“Don't stay ANYWHERE else!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #19 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Don't stay ANYWHERE else!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

This was by far the BEST hotel stay for me ever! This was the first time I've ever stayed at an Embassy Suites Hotel and will Most definitely stay again! They provided me with a fan for my room, not because of the temperature, but because I am used to the noise and air movement when I sleep (I've never had this from any other hotel). Also, the Managers Happy Hour (free drinks!) was awesome! momma's (the lady making drinks) special was delicious. And last but not least, the free breakfast was unlike any other!!! From the fresh to order, cooked right in front of you omelet station/ French toast/ waffles, to the bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, GRITS, and more. There wasn't anything else I could have asked for from this hotel stay. I've recommended this place to all friends and family, and will find a review place on the Internet to spread the word about this wonderful hotel that all other hotels should model themselves after. One last thing...the very next night I stayed in downtown Denver's Grand Hyatt and hated everything about it after my stay in Embassy Suites! You guys put them to shame and I paid twice as much to stay there and got nothing but a pool. No hot tub, no free breakfast of any kind, no free Internet, I even had to pay ($28) to park there! Thanks for the great stay Embassy Suites!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Leeanna67
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thank you very much for review on TripAdvisor, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your wonderful experience at our hotel. We hope to see you in the future and please feel free to contact me upon your return I would love to meet you!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Definite areas needing improvement:
Upon arrival at the hotel on a Monday, we advised the valet staff that our windshield had been damaged prior to our arrival and we discussed the best days of the week we were staying there to have it replaced. We updated the valet staff on Tuesday that the appointment had been scheduled for Thursday and we were assured they would pull the vehicle up for the technicians to perform the work. On Thursday, the valet staff denied access to my vehicle stating they did not have authorization to release it for repair. Upon learning this late Thursday afternoon, I again gave authorization for the repair work now scheduled for Saturday. On Saturday morning, I reminded the valet staff that the appointment had been made and that I authorized them to make my vehicle available for the work to be performed. After all of this, I was greeted with a poor attitude by the valet staff who indicated "Yes, there's a big note back there to tell us it's OK".

Our pre-arrival request for an extra towel in the room was never filled.

A wire on the side of the hide-a-bed was disconnected and bent, leaving it poking out and causing a hazard when the bed was unfolded.

The pool was closed one of the days we were there due to extreme temperature and a problem with their chemicals. It was reopened by hotel cleaning personnel without checking with anyone else and when we inquired at the front desk, the pool was again closed. It seems they do not communicate the status of their pool to their cleaning staff who reopened the pool when it was still unsafe for entry.

The layout of the buttons in the elevators is different depending on which elevator you enter. This makes it a little complicated to easily to locate the appropriate button for your floor.

The table leg in our room came apart when we moved the table to adjust for the bed to unfold.

There were only two trashcans for the two rooms and bathroom.

We pulled the sheets off of the bed one morning to indicate a sheet change was needed. The staff simply re-tucked the sheets and did not change them. That afternoon, we notified the front desk that we needed the sheets changed. Four hours later, I walked to the front desk to request the sheets be changed as we had still not heard from anyone. Approximately three hours later, I again went to he front desk as the sheets had not been changed and local time was now 9:30 at night.

My credit card was never charged after our stay. I called in to speak to them about this and waited on hold for 50 minutes. A poor attitude almost had me hanging up, but I endured their inconvenience to speak to a customer to explain the charge had not been applied to my card. I was told that further investigation would be done and they would contact me if they needed anything further. After waiting almost three weeks, I noticed the charge had been applied to my card with no notice or other communication from the hotel.

Positives:
The hotel provides a recycling can in the room.

The fitness equipment in the hotel is updated and well stocked.

Room Tip: Rooms 719-731 are preferred as they open to the area over the front desk instead of the atrium over...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MinimalTravels
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in being one of the top hotels in the Denver area. I wanted to apologize that your stay did not reflect this at all. I will be sure to follow up with our entire staff at the hotel and use your feedback as a training tool. I have personally messaged you to discuss this with you further. Again I'm sorry this took place and I look forward to hearing from you!
Colorado
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Overall very good. We have stayed at other locations in Denver and always very nice hotels. The only thing that really made this stay less than perfect was service when requesting additional blankets as it took 45 mins to get. Rooms very nice but did not seem as roomy as other locations.

• Stayed September 2012
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for providing us with a great review about our hotel! I will be sure to use your feedback as a training tool for our staff. Please come visit us again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a work related conference at the Convention Center. The hotel was right across from the conference and had great service. Breakfast and drinks were awesome. I will stay here again for sure!

• Stayed October 2012
We wanted to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel during your conference. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Cape Cod
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just stayed at this Embassy Suites. Every aspect was first rate. The rooms, the staff, the breakfast and the daily evening cocktail hour. I highly reccomend it. If you are going to meeting at the convention center, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Only down side was ... no hot tub in the spa.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for providing us with excellent feedback from your recent stay! When attending an event at the convention center our hotel's location is truly hard to beat. I hope we see you again soon!
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Think you know what Embassy Suites is all About? Think again. This hotel is very upscale in appearance. The location is a dream! The staff is all top notch, from the front desk to hospitality and housekeeping all were super friendly and professional.

• Stayed October 2012
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
I'm glad that you had a great stay at our hotel! We appreciate the comments you had about our staff and I will be sure to pass them along! I hope you come stay with us again soon!
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2012

While the property is pricey, and they do charge $29 for valet parking, this is a very nice property in a great location just off the 16th street mall area in Denver. The staff is very friendly and hospitable, and very service-oriented. The valets were wonderful, and the bellman brought our luggage up very quickly, brought it into the room and then he went and got us ice in the ice bucket, all with a smile. Common areas are spotless and nicely decorated. Nice view from the common areas. There is a free manager's reception in the evening with snacks and unlimited beer, wine, and mixed drinks. And a full breakfast with made-to-order omelets and other hot food, fruit, etc. The room is a large roomy suite. We had a very comfy King bed, with really comfy luxe bedding. Nice big bathroom with tub and shower. Room was very clean. I would have liked a little better rate, even though I got a reduced rate of $180 - but add in the $29 valet (which does include all in-and-out privileges.

Room Tip: The higher floors will have a better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I'm glad you had a great stay at our hotel and we appreciate the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon!