“Unbelievable! Perfection!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Booked this place as a gift for a friend after a bachelorette party, and this was probably in the top 10 of best gifts I've ever given in my life! The room was large, including a living area, 2 queen beds, and a kitchenette. The bathroom was large, and included a toilet that flushed extremely quietly and quickly! Also, the floor in the bathroom was made of a material that did not easily attract coldness, making it comfortable to walk on, and the toiletries are by Crabtree & Evelyn! There was plenty of coffee and tea, with a maker that allowed you to brew two cups simultaneously of a drink of your choosing! The room had multiple giant televisions, more than enough outlets, enjoyable art, and it felt like a home. Really. Lastly, the complimentary breakfast is rather unbelievable, including made-to-order omelettes. It's also a buffet, so stock up and get your money's worth! The decor also is simply divine, without being cheesily decadent, but tastefully modern and chic. I WILL return to this establishment when I go to Denver and need a hotel. I'm sold!

Room Tip: The rooms on the highest floor have the best views both to the outside and in the inside looking dow...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ughughCO
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

We appreciate all the feedback you provided from your stay with us! I'm glad that you chose to book our hotel as the gift and that we lived up to your expectations! Feel free to contact me directly on your next trip to Denver and I will make sure you are well taken care of! I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Had a problem with the TV. Robert, from engineering came and fixed it in a minute. In addition he was extremely pleasant,cheerful and helpful. A valued employee for sure. It relay makes a difference in your stay and you can overlook minor problems when you meet pleasant and helpful employees.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your stay and Robert! We are lucky to have him and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team! I hope you come visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

In Denver for a few business meetings. Great location downtown with easy walkable access to my meetings, restaurants & nightlife. The staff has been great, especially with a late arrival check-in (past midnight). Friendly, modern, with great rooms!

• Stayed: June 2013
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

It's great to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us currently! We appreciate you taking some time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor, and please feel free to contact me anytime if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Great place to stay. Very Friendly Staff and very clean Hotel. Great value for the money. We had our daughters College Graduation at the hotel and it was a great and fun experience. We especially loved the location being right downtown and the front desk staff gave us a bunch of great recomendations for restaurants around the area

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I am glad that you had a great stay with us! Please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Chef Tommy, who prepares the made to order breakfast, goes beyond the call of duty even if you have overslept and missed the breakfast hours he will stop cleaning up and make sure you get some breakfast. The location is perfect for events at the convention center and seeing downtown Denver. There are blackout curtains so it is very easy to get a good night sleep even when the sun comes up at 5:30. The only down side is that the indoor pool does not have a sun deck or access to the outdoors for better ventilation. As long as you have no interest in enjoying some of the gorgeous summer sun while relaxing by a pool this hotel has everything else you could want and the service is great!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

It's great to hear that Tommy made sure you got breakfast each morning of your stay! He is a true asset to our team and we are lucky to have him! Thank you for sharing some feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a recently built ES and it follows the typical ES layout. Room are spacious, clean and in good shape. Common areas are attractively designed. The location downtown is great for conventions, attending games or going to something at the arts center. You will likely be very happy staying here. The included breakfast is exactly same as you would get at other Hilton family properties like Hampton Inn but it does include the addition of an omelet bar, which was very nice. I can verify the small complaints from other reviews about A/C blowing on the bed and issues with erratic water pressure.

One GLARING ISSUE does exist at this hotel and it is with the valet service. My wife was in Denver for a conference but we arrived early to run in the local half marathon, which started in City Park, approximately 2 miles from the hotel.

I called down to valet for a taxi to the start line 5 minutes prior to 6am (race started at 7am). When we arrived downstairs no taxi had been called, no big deal, I just requested a taxi again. After a short delay a large black SUV pulled up and the valet ushered us inside. I told the driver where we were going and why and we took off toward the park. About half way to the park I noticed that the "taxi" didn't have a meter or the usual driver ID. After a brief moment of panic (in which I considered that we had been kidnaped) I realized the valet had put us in a car service rather than a taxi like we had specifically requested. We had a race to get to, so at that point we didn't have the option to demand that the driver pull over and let us out. We arrived at the park and the driver wanted an INSANE amount of money for the trip. Again we didn't have time for an argument with the race starting in less than 30 minutes so I gave him a twenty (for a taxi ride that would have been $6.00) and we bolted.

When I returned to the hotel I complained to the front desk about the bait and switch going on at valet. She apologised and said that I was the second person to complain about it that day. She also said that they would talk to the valet about not "pressuring" guests into using a towncar. I told her that no pressure was being applied, they were intentionally sneaking guests into the car service.

Later that day me and a friend wanted to visit the Botanical Gardens. We asked the valet for a taxi. Immediately a black Suburban was brought up.

I asked the valet "Is this a taxi?!"

"Yes sir, this is a taxi." Said the Valet.

I stuck my head in the drivers window and there was no meter. "This isn't a Taxi, there is no meter in here. I want a taxi! I don't need to spend $40 to go 2 miles!!"

The valet sent the car service away, after arguing with me again, and said they would call a yellow car. 10 minutes later no taxi. My friend and I walked 20 meters to the convention center and found 20 taxis lined up and took one of those. The driver of that taxi confirmed that the hotel valet staff are in some kind of cahoots with a car service.

I don't mind having the car service option, it can be a great way to get to and from the airport, but sneaking and forcing guests to use it for short trips in the city is completely asinine.

Stay at the Hyatt across the street, they will call you an actual Taxi.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RyleyinSTL

I wanted to thank you for the feedback you provided us from your recent stay at our hotel! We take great pride in being recognized as one of the top hotels in the downtown area, and I apologize about the level of service you received from our valet department. This is certainly not the standard at our hotel and I can assure you that I will be having a discussion with our valet manager about this. Next time you are in the Denver area please contact me directly and I will make sure that you are well taken care of! I hope you choose to stay with us again real soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and saw great reviews but we didn't think it lived up to Embassy Suites past standards. This is a new hotel and we didn't think it was that great.

First the major disappointments.
1. Air conditioner fan blew right on the bed and made it hard to sleep.
2. NO black out curtians!! Who doean't install that feature now??
3. Furniture in living area very generic and not very comfortable.

Lesser disappointments
1. Other than the fresh omelets not much better than most continental breakfasts.
2. Only half and half for any type of creamer in the room and at the breakfast area. Not even some powdered creamer.
3. Valet pretty slow.

We will probably not stay here again as other good hotels in the area for the same price range.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as all of your feedback. We pride ourselves on being one of the top Hilton properties in the world and I apologize that your stay do not reflect this at all. Please let me know when you have a moment what I can do to help rectify the situation. Again, please accept my apology for your experience, and I hope to speak with you soon. Feel free to contact me at 303-592-1000 ex.6079 or at Joe.pilakowski@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com!