“Davis Family Reunion”

Ranked #27 of 78 Tours in Denver
Montclair, Virginia
“Davis Family Reunion”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had a family reunion 6/26-6/29 2014 in Denver Co. We contracted with The Colorado Sightseer for a bus tour on 6/27 for 52 people. Our bus arrived promptly and we had a courteous driver and a very knowledgable tour guide, Ed. Our tour began at Red Rock, then proceeded to Coors Brewery, Mt Lookout and Buffalo Bill Museum. At Mt Lookout we had a box lunch picnic. Sandwiches were very good. Everyone was pleased with the tour and had an enjoyable day. I will use the service in the future if we return to Denver.

Visited June 2014

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worth the trip to Denver!”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My friend and I were visiting Denver last week. We did the Ultimate Winter Mountain Tour with Mark on Wednesday and had a great time. Mark was awesome. A really great guide.
The next day we did the Rocky Mountain National Park tour with Sherry. She was really knowledgable, very nice, and showed us some great spots.

Overall, we were so happy with our two days spent in the mountains.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Ula B
Roslyn NY
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Colorado Sightseer Pikes Peak tour”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

First of all, we enjoyed the tour very much. My wife and I were in the van with one other guest so it was like a private tour. Mark, the tour guide and driver was terrific and he was an excellent driver, friendly and knowledgeable. The other guest with us added to our enjoyable day.

Now the reason for the three stars. We booked this tour on the phone with the owner Heath and gave him our full credit card info and asked for an email confirmation. He refused saying that you don't get an email confirmation when you book on the phone. Due to bad weather, our plane flight had a chance of being cancelled. As the tour requires a 24 hour cancellation notice we checked with our credit card company as well as our travel insurance company to find out if we would be covered with only a verbal reservation. The answer by both companies was no - you had to have this in writing from the tour company.

We called back Heath and he became nasty and told us we should have booked online. On line reservations has an add on cost of $4.50 per person or $9.00. He said he was very busy and would charge us $10.00 for the confirmation and would call us back to let us know if he would do it, which he did about 11/2 hours later.
The only reason why we did not cancel the tour was we really wanted to go on this tour and there was no other tour in town that day. Therefore, we paid the extra $10.00 for the written confirmation. Even though it turned out to be a wonderful day, this did not leave us with a good feeling about the company.

Our recommendation is to purchase this tour online and not deal with the owner and pay the extra for a confirmation. Our further recommendation is to take the same tour with a different company if possible and not give Heath and the Colorado sightseer the business.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank altman41
Clarksville, Tennessee
353 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 744 helpful votes
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Dr. Ed Tezak was our tour guide and he was exceptional. He is very knowledgeable with Colorado and told many stories. The whole tour was awesome. We were a tour of 24 seniors on our way to the Colorado Rockies. This was one stop off and I am very glad we were able to take this wonderful tour of Denver.He detailed the building of the State Capitol Building and we spent a lot of time touring the building and taking pictures. He helped our group get pictures of the ceiling, positioning himself so he could take great pictures.We then took a motorcoach tour of the entire city with Dr. Tezak narrating. It was very informative and educational. We took a tour of the Brown Palace Hotel which was a "sight to be seen". A "must see". Although he recommended we stop and have lunch (I can't remember the area) where there were a lot of choices, our Tennessee tour guide already chose Panera Bread (yuck). I have to say that this was one of the best tours (3 hrs.) and tourguides I have ever experienced. Dr. Tezak is an exceptionally intelligent individual and made our tour enjoyable. You've got to book this tour with him. Highly recommend it!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MaryannF650
Hartford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Hit and Miss”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I liked that I was picked up promptly right in front of my hotel. The driver was friendly, accommodating and full of great information. The tour I booked was canceled but I was offered an alternative tour.
The person on the phone I dealt with was very friendly.

We had problems on the tour due to bad weather, but the driver did everything he could to make it better by making a few detours to make sure we could see some mountains. We had nicely timed stops to get out and stretch our legs, enjoy the scenery and use a bathoom.

The tour also provided snacks and beverages, which I thought was a nice touch. The picnic lunch was ruined due to the rain and we had to eat on the bus. But you get a large sandwich, chips, apple and a cookie. Too bad we couldn't sit outside and enjoy it. There were people from all over the world on the tour and it would be nice to chat with them.

I gave this tour an average rating because:
1.The tour bus was uncomfortable (my knees were jammed into the seat in front of me and i am only 5'3") and bouncy. Bring aspirin! I had such a bad headache. But not sure if that was from the altitude or all the bouncing.
2. this was a 10 hour tour, a little too long. I had originally booked a 6 hour tour.
3. I felt rushed by the driver at times. When we did finally see some Elk, we had about five minutes to take a picture and get back on the bus. I would have liked to watch the animals a little bit longer.

Being that I was in Denver without a car, this was a very nice way to see the sights and learn a little bit about the area. It's not the tours fault that the weather obstructed our view, but what I did see was beautiful.

My favorite views were in the Rocky Mountain National Park, so I would recommend booking a tour that includes the part.

Visited September 2013