“Sweet Adelines International Competition - Nov.2012”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Holland Landing, Ontario, Canada
“Sweet Adelines International Competition - Nov.2012”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

North Metro chorus from Toronto, Ontario stayed at the Embassy Suites for our recent International Competition and it was first rate from start to finish. The service of all staff was excellent, Maria our housekeeping gal was amazing as was Tommy our omelet chef! I do not remember staying at a quieter hotel which I am sure is supported by the layout. Love the atrium feel, the full breakfast and the managers reception though we didn't get to take advantage of it often! I will look for Embassy Suites in the future for sure!

Room Tip: We were in a room ending in 29 and loved the location!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We are so happy that you chose to stay at our hotel all the way from Ontario, Canada. We certainly appreciate the comments about our staff, as this is something we take pride in! I hope you had a safe trip back home and please come see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had the pleasure of visiting Denver for the Sweet Adeline International Competition. The staff at this hotel really put our visit over the top. Everyone, from the housekeeping staff, the dining room staff, and the front desk were wonderful. Always ready with a smile and pleasant attitude, it was fabulous! Thanks Jeremiah!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay on TripAdvisor! I will be sure to share your comments with Jeremiah as well. I hope that you had fun with the Sweet Adelines and we hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have always enjoyed staying at Embassy Suites Hotels, but honestly I have never put ES at the top of my list. (I'm typically a Hyatt type.) But this stay at Embassy Suites in Denver has converted me. I will always seek out an Embassy Suite in the future.

The hotel was beautiful, comfortable and convenient--all that was outstanding. But the highlight of the stay was Tommy, the young man who makes omelets in the morning. People like him--who put so much more into what could be a fairly mundane job--deserve special recognition. Rather than dread waiting for my omelet, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to Tommy as he cooked. And he did this with everybody--asking them where they are from, etc. Just a delightful young man.

Beyond Tommy, all the staff who worked during the Manager's Reception and who staffed the bar in the evening, were all outstanding. These folks who come to work every day for not-great wages are a tremendous asset to Embassy Suites in general (you have my business), and this hotel in particular. This is usually a sign of compassionate and skillful management. Kudos all around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I'm glad that you experienced a great stay at our hotel! Tommy is a great asset to our team and we are lucky to have him. We would love to make the Embassy Suites your new "home away from home". Please contact me directly on your next trip to Denver and it would be my pleasure to assist you with reservations!
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Other reviews have this as outstanding, but I'm not sure I would go that far. The room was nice, and of course it was a suite because that is what is expected here. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge. The bed and shower were decent. They pride themselves on the "managers reception" and free breakfast (both of which you pay for in the rate), but the drinks in the evening were so bad I couldn't drink them and itfelt like you were in a cattle pen to get those drinks, and the breakfast was pretty bad (horrible juice and bacon that seemed pre-fab). Even though the hotel is new, the couch in our room was stained. The exercise room was nice but the indoor pool was too small to swim laps. Overall, it felt like more of a downscale convention hotel and I think other nearby hotels may have been better for the price. Also, the walls are thin. We could hear the trains outside every time they came by, and we could hear our neighbors toilet and shower.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on a higher floor because of the traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel_Buff_BL
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor! We certainly value your feedback and will use it as a training tool for our staff moving forward. I will be sure to share your comments with all of our departments. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the last week of October and first week of November 2012 for the Sweet Adelines Convention. The hotel was clean and very modern. The rooms were spacious and I loved that all the rooms looked down into the atrium. The all-you-can-eat breakfast was spectacular! Tommy made the best omelet I've ever tasted. He even came to watch the contest! The staff was incredibly friendly - especially the valets. We used Abdul to pick us up and drop us off at the airport. He was very knowledgeable, polite, timely and friendly! The happy hours were a wonderful treat - even though they ran out of red wine :) Our room faced 16th Avenue and it was quite noisy....good thing I brought ear plugs. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to everyone!!

Room Tip: Don't ask for rooms that face 16th Avenue....very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for all of the kind comments you had about our hotel! I'm glad that Tommy was able to make it out to the contest, as I heard it was an amazing show. We were excited to have you stay with us and look forward to the next trip!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 10 days during a Sweet Adeline convention just last week. The hotel facilities were very clean and new, with amazingly comfortable beds and pillows. The livingrooms allowed extra space to relax. Included were a free breakfast and happy hour. Both were quite enjoyable including the omelets cooked by Tommy (as well as others). I have never had such a great breakfast... particularly since it was included in the price. All staff were pleasant from the valet people who welcomed us every time we arrived, to the front desk who willingly and quickly responded to our requests. (And no line-ups either.) I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning. It is also in a great location close to the 16th street mall and convention centre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
We had such a great time hosting the Sweet Adelines at our hotel! I hope that you placed well in the competition as well. We certainly appreciate the wonderful comments you shared and look forward to having the Sweet Adelines stay with us again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I thought the hotel was fabulous for our convention--the layout of the suite, the wonderful service and attention, the manager's happy hour and the breakfast buffet. It's beautifully decorated and appointed too. I do recommend installing a hot tub in the pool area though.
One employee, "Josh" who is a valet, gave us fabulous service. We had a problem with a town car driver who stranded a group of us out of town and when we reported it to him he actually contacted the owner of the car service, "Yofta", who also offered us exemplary service once he knew our story. Josh went way beyond the call of duty and provided wonderful damage control, compassion, understanding and professionalism. I wish everyone in customer service was as caring as he is. Thank you Josh, and Embassy Suites--you are lucky to have someone like him on staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for providing us with wonderful comments about your recent experience at our hotel! I'm glad that Josh was able to assist you during your stay and I will be sure to pass all the comments you shared with him. Please don't be a stranger and come visit us again soon!