“YIKES -- Overpriced and overated!”
Review of El Diablo - CLOSED

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st & Broadway
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Well the atmosphere was fun and the service was very good. But the food was mediocre and best and expensive for mexican food. Total disappointment. Will never go there again.

There are newer reviews for El Diablo

Reviewed October 31, 2011

El Diablo is one of my go to restaurants for tacos, guac and drinks. The other entrees are ok, not great. The drinks, service and the atmosphere are the best parts of this restaurant- the staff are really fun, the cocktail menu is excellent with an amazing selection of tequilas. It's a good day when you can spend a few hours at the bar sipping tequila and eating tacos!

Reviewed October 2, 2011

To reiterate what others have said - not your usual Mexican restaurant. It is a great place for date night (me and my boyf went for my birthday) and their burritos are delish. The sauce is extremely spicy though, so if like me you donlt want gut-ache in the morning, they will put the sauce on the side rather than smother it. Worth a visit if you'd like to try a place in a great location, and good vibe. There is an outside patio too for those warmer evenings.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I love Mexican food of all kinds, but I guess I'm guilty of liking my margaritas big and my food covered in cheese :) If you're like me, just beware when you go to El Diablo. The waiter seemed a little surprised (or disgusted) that we asked if we could order a pitcher of margaritas for the table, saying that "They can only be made fresh" - it just seemed obvious for 3 to 4 people drinking margaritas to have pitcher...but otherwise the food was very good. The wine list was limited and hard to find, but of course there are plenty of margaritas and they were delicious!

1  Thank Megbuck
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Visited El Diablo for the first time last week and was pleasantly surprised. A casual place, somewhat too loud for my tastes, but the food the four of us had was consistently well executed and very tasty. We stuck mostly to the braised meats on others recommendations. We had Pork Pibil, Braised Brisket, chicken Mole and an enchilada plate. My brisket was perfectly cooked, mildly spicy and a large portion, as were all the entrees. Guacamole made to order and Huitlacoche (corn fungus) quesadilla for app's. The huitlacoche sounds pretty odd, but it actually was too mild and not that distinguishable.