“The tour itself was great but...”
Review of Colorado Sightseer

Colorado Sightseer
Ranked #25 of 79 Tours in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: See, Learn and Explore Denver, the Foothills and the Rocky Mountains with fun and exciting half and full day sightseeing and adventure tours originating out of Denver.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

If I were to review the tour only I would have given it an excellent rating as it met all expectations. Our guide, Ed, was very knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and caring. On our tour we had a member who had some physical disabilities and Ed went out of his way to make that individual comfortable and able to enjoy the tour. I must also point out Ed's driving ability, we took the Ultimate Mountain trip which includes going up Mt. Evans, not an easy drive by any means and Ed did a wonderful job of keeping us safe. We were picked up on time (in fact he was early), and returned on schedule. Because it is a small bus we made new friends and learned much more than if we were on a big bus as Ed explained much about the area and history as we went along.

The reason I did not give the experience an excellent rating is because the office staff lacked customer service. My confirmation said to call at least 24 hours in advance to confirm. Since I was traveling the day before the tour I called two days before to confirm. The individual on the other end of the line gave me attitude for calling 2 days rather than one day. When I pointed out that the email said at least 24 hours and not within 24 hours he continued to have an issue. Finally he asked for my details as to when and where we were to be picked up. When I read to him what I had in his email he retorted that I was wrong and that it could not be right. I then told him I was reading from his email and if he wanted I would bounce the email back to him and he could look for himself. He then must have looked it up and grudgingly admitted I was correct. No apology or anything. He mumbled something about we were all set and then hung up the phone. At that point I was ready to cancel but chose instead to go ahead, and I am glad I did.

8  Thank BobJ645
There are newer reviews for Colorado Sightseer

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We went on the Summer Ultimate Mountain trip with Mark as our guide. He was incredibly informative about Denver and Colorado history. I would highly recommend this tour. Our kids are between 9 - 15 and they all had a lot of fun. Even the teenager had a great time and he hates everything this week!

6  Thank terryx5
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We took the Rocky Mountain National Park tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were only 4 people on the tour so it was like having a private guide. We were a little worried about not getting to go as we were the first two to schedule but it worked out. The van was right on time and our guide, Ed, was friendly, knowledgeable, a great story teller and a good driver. We had a lovely picnic lunch near a rushing stream in the park and there were always plenty of drinks (water and soft drinks) on hand whenever we wanted something. They also provided snacks. We hiked around Sprague Lake and then went on a beautiful drive through the park, stopping to take in the views and snap photos. From the welcome center we could hike up to the highest elevation of 12,005 feet. It was gorgeous! And a much easier hike going down!! We saw herds of elk but unfortunately no big horn sheep. The entire day was just about perfect and Ed had us back to the first hotel drop off just before 6:30 pm. I thought it was a great day and tour.

7  Thank Summerfun615
Reviewed July 28, 2014

In Denver for a two week training and a group of us wanted to see Red Rock and the Wild Bill museum. Mike our tour guide/driver was knowledgable and was able to give us a lot of history on Denver. He gave us ideas of other places we should see while we are in town. He was friendly and ensured we kept hydrated, he even had snacks for us. This experience was wonderful. If you want to experience Denver call and ask if Mike can be your guide

3  Thank NM Y
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the eight hour "Ultimate Summer Trip" tour which took us to Mount Evans and Idaho Springs. Picked up at the lobby entrance to the Sheraton Hotel, we were the only Americans in the small, comfortable, ~20 seat tour bus, and had a great time chatting with the mostly Australian (plus a few Canadians) group. Our tour guide, Ed, was friendly, chatty, informative, and kept us entertained the whole time. Mount Evans was great, wonderful views. Keep in mind that there is a 40-50 degree temperature drop from downtown Denver to the top of the peak, plus a generous wind chill, which on the day we visited was in the low 30s (it was in the mid 90s that day in Denver), so bring your jackets!

3  Thank gunner4id