“Exceeded my expectations.”

GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego, California
“Exceeded my expectations.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

After a bad night at another local hotel, the Embassy Suites was a fresh new start to our weekend in Denver. While the hotel name might not make you think of a great hotel stay, don't worry. Our room was clean. The bed was very comfortable. It had a small fridge and microwave which were both handy. The room was silent at night. The living area is perfect size with a comfortable couch for watching TV or a desk to get some work done. The location is central and a quick walk to many of the good bars and restaurants downtown. The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard but seemed fresh. I did hear from people that the parking is fairly expensive but we didn't have a car so we weren't affected by this. Our room rate was a fraction of some of the high profile hotels in Denver. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I'm glad that you had a better night after choosing to stay at our hotel! We take a lot of pride in the customer service that we provide, and constantly strive to be the best! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbus, OH
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is a very convenient downtown location, while not being too close to the 16th avenue area. The value offered here is generally very good compared to others in the area. It is clean, has very good facilities and has a very good staff that handle issues that may come up.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for providing us with a great review on TripAdvisor! We certainly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was really impressed by the look and quality of the hotel...I was pleasantly surprised. I've stayed at other Embassy Suites and did not have the same experience. The Denver property is really wonderful, I thought I was at a Westin. The hotel staff was also great, I travel a ton, and this hotel has it down. You can tell the staff was well trained, and truly happy to work there. Kudos to the management team, as well as the staff!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Sue H
Thank you for sharing how wonderful of an experience you had at our hotel recently! We appreciate the feedback and would love to see you again soon!
Oakland, California
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'm in Denver frequently and usually stay at the same hotels. My preferred hotels downtown were booked so I stayed at the Embassy Suites - a bit anxiously (I wanted a "nicer" hotel). I was pleasantly surprised at this property. It is relatively new, very clean and extremely well appointed. The common areas are downright luxurious, and the rooms are large, clean and extremely well appointed. The linens (bed and towels) are quite nice. The location is the biggest selling feature. It is walking distance to 16th Street (popular shopping), and walking distance to the fantastic restaurants on Larimer. It is directly across the street from the Convention Center (hence the name). My room (17th floor) was quiet as can be. There is a Starbucks restaurant DIRECTLY next door to the hotel (same building). My only disappointment was that there is NO SELF PARKING. Valet only - and it is pricey. That said, I would probably stay here again (if I couldn't get into Hotel Monaco, Hilton Garden Inn, Hilton, or DoubleTree).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We are thrilled that you chose to give our hotel a try on your last trip to Denver! Our location truly is hard to beat as we are central to almost everything in the downtown area. We would love to become your choice hotel for the downtown area. If there is ever anything I can do to make your stay more enjoyable please feel free to contact me directly!
Valrico, Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Location is great one block from 16th street. Only choice is valet parking and it is $30. Check-in was very easy. Room was clean. Embassy has great rooms for sleeping since the bedroom is away from the door and hall. It was very quiet all night. Manager reception was good. We didn't eat the snacks, but did have drinks. Breakfast was great with the omelette being the highlight

We did tell them we were celebrating our anniversary. When we got back from dinner there was a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries in our room. This was a very nice touch and was very much appreciated. This is our new place to stay when we visit downtown Denver. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I hope that you had a great time in Denver for your anniversary! I'm glad that my staff was able to make it extra special for both of you! We appreciate the feedback, and would love to have you come visit us again!
Boston, MA
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Downtown location directly across the street from Denver Convention Center was perfect on so many levels. It served our business group well to be a short walk away from meetings at the convention center.

Compliments to the front desk staff especially Travis who remembered my name and went out of his way to take care of my requests. Check in was speedy and everyone was upbeat.

My room was immaculate with king bed and excellent view of snow capped mountains. The adjoining room was spacious with "L" shaped couch, desk, chair, and 2nd flat panel HD TV.

A granite bar with sink, mini refrigerator, microwave oven, and coffee pot was located across from the bathroom.

A hot buffet was included with room charge - omelet station, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, pancakes, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, pastries, fresh juice, etc. This was a huge value add for our group and everyone commented on the delicious assortment of breakfast items.

The hotel provided complimentary beer, wine, and an assortment of spirits in the late afternoon. Our meals at the restaurant were most enjoyable and waitstaff service was amazing!!

I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
We appreciate the wonderful comments you shared about your last experience with us! We are extremely lucky to have Travis be a part of our team and I will make sure to share your comments with him. Please make sure to come see us again soon!
Denver, North Carolina
Reviewed May 9, 2013

In town for a conference our group was lucky enough to stay at this wonderful hotel. The interior is truly breath taking and amazing. We had a relaxing time just sitting in the lobby having drinks. Service is truly impeccable, I would compare to any 5 star resort. Rooms were clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The beds have to be one of the best I have ever slept on from various other hotels. We can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Allie D
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for providing us with a reveiw on TripAdvisor! If there is ever anything else I can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me. We would love to have you stay with us again!