“Perfect hotel for a conference stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Embassy Suites is nearly brand new (2 years old; is a construction site in Google's street view) and it was thoughtfully designed. It's perfectly situated, located across the street from the convention centre entrance and the big blue bear - no hotel is closer. Truly one of the best-decorated lobbies I've seen, with floor-to-ceiling windows, a two-storey water feature, ponds, uplit birch trunks as a decorative feature, and huge comfy chairs in cocktail groupings. The business centre, pool, and fitness room are near Registration in the lobby, which feels safer/more secure (note that the lobby is the 4th floor; street level is 1st floor – also, access to guest room levels require a key card in the elevator).

The included breakfast buffet (made-to-order omelettes, french toast, pancakes, potatoes, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, breads, pastries) means that you can quickly grab a meal before you day begins. The manager's reception (5:30-7:30) means you can end your day with wine/beer/spirits and some munchies, hanging out in the gorgeous lobby (all food is provided off the lobby).

The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, with Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, and single-serve coffee or tea. Windows do open, though you can then hear the trolley bells quite loudly! Note that there are no robes provided. This is a Silver LEED hotel, meaning it's very energy efficient, so some room lights will take a while to get to full brightness, and the shower flow is weak.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review about your recent stay with us! We are glad that you loved our hotel so much and we agree that we are lucky to work for such a beautiful hotel! I hope that you will come visit us sooner rather than later!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,855)

Reviewed November 10, 2012

North Metro chorus from Toronto, Ontario stayed at the Embassy Suites for our recent International Competition and it was first rate from start to finish. The service of all staff was excellent, Maria our housekeeping gal was amazing as was Tommy our omelet chef! I do not remember staying at a quieter hotel which I am sure is supported by the layout. Love the atrium feel, the full breakfast and the managers reception though we didn't get to take advantage of it often! I will look for Embassy Suites in the future for sure!

Room Tip: We were in a room ending in 29 and loved the location!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

We are so happy that you chose to stay at our hotel all the way from Ontario, Canada. We certainly appreciate the comments about our staff, as this is something we take pride in! I hope you had a safe trip back home and please come see us again soon!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had the pleasure of visiting Denver for the Sweet Adeline International Competition. The staff at this hotel really put our visit over the top. Everyone, from the housekeeping staff, the dining room staff, and the front desk were wonderful. Always ready with a smile and pleasant attitude, it was fabulous! Thanks Jeremiah!

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay on TripAdvisor! I will be sure to share your comments with Jeremiah as well. I hope that you had fun with the Sweet Adelines and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have always enjoyed staying at Embassy Suites Hotels, but honestly I have never put ES at the top of my list. (I'm typically a Hyatt type.) But this stay at Embassy Suites in Denver has converted me. I will always seek out an Embassy Suite in the future.

The hotel was beautiful, comfortable and convenient--all that was outstanding. But the highlight of the stay was Tommy, the young man who makes omelets in the morning. People like him--who put so much more into what could be a fairly mundane job--deserve special recognition. Rather than dread waiting for my omelet, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to Tommy as he cooked. And he did this with everybody--asking them where they are from, etc. Just a delightful young man.

Beyond Tommy, all the staff who worked during the Manager's Reception and who staffed the bar in the evening, were all outstanding. These folks who come to work every day for not-great wages are a tremendous asset to Embassy Suites in general (you have my business), and this hotel in particular. This is usually a sign of compassionate and skillful management. Kudos all around.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

I'm glad that you experienced a great stay at our hotel! Tommy is a great asset to our team and we are lucky to have him. We would love to make the Embassy Suites your new "home away from home". Please contact me directly on your next trip to Denver and it would be my pleasure to assist you with reservations!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Other reviews have this as outstanding, but I'm not sure I would go that far. The room was nice, and of course it was a suite because that is what is expected here. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge. The bed and shower were decent. They pride themselves on the "managers reception" and free breakfast (both of which you pay for in the rate), but the drinks in the evening were so bad I couldn't drink them and itfelt like you were in a cattle pen to get those drinks, and the breakfast was pretty bad (horrible juice and bacon that seemed pre-fab). Even though the hotel is new, the couch in our room was stained. The exercise room was nice but the indoor pool was too small to swim laps. Overall, it felt like more of a downscale convention hotel and I think other nearby hotels may have been better for the price. Also, the walls are thin. We could hear the trains outside every time they came by, and we could hear our neighbors toilet and shower.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on a higher floor because of the traffic noise.
1  Thank Travel_Buff_BL

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor! We certainly value your feedback and will use it as a training tool for our staff moving forward. I will be sure to share your comments with all of our departments. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the last week of October and first week of November 2012 for the Sweet Adelines Convention. The hotel was clean and very modern. The rooms were spacious and I loved that all the rooms looked down into the atrium. The all-you-can-eat breakfast was spectacular! Tommy made the best omelet I've ever tasted. He even came to watch the contest! The staff was incredibly friendly - especially the valets. We used Abdul to pick us up and drop us off at the airport. He was very knowledgeable, polite, timely and friendly! The happy hours were a wonderful treat - even though they ran out of red wine :) Our room faced 16th Avenue and it was quite noisy....good thing I brought ear plugs. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to everyone!!

Room Tip: Don't ask for rooms that face 16th Avenue....very noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for all of the kind comments you had about our hotel! I'm glad that Tommy was able to make it out to the contest, as I heard it was an amazing show. We were excited to have you stay with us and look forward to the next trip!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days during a Sweet Adeline convention just last week. The hotel facilities were very clean and new, with amazingly comfortable beds and pillows. The livingrooms allowed extra space to relax. Included were a free breakfast and happy hour. Both were quite enjoyable including the omelets cooked by Tommy (as well as others). I have never had such a great breakfast... particularly since it was included in the price. All staff were pleasant from the valet people who welcomed us every time we arrived, to the front desk who willingly and quickly responded to our requests. (And no line-ups either.) I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning. It is also in a great location close to the 16th street mall and convention centre.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

We had such a great time hosting the Sweet Adelines at our hotel! I hope that you placed well in the competition as well. We certainly appreciate the wonderful comments you shared and look forward to having the Sweet Adelines stay with us again soon!