Tripadvisor
Denver
All reviews monet exhibit great location small room enjoyed my stay light rail yogurt street mall a great stay free breakfast union station home2 hairdryer lobby sheets downtown airport
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my recent 2-night stay here. This hotel provides excellent value for a reasonable price, in the heart of downtown Denver. I wanted a location with convenient access to the airport via public transportation, within easy walking distance of the art museum (for the Monet exhibit). The Tru shares a building with Home2 Suites. It's minutes from the outdoor 16th St. mall, 15-18 minutes' walk (or you can take the free 16th Street team) from Union Station (from which you take the light rail to the airport), and 15 -18 minutes' walk to the Denver Art Museum. (Right across the street from the hotel is Poké Club, which has excellent poké bowls.)

The staff is excellent! I especially want to mention Chason, Amber, and Anica at the front desk, hotel manager, Scott, and breakfast staffer, Angelica. All went out of their way to be pleasant and accommodating.

I requested a room on a high floor with a nice view. The sun poured in the window in the morning and, beyond the city buildings, I could see mountains in the distance. The sunrise was beautiful, as were the city lights at night. Room amenities included a lot of storage space, huge flatscreen TV, mini fridge, hair dryer, iron/board, hooks to hang up your stuff, full length mirror, room-darrkening shades, and environmentally friendly body wash/shampoo/conditioner/lotion in installed containers. Wastebaskets are divided into two sections so you can recycle, and cups are paper, not plastic. Kleenex and toilet tissue are, unfortunately, not the super soft kind. Linens are soft and of nice quality, and towels are plush. The floor is not carpeted; it's woodgrain laminate. Window did not open.

The included breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, home fries, sausage, cereals, fresh fruit, boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, bagels, oatmeal, juices, coffee, and teas. Items changed daily for variety. I really liked the fact that they use real plates, glassware, and silverware, along with brown paper napkins. Again, environmentally minded!

This is not a super plush luxury property. It's safe, clean, bright, modern, and centrally located for a can't-be-beaten price, with friendly people who care that you enjoy your stay. Exactly what I wanted, and I would stay there again!

Trip type: Traveled solo
Mote_Chason, Guest Services Supervisor at Tru By Hilton Denver Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2020

Hi MECindylou! Thank you so much for reaching out and providing feedback on the absolutely stellar stay you had with us! We truly appreciate it, and we're so glad we had the opportunity to host you during your time in the Mile High City. Tru is designed in mind for guests like you, and we strive to provide above-and-beyond service for all our guests. Again, we're thrilled you loved your experience with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back to another "Tru"-ly amazing experience the next time you're in Denver!

Reviewed January 19, 2020

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was friendly. It was nice and clean. The breakfast was awesome. We had fun playing shuffle board there. The location was awesome.
Right around the corner from 16th street. There were so many bars and restaurants and shopping within walking distance. There was also a free bus that would take you all around as well. The ac kicking on took some getting used to. But overall I loved my stay here and would for sure stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2020

The location was amazing. While staying here we were literally right in downtown denver and doing a work convention which was nice being so close to everything. Worst part was the valet was all over the place, never being consistent. Then the whole "save electricity and power" deal. Our A/C would only turn on 1 time. I'd have to get up every night, multiple times to turn it off then back on to get the ac to kick on and run for maybe 20 mins. I asked and they said use your card in the little slot and I did that, with multiple cards so yeah, I'd say pick elsewhere unless this is your last resort!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tru by Hilton
Mote_Chason, Guest Services Supervisor at Tru By Hilton Denver Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi clittlefield2020! Thank you so much for providing feedback about your recent stay with us. We're sorry to hear the valet and the HVAC did not live up to your expectations- we're working diligently to ensure these issues aren't occurrences in the future, and hope it doesn't deter you from staying with us. Again, we truly appreciate your feedback, and would love to welcome you back to a "Tru"-ly great experience.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

We enjoyed our stay. - was easy. To find. - the staff ROCKED- clean - accommodating - I didn’t hear anyone once I was in my room. - shower was. Awesome - Great location- good breakfast - nice view - will come back for sure. - sheets where super soft !! That was great

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Tru by Hilton
Mote_Chason, Guest Services Supervisor at Tru By Hilton Denver Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Hi Amanda! Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so glad you had a wonderful stay with us during your adventures in the Mile High City! Our philosophy here is to create a "Tru"-ly great experience that will bring your back into our building in the near future. Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to greeting you again soon!

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Hard to beat for the price and location. Hotel lobby is fun, had games and fun seating. Bar and bartender was great. All staff was very friendly in fact. Room was clean, a little small but it was just me so that was fine. Breakfast was fantastic. I had plenty of hot water, I was worried about this from some previous reviews. I had some digital room key issues that were inconvenient, but overall I was very satisfied with my stay.

• Trip type: Traveled solo