“Not as good as last time”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Manitou Springs, Colorado
“Not as good as last time”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our third stay here within the last six months. The first two were perfect. This time was not quite up to the same level. On the first night there was a line out the door for the evening happy hour. Later we tried to have a drink in the bar. We waited 20 minutes at a table without being acknowledged before going to the bar. The bar shares the room with the restaurant. Only one bartender and one waitress on for the whole place. They were working hard, but they needed more help. The in room coffee pot did not work. I will say that the replacement came quickly. There was a lot of mildew around the top of the tub. That's not something I go looking for, especially in Colorado, but that doesn't speak well for deep cleaning. The first morning we couldn't get near the breakfast buffet. The second we did, but the food was not nearly as good as last time, and later in the day both of us felt that something we ate had not agreed with us. Lets leave it at that. Bottom line: beautiful hotel, friendly and accommodating staff, but not enough help.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deb R
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel again, however it is discouraging to hear that it was not as good as last time. As you know this is definitely not the standard at our hotel, and I can assure you that it will be addressed. Next time you are in the Denver area please feel free to contact me directly and I will make sure that you are well taken care of!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Black Hills
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Professional staff. Quiet suite. Clean. Convenient location. Parking valet exceptional but cost adds up on total bill with the 15% tax. A family of six can expect to be put on the top floor in a corner (based on two separate trips a full year apart) along with other families. Still very quiet. If you want to be downtown this is recommended. Enjoy.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank SkiBlackHills
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for providing us with a great review from your recent stay! We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to seeing you again!
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent two nights here with wife and kids. The suite was perfect for us. Staff was very friendly and professional. Good location for hitting the 16th Street Mall. Great deal when you figure the free breakfast.

2 Thank dharmabum100
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for providing us with a great review about your recent stay. I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I really hate to rate this average, the location was great. Near shopping, plenty of Denver’s finest restaurants and close to something very near and dear to my heart, the Rockies stadium. But with competing hotels nearby, I won’t stay here again. I just can’t understand why they put so much effort in upgrades but let the rooms get so disgusting. I have stayed in some pretty seedy places however, not at this price. We could not get the water to turn off so we had to call maintenance when all we wanted to do was sleep. The coffee pots were so gross and stained with previous attendants coffee drippings, that I vetoed the morning coffee. I grabbed a face towel only to realize some form of sticky substance held it together..that one almost gave me nightmares..gross.. oh and the cleaning staff knocks on your door before 9am and asks if you are leaving soon..

1 Thank Sha D
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review on TripAdvisor! I apologize about the quality of your suite as this is certainly not the standard at our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with my entire team to use as a training tool moving forward. If you are ever in the area again please contact me directly and I will make sure that you are well taken care of!
Lake Forest IL
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is located in a good spot if you are passing through and want access to various places in downtown. My wife and kids have stayed here several times and it has been perfect both times. The cocktail hour is great and with the breakfast included this can't be beat. Also, close to the mint and other attractions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank StephenP783
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay again with us! Thank you for letting us know about your stay and I hope you come see us again soon!
Kinston, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I recently stayed in the Downtown Embassy Suites on my spring break in Denver - the room was perfect, the accommodations were awesome, and the staff was professional and courteous. The hotel is within walking distance of several downtown points of interest (including 16th Street Mall and several great bars/restaurants), and any questions you have about the area will be answered by the hotel staff. You will definitely be getting a hotel room and atmosphere that is worth the money! A special thanks to Josh Ventry for making my first trip to Denver even more special by being so helpful during my stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maggie H
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a great review on TripAdvisor! We value the feedback our guest's provide us and I hope that you will visit us again soon!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went to a concert at the Pepsi Center and this hotel was a perfect place to stay. Within walking distance. The only downfall about this hotel is that it is Valet parking only. Ouch! Hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. Felt very secure the whole time we were there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ann729
I hope that you had a great time at the concert you attended at the Pepsi Center! We are glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip and would love to have you stay with us again!