our way to eat at Kevin Taylor restaurant. We stopped here since the walk here was very easy and we were a bit early. The service was great, we ate an appetizer at the bar. We had the Empanadas. Wow, they were great. Very flaky. Very good. My wife and I enjoyed it. The service in the bar area was excellent. They had some champagne available by the glass as well as beer on tap. I would recommend going there again and actually having a nice sit down dinner.

1  Thank Frank S
Reviewed November 6, 2012

It had a nice atmosphere at the bar and the bartenders were very helpful. The philly cheesesteak empanadas were a novelty, but lacked something...perhaps a little taste. The cheese was good, but not a good value. The wine was excellent (the Italian blend) and reasonable. Most of the party liked the salmon appetizer, but I can't say it did much for me (so I will defer to them). The location was wonderful for the DCPA and convention center. Nice place for happy hour.