Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
GreenLeadersGold level
Leadville, Colorado
“Amenities are poor”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

On top of a high price, there is no free WiFi in the room, no jaccuzi, pillows were poor (all air and no substance), it was cold and damp and a higher temperature above 74 degrees was not allowed by the thermostat. Also, parking was done by a valet, or else short-term parking was $15.00.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
I wanted to thank you for the feedback and personally apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I will certainly pass your comments along to our team and will make sure to check the HVAC unit in your suite. Please contact me next time you are in the area and I will make sure you are well taken care of!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed September 20, 2013

100 meters from convention center. Clean, modern, quiet, friendly staff. Excellent free breakfast. Reasonably fast Wi Fi. Rudimentary gym. Small but functional pool. Free managers reception in the afternoon with basic snacks, good beer, cheap wine. Overall an excellent choice for conventioneers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for providing us with some excellent feedback, and I'm thrilled that you had a great stay with us! We would love to have you visit us again soon!
Dexter, Missouri
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Location was very good, walking distance from most things downtown or catch free shuttle. Hotel itself was okay. Nothing spectacular. Carpet in my room was nasty. Front desk wasn't anymore helpful than they had to be. Rest of staff very accommodating & friendly. Extremely disappointed in the Lounge. Chairs are dirty & need replaced. Was advertised to be open until midnight. Not the case. Instead it closed at 11:00 pm. 3rd night we were there was the worst. Female bartender & ONE waitress for the whole area. It was a home Rockies game night & many conference attendees there. Bartender had a panic attack & was MIA. SERIOUSLY? Took 45 min to get an appetizer (chips/Dip). One beer & a wine took almost 30 min. Ridiculous in any event! By the time we got the appetizer, the girl came & told us they were closing early due to bartender & it was last call. There were at least 25 patrons still eating & TRYING to get waited on. Food from restaurant was very good. I'm a gold honors member. They could care less. Paid extra to have corner room with view of mountains. What a joke. 5th floor, very disappointing.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for room with a mountain view. Ask for higher floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I wanted to thank you for providing us with some feedback from your recent stay with us! I can certainly understand your frustration with the issues you encountered during your stay and can assure you that this is not the norm at our hotel. I will make sure to share your comments with our entire team. I would love to discuss your stay further with you, and assist with resolving some of the issues. Please feel free to contact me directly at Joe.Pilakowski@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com. I look forward to hearing back from you!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel restored my faith in embassy suites - after staying in some bad ones recently, this one was a nice surprise. The hotel is very modern and clean. The room, new and fresh - 2 room standard - very nice and quiet. The breakfast buffet very good as is the managers reception each night. Located right across from the convention center. Best wifi in a hilton property i have had for awhile! Denver is not my favorite city, but if I return for another conference I would definitely stay here!

1 Thank xiphoid76
I'm glad that you chose to stay at our hotel during your conference in Denver! It's great that we were able to change your opinion of the Embassy Brand and look forward to having you visit us again during your next conference!
Ohio
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We picked this hotel, based on the reviews here. Our stay was great. The property is very nice, modern, the rooms are large and very clean. The window curtains in the room stole my heart :-) The hotel is withing 5 min walking distance from 16str. street Mall but I would recommend using caution when going back to the hotel late at night. Two employees stood out from the crowd, Luke, the FD agent who checked us in and was absolutely awesome & the young, tall gentleman working at the Vallet Service (I did not get his name unfortunately) who was very polite and went above and beyond to provide us with an exceptional customer service! We also booked a tour to the RMNP with Grayline and the tour company has pick up and drop off at this hotel which was very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm glad that you had a great experience during your last stay with us! Luke is a great asset to our team and always takes great care of our guests! I hope you had a great experience at RMNP. It is gorgeous up there and definitely a treat to experience! We hope to see you again soon!
New Jersey, USA
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The rooms are beautiful and spacious with free WI-fi in the lobby. There is a complimentary breakfast buffet that includes an omelet station and a manager's reception with drinks and snacks. The hotel is just a few blocks away from a pedestrian mall with wonderful restaurants and shops. I highly recommend this hotel as it was a tremendous value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing some feedback from your recent stay with us! We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I traveled to Denver for business, and the conference hotel for the conference I was attending sold out quickly. For nearly half the price of the other hotel- I liked Embassy much better. The room is spacious and clean and VERY comfortable for one person (easily would be comfortable for a family of 3 or 4 also). The breakfast buffet was nice, but I admittedly only ever eat fruit and yogurt from them anyway- so didn't try any of the hot food. I would definitely recommend staying here for business or family travel, and would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We are lucky that the hotel you were going to stay at was sold out and led you to give us a try! It's great to hear that you had a great stay with us and we hope we will become your new choice when your travels bring you to Denver!