“Delightful Trout with Encrusted Pecans in a sweet brown glaze”
Review of Ocean Prime Denver

Ocean Prime Denver
Ranked #12 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Chosen as editor’s pick for “Best Seafood” by 5280 magazine, OCEAN PRIME Denver is conveniently located in downtown Denver at Larimer Square, one of the city’s oldest and most historic blocks and home to vibrant, distinctive, fine shopping and dining. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Denver an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My business colleague was in the mood for seafood, so we received this recommendation from the concierge. We were not disappointed. I tried the trout dish, encrusted with pecans, and served with a sweet brown sugar glaze. It was delightfully different. I was not sure that I would like a sweet glaze on the fish, but it was quite tasty.

My colleague had a salmon dish which he enjoyed. He also ordered a Caesar salad, and said it was good.

The food was delivered relatively quickly. The service was top quality and attentive.

There are newer reviews for Ocean Prime Denver

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was our first time at Ocean Prime and everything exceeded expectations! Our waiter was very familiar with the menu and accommodated every need without us even asking. We ordered the lobster and crab and they split the entrees perfectly onto our plates without us having to ask. The Seafood was the best in Denver I have ever had, the service and setting were perfect! Definitely look forward to our next visit.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

After reading other reviews, I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing. To be fair, the setting here is nice, great location on Larimer, valet parking is very convenient but the service was ridiculously SLOW!!!

We sat down at 7:45, no appetizers, ordered dinner and waited, waited, waited for soups/salads, waited, waited, waited for dinner, waited, waited, waited for coffee and then the server vanished for 30 minutes while we waited, waited, waited for the check at 11pm.

I doubt that I will give it another shot for a meal that was almost $200 (for two) and didn't blow us away...

1  Thank bgentryeye2
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I had dinner there for our 23 Anniversary on 10 February 2012. I made reservations for the Veranda, which is overlooking Laramie Square. It was so romantic with the lights light up and the view was great - especially the night we visited, it was snowing. We had seafood, the Sea Bass, and it was by far the best Seafood I have ever had. We had drinks downstairs in the bar first and you get popcorn with your drinks. When our table was ready - they greeted us with 2 big glasses of Prosecco and congratulated us on our anniversary. They also offered us a big complimentary desert with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate with chocolate. I can not think of anything that needs improvement. The food is excellent and top-notch - the athmosphere is wonderful and very romantic if you go their for a date or special occassion. Just loved the whole athmosphere. The neighborhood, Laramie Square, is a beautiful neighborhood with botiques and shops. The staff and chef were so freindly!

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

The food was wonderful.... a little pricy but worth it! Just don't expect to take home leftovers the portions were small. The neighborhood is nice with beautiful boutiques.