“Reasonably authentic, crowded but fast service”
Review of Star Kitchen

Star Kitchen
Ranked #210 of 3,084 Restaurants in Denver
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Went with 4 others and had only selections from the dim sum carts. I've lived in China for almost a decade so I feel comfortable making statements about Chinese food. The dim sum was reasonably authentic, it's not high-end but it is tasty and a very affordable place for larger groups, allows everyone to try a little of everything. Tables and decor are cheap and a bit run down, wait staff speak very little English, tons of kids running around etc. so not a good place for a date. Informal meal with a group of friends though...perfect!

There are newer reviews for Star Kitchen

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We came here early for lunch today as they get busy early. They had a large variety of dim sum and also had tanks of fresh seafood available. Service was prompt although the lady with the dim sum cart passed by us a couple of times without slowing down or stopping. The atmosphere is average, typical strip mall ambiance. Lastly, one point of concern: there was an obviously dead fish upside down in one of the tanks. Who would want to eat that? We will return for the dim sum.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We cannot get enough of this place. The serving staff is welcoming and eager. The food co minutes to impress. Come for the seafood. The razor clams are unique. The prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

In my first meal at Star Kitchen, I was pleased to discover a menu full of many great choices and old favorites. The food was very good and so was the service on a busy Saturday night. I had planned on being a regular. However, I later found my bank account was charged a 26% tip, when I had left an 18% tip. I disputed the charge I did not sign for through my bank, and the bank – not the restaurant – refunded me the unauthorized tip. There was also a security issue: The restaurant allowed a man to distribute marketing flyers at its front door, and when I refused a flyer on the way into the restaurant, the man blocked me from getting to my car on the way out. He stood in front of my car door. I had to tell him several times to leave me alone to be able to drive away. This made me uncomfortable and was an unpleasant way to end my meal. I alerted the restaurant, but don’t know whether any action was taken to prevent this from happening to other customers.

1  Thank L N
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This place is great and authentic. I would compare it to places in San Francisco. The cart ladies are very friendly and they make sure they give you hot dim sum. There is a little language barrier but they are nice and gave recommendations when we were not sure. They have several noodle dishes to choose from, a couple bao buns, and lots if steamed baskets. They also have several sweet choices for dessert. We had about 7-8 plates for about $36. The atmosphere was as expected but seemed clean. There was a small wait but worth it. The drink servers were attentive and kept out tea and water refilled. I am looking forward to going back.

1  Thank Sara B

Been to Star Kitchen? Share your experiences!