“Excellent hotel choice in Denver”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #23 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
United States
“Excellent hotel choice in Denver”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Excellent hotel. Extremely helpful, friendly staff. Delicious complementary breakfast each morning, including individually cooked omelets. Large suites. I would absolutely come back to stay here again. Very reasonable priced.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for providing us with a great review about your recent stay! We certainly appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The staff at this hotel goes out of their way to help guests!

Loved it!

A special thank you to Tommy for wonderful omelettes during the Crossroads Volleyball Tournament in Denver!

Rooms are great!

Very close to convention center!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We are lucky to have Tommy be a part of our team, and I'm glad that he was able to take care of you! We appreciate the great comments you shared about your stay and hope you choose to stay with us next year for the Crossroads Volleyball!
Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed April 13, 2013

If you are attending an event at the Denver Convention Center (DCC) this is the hotel for you. You can practically fall across the street into the DCC.

This is a newer Embassy and although the rooms are set up in a similar fashion to all other Embassy Suites - (enter into an external sitting room, with desk/table, couch, TV, and small kitchen area with refrigerator, sink, and microwave, bedroom is a separate room in the back), the hotel layout is new. Instead of all the rooms circling around an internal atrium, the layout enables each room to face both an external windowed atrium with views of the mountains and also external views from the bedroom. This is a much more modern and welcome layout than your typical Embassy Suites as it is brighter and let's in much more natural light.

The rooms themselves are modern yet very comfortable. I'm not a fan of the window in the front room that looks out into the hallway, but there are nice wooden blinds that can be adjusted to give privacy but still let in some natural light. The couch is comfortable for sitting and watching TV and the table with office chair provides a nice work desk with very conveniently placed outlets and internet cable for direct access. There is wireless throughout the hotel at $9.95 a day or less if you purchase for the whole week. I love having the small kitchen area, especially when staying for several days. There is a coffee maker, small refrigerator, and microwave oven - very convenient for storing cold drinks, or keeping dinner leftovers. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, everything was super clean.

There are many good restaurants in this area within walking distance or a short cab ride away.

I did not get a chance to participate in the included breakfast or happy hour so can't comment on these, although it's nice to know they are available if you have time.

Also did not get a chance to use the fitness center but it looked well equipped and the pool looked clean and inviting.

There is a business center in the hotel which is easy to use and convenient.

Staff was pleasant and friendly. The lobby was modern, comfortable, and welcoming.

I'd recommend this hotel for anyone needing to stay in Downtown Denver and especially for those attending an event at the Denver Convention Center.

1 Thank travel_junkie3000
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
It's great to hear that you had an awesome stay at our hotel recently! We certainly appreciate all the comments you shared on TripAdvisor and I will be sure to share them with our entire team. Please come and see us again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 13, 2013

About to complete my two week stay here. I have been very pleased with this hotel and will definitely come back. All around, the service was consistently good. I stayed on the 17th floor and did not have to wait long for elevators. The bed was very comfortable & the food was good and surprisingly inexpensive. Great cook to order breakfast. Great location, two blocks from the 16th Street pedestrian mall/walkway and lots of restaurants within a 15 minute walk. Convention Center is across the street. The best shopping is at Cherry Creek Mall which is a 10 minute ride from the hotel. Nice and well maintained property. I was very comfortable and enjoyed my stay. Thanks ES!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are away from the atrium.
1 Thank Don-9941
We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with a great review on TripAdvisor! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team, and look forward to having you stay with us again!
New Mexico
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here to attend a conference and it was a great choice. First impression was how new and fresh the hotel felt. The lobby was elegant and simple. There is a manager's reception every night with free beer/wine and appetizers. There is also free breakfast with an omelette station. Great service for breakfast. The rooms are large, clean, not too bright, but extremely quiet, and the bed and pillows very comfortable. There was a small kitchenette with a small fridge, microwave, and sink - very convenient. Overall, a very nice place - will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we love to receive feedback from our guests! I hope that we will see you here again soon!
Reviewed April 12, 2013

You all did great. One piece of constructive feedback: at times, it took 15-20 minutes for the shower and faucet to get hot. Other than that, you all did a phenomenal job, especially the folks at the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us! We would love to have you stay with us again!
Toronto, ON
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed at the Embassy Suites for a conference, and was very pleased with the room when I first arrived. Good size, good work space. The bed was wonderful - had great sleeps all 4 nights I was there. The property is a LEED one - which is good. There is a Starbucks right beside the hotel (and you can charge to your room). Both the bedroom and the living area have flat panel TVs, with appropriate quality for the channels you get on them.

Downside had a lot to do with the service received. The staff was very pleasant - no question on this. The first night I placed a wake up call for the next morning. My phone rang just as I was going to bed but did not think anything of it. Wake up call did not arrive the next morning - I figured out then that the call the night before had been it - they put in my room number (on the 11th floor) as the wake up time. Not good.

The largest issue was when the housekeeping staff decided that the business receipts on the side of the desk were not really needed .. and threw them out!! Never had this happen in likely over 1000 hotel nights in my life. Called and mentioned this - they checked but could not find them, So, likely out more than a few dollars on that. They also threw out earplugs I had on the side of the bed. Never heard from a manager or anything with more detailed follow up or apology.

Ordered room service a couple of nights - first night it was to take 30 minutes, called down after 45 and was told it would just be a minute - ended up being 10 more. Second time I ordered a medium well burger and it was medium rare - but it did show up promptly.

As others have mentioned the add on charges for internet and parking can really add up - I received complimentary internet but it would definitely not be cheap otherwise.,

Coffee service was not completely replenished one of the nights.

So - the location (right across from the convention center) is fabulous, the room is great, but the level of service and follow up is not anywhere near on par with the room and furnishings.

1 Thank twokidsonecat
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in being one of the top hotels in the Denver area. I wanted to apologize that your stay did not reflect this at all. I can assure you that I will be sharing your comments with our entire team, so they can use this as a training tool. Please feel free to contact me directly at Joe.Pilakowski@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com and I would love to discuss this with you further. Again I'm sorry this took place and I look forward to hearing from you!