“Family stop before flighing out of Denver”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Carle Place, New York
“Family stop before flighing out of Denver”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We spent a week skiing and wanted to see Denver before heading home. Embassy Suites was a great pick. It is right around the corner from everything we wanted to see. An easy walk to the 16th St. Mall, Colorado Muesem and Coors Field. Although we were a week too early for the begining of baseball season there was still plenty to do right down the street from Coors Field. The hotel is directly across from the convention center which is great if that's what your in town for. The made to order breakfast was great along with the chef and staff that were very nice. Didn't get to use the pool, we were there on a weekday and it was empty when we saw it. Overall all a great place to stay and will be back next time I'm in the Denver area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I hope that you and your family enjoyed your ski trip to Denver recently! I'm glad that you had a great experience at our hotel as well! We would love to have you stay with us again on your next ski trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
wyoming
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went for the long weekend/break to see a show and do some shopping and had a great stay. The hotel is very nice inside and has lots of positives. I loved that you need your room key to access the elevator past the registration floor. It adds to the sense of security, especially if you are travelling with children. I also thought the valet parking was great, it was more expensive than the lot across the street but it was much more secure. The lot across the street is $20 and there is no security and no attendant. For just $11 more a night it is enclosed, secure and only attendants are allowed to access it, in fact when I sent my teenager to retrieve a pair of shoes they asked what we needed and they went and got them for us because they don't allow visitors to wander around in there. The free made to order breakfast and the complimentary cocktails and snacks in the evening were also a plus. Having a second tv and the extra living space makes a world of difference and was definitely a positive. We also walked nearly everywhere, the theatre, 16th St Mall, Larimer Square, very convenient. The only negative was the water pressure, at least in our shower, was annoying but for the value and other positives we just dealt with it. We will definitely stay there again!!

1 Thank annies0817
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I hope that you and your family had a nice weekend getaway in Denver! Our location is truly perfect for visiting downtown and seeing a show! We appreciate the feedback you provided for us and look forward to the next time you are in the Denver area!
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Staying at Embassy Suites Denver-Downtown/Convention Center was a convenient walk to the show I was attending at the convention center. It was a little odd that the main lobby doors on the first floor were closed off the entire time I was there so we had to walk out through the valet driveway, but it wasn't that much of an inconvenience (maybe an extra minute). The valet was very friendly every time I entered of exited. And they worked very hard to get my group of 7 a cab that could fit us all, or two cabs which we ended up taking.
The complimentary breakfast was very good. Omelets were cooked to order and the variety of offerings were satisfactory. The fridge in the room was nice to have for the left over milk and cereal that I kept as a late night snack. The evening reception was nice to have. The liquor is not top shelf (or even middle shelf) so the second night I opted for a beer which was much better. Typical bar snacks, chips, pretzels, but the veggies and hummus were quite good!
It seemed like there were a lot of kids/families staying at the hotel while I was there, which is fine but I found suprising. The room size certainly lends itself to accommodate families traveling together, but the hotel doesn't have much to offer other than the medium size indoor pool. Maybe I missed it, but I was really hoping for a hot tub (which I never saw but honestly didn't have time for on this trip anyways).
I was staying as part of a group, so the rate I received was less than what most guests probably paid. I'm not used to $155 per night midweek, but I guess that's what Denver goes for. I would definitely return to Embassy Suites the next time I need to stay near downtown Denver.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tickos
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your recent stay at our hotel! I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team and I look forward to having you stay with us in the near future!
Cool, CA
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We try to stay at Embassy Suites whenever we travel with certain friends. The rooms are always nice and the suite arrangement allows for different sleep/awake patterns for a couple. We like the breakfasts that are provided because the friends that we travel with often have dramatically different eating habits and morning schedules so the buffet helps everyone get started at their own pace and then meet together for the day's activities. It it surprising the varieties of buffet options are offered each morning. The counter staff has always been excellent and helpful -- no matter what time of the day or night.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BruinSeniorTraveler
We love hearing when our guest's choose to make Embassy Suites there new "home away from home"! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and we certainly value your feedback. Please make sure to come see us again soon!
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed March 31, 2013

For a quick get-away with the kids, we chose this hotel for it's location and reputation. It is lovely inside and the staff is very polite and helpful. The room showed a little wear and tear and had a slight musty odor which is highly unusual in Colorado. Otherwise it was clean. Unfortunately the occupants next to us were smoking in their (non-smoking) room, so you could smell smoke in the hall. They also had children yelling, running, banging and slamming doors till 11 pm. When we called, they addressed the noise immediately. The pool was a disappointment, very small and cloudy, but perhaps it was just a very busy weekend? The pool was PACKED and we couldn't stay for very long with out youngest due to the volume of children in the pool. There is no hot-tub which was also a disappointment.

Breakfast the next day was horrible! I truly think they were unprepared for the number of guests they had. They should be able to plan for that you'd think? There were no cups, but that was ok I guess because the juice machine put out only water. The eggs, bacon, etc., was completely cold. There was no fruit left and there was table after table stacked with dirty trays and plates and no staff to clean up.

Overall, you can't beat the location. We had a wonderful time exploring downtown, but overall the accommodations were not the best experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north-west side provide good views of Denver landmarks and the mountains.
1 Thank Cindy E
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review on TripAdvisor! I wanted to personally apologize for some of the issues you experienced during your stay with us! It is frustrating when one of our guest's chooses to smoke in one of our suites as it causes a lot of issues. Next time please feel free to let us know and we would be glad to move you to another room, while we speak to the room that is smoking. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team to use as a training tool! I hope you come visit us again, so you can experience the level of service that our hotel is known for!
colorado springs
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with the family this weekend and was not disapointed. Check in was great even when I made reservations and paid on line. Check out too, was no problem. Staff seemed to actually care and that goes along way. Rooms are just right for a family and the breakfast can not be beat. (busy and crowded, need another drink station, should open the bar for that) Was unable to partake in the managers reception but it looked great. Hotel is not that old but will need to be looked at closer soon. Maids need to start looking under and behind things, found a childs sock in room, while it all looks good a little more attention to the cleaning of room is needed. Make no mistake on the weekends this is a family hotel . Lots of kids in small pool every night my kids enjoyed themselves and had a great time. Walking distance to everything. No need to cry about the price of Valet parking, knew about that before I booked the room. Will be back.

1 Thank Coloradomurf
I hope that you and your family had a great Spring Break and we are thrilled you chose to spend it with us! I will be sure to share your review with our entire team and we would love to have you visit us again soon!
Why, Arizona
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I titled it needs some improvement because I think the service was sub par but it may be just the Denver way. I am from the south where service is served in a over the top polite way, do not expect that here. Rooms were nice. The pool is not heated so expect that. We really liked the location. If you are visiting Denver then it's perfect for "out of Towners" as everything is within walking distance. The infamous 16th street is 2 blocks over and we spent most of our time there. Do not be persuaded to use Valet, it's a ripoff. We parked in the lot across the street for 20 a day. Valet will charge you 33. Make sure you educate yourself on the RTD system if you plan on taking the train as it is very confusing. Overall we liked it, it wasn't perfect but you can't beat the breakfast buffet and the happy hour that's complimentary. Saves a lot with a family of 4.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Garnkids
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in being one of the top hotels in the Denver area. I wanted to apologize that your stay did not reflect this at all. I will be sure to follow up with our entire staff at the hotel and use your feedback as a training tool. Please feel free to contact me directly at Joe.Pilakowski@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com. Again I'm sorry this took place and I look forward to hearing from you!