Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Embassy Suites by definition are premium hotels, yet this one was disappointing in handling our convention crowd. We had no housekeeping in the room for 2 consecutive days. Breakfast buffet could not meet the volume of guests, running out of dishes,cutlery, food and juices. Bar restaurant could not handle our numbers in the evening, by staffing and availability of food, as convention participants needed late dinner options. Gift shop in lobby was almost bare of even the most essential items, sundries and candy. The 2 room suites were plain and fairly unattractive, living area was dark due to interior windows. The water pressure poor in the shower. Comfortable beds. The food offered at the manager's reception was sparse compared to other Embassy Suites I have been to in the past. Overall not wowed.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank cathytravels
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

I wanted to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your recent stay at our hotel! I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations with your stay. This is certainly not the standard that we expect at our hotel and I can assure you that we will share your comments with each department. Please contact me directly on your next trip to the Denver area and I would be glad to try to change your opinion.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,827)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My stay was for a conference in the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised with everything about the hotel. It was decorated well, vey clean and the service was excellent. Be sure to have the breakfast included with your room. Jeremiah runs a great kitchen, Tommy Knocker makes great omelets and Aisha is there to make sure the dining room is perfect at all times. Kerry down in the bar ensures you are never thirsty. The workout facility was also well-equipped. Keep up the good work!

1  Thank delacernan
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

We pride ourselves on excellent customer service, so I am pleased to hear our hotel exceeded your expectations! I will be sure to share your review with our entire staff and we are looking forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Check in and out were seamless and the valet staff was always friendly and attentive. In many ways, this is the best Embassy Suites at which I've stayed.

Love the breakfast and afternoon receptions. Weekends can get busy in the breakfast area, so if you can get down there early, you might miss the lines. The breakfast area also seems a little inefficient...plates are on one side, in one place only...meaning that if you stand in line for an omelet without a plate, you may lose your place in line. Omelets to order are the best bet. Finally a glass of oj was spilled on my chair by one of the DR attendants while I was up. Good thing I looked, because the chair was soaked and pushed in.

Don't forget to take your room key with you if you use the elevator. You CANNOT get to your floor without it (although you can take the stairs). This is day or night.

Location is great. About a six block walk to the Denver Art Museum and to Larimer Street. Shopping is close and the convention center is right across the street. Decent downtown restaurants are within easy walking distance. Always felt safe.

Room Tip: Rooms that surround the Atrium can get a little noisy, but you don't really hear it in the bedro...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mjt1111
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we certainly love to hear all of the wonderful comments about our staff! We take great pride in being one of the top hotels in the Denver area. Please make sure to come visit us again soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Embassy Suites is nearly brand new (2 years old; is a construction site in Google's street view) and it was thoughtfully designed. It's perfectly situated, located across the street from the convention centre entrance and the big blue bear - no hotel is closer. Truly one of the best-decorated lobbies I've seen, with floor-to-ceiling windows, a two-storey water feature, ponds, uplit birch trunks as a decorative feature, and huge comfy chairs in cocktail groupings. The business centre, pool, and fitness room are near Registration in the lobby, which feels safer/more secure (note that the lobby is the 4th floor; street level is 1st floor – also, access to guest room levels require a key card in the elevator).

The included breakfast buffet (made-to-order omelettes, french toast, pancakes, potatoes, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, breads, pastries) means that you can quickly grab a meal before you day begins. The manager's reception (5:30-7:30) means you can end your day with wine/beer/spirits and some munchies, hanging out in the gorgeous lobby (all food is provided off the lobby).

The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, with Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, and single-serve coffee or tea. Windows do open, though you can then hear the trolley bells quite loudly! Note that there are no robes provided. This is a Silver LEED hotel, meaning it's very energy efficient, so some room lights will take a while to get to full brightness, and the shower flow is weak.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review about your recent stay with us! We are glad that you loved our hotel so much and we agree that we are lucky to work for such a beautiful hotel! I hope that you will come visit us sooner rather than later!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

North Metro chorus from Toronto, Ontario stayed at the Embassy Suites for our recent International Competition and it was first rate from start to finish. The service of all staff was excellent, Maria our housekeeping gal was amazing as was Tommy our omelet chef! I do not remember staying at a quieter hotel which I am sure is supported by the layout. Love the atrium feel, the full breakfast and the managers reception though we didn't get to take advantage of it often! I will look for Embassy Suites in the future for sure!

Room Tip: We were in a room ending in 29 and loved the location!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

We are so happy that you chose to stay at our hotel all the way from Ontario, Canada. We certainly appreciate the comments about our staff, as this is something we take pride in! I hope you had a safe trip back home and please come see us again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had the pleasure of visiting Denver for the Sweet Adeline International Competition. The staff at this hotel really put our visit over the top. Everyone, from the housekeeping staff, the dining room staff, and the front desk were wonderful. Always ready with a smile and pleasant attitude, it was fabulous! Thanks Jeremiah!

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay on TripAdvisor! I will be sure to share your comments with Jeremiah as well. I hope that you had fun with the Sweet Adelines and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have always enjoyed staying at Embassy Suites Hotels, but honestly I have never put ES at the top of my list. (I'm typically a Hyatt type.) But this stay at Embassy Suites in Denver has converted me. I will always seek out an Embassy Suite in the future.

The hotel was beautiful, comfortable and convenient--all that was outstanding. But the highlight of the stay was Tommy, the young man who makes omelets in the morning. People like him--who put so much more into what could be a fairly mundane job--deserve special recognition. Rather than dread waiting for my omelet, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to Tommy as he cooked. And he did this with everybody--asking them where they are from, etc. Just a delightful young man.

Beyond Tommy, all the staff who worked during the Manager's Reception and who staffed the bar in the evening, were all outstanding. These folks who come to work every day for not-great wages are a tremendous asset to Embassy Suites in general (you have my business), and this hotel in particular. This is usually a sign of compassionate and skillful management. Kudos all around.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

I'm glad that you experienced a great stay at our hotel! Tommy is a great asset to our team and we are lucky to have him. We would love to make the Embassy Suites your new "home away from home". Please contact me directly on your next trip to Denver and it would be my pleasure to assist you with reservations!