“Husband/wife getaway :))”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We arrived at the hotel on a Friday night around 7pm, and our room was selected for us on the 14th floor at the end of the hall (nice private unit)! The room was very nice for the 4 nights that we would be there! Two awesome televisions in the living room/bedroom, nice all around with all of the room! The breakfast was amazing, and a Starbucks right next door! The hotel is situated near public transit, and all major downtown attractions/shopping are within walking distance! This hotel would be ideal for a family trip, or business, or even a romantic getaway1 Overall I would give the hotel an A+ rating! We will be returning soon :))

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KH78
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2012

I'm glad that you and your husband decided to spend this special weekend with us! I would agree that our location is right in the heart of Downtown Denver, surrounded by many great attractions. Hopefully we see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Made a reservation and very excited to stay here.
Very nice staff with answers to many questions....Big convention center
A bit shocked to see the price on the hotel parking.....wondering if there are other options nearby that I can afford.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ColoFam

We look forward to having you stay with us. Parking is at a premium downtown and our valet is priced competitively with other hotels in the area. There are other lots close by that offer 12 hour rates, but their rates do change everyday. Our hotel does however offer a parking package which includes the valet in the cost of the room. You can contact me directly if you have any further questions. We will see you soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

My family and I have been traveling to Breckenridge, CO via Denver for many years. Last year, the Embassy Suites Denver-Downtown Convention Center opened which is located in the heart of downtown! It is so close to the 16th Street mall and the trolley bus that takes you up and down the mall to all of the stores, restraunts, and entertainment places located along the mall (for free I might add)! The Embassy Suites is the BEST place to stay as you get so much for your money. Not only do you get great service, a clean beautiful room with a living area, but you also get to take part in an evening manager's special and full breakfast for no additional cost! I cannot say enough about the facility. My husband and grown children also love the Embassy Suites.

If I could request anything I would request some of the rooms be designated as "pet friendly" so I would be able to take my two toy american eskimo dogs. I know this is a business hotel but there are other Embassy Suites that do allow pets, with certain restrictions, and I always take them with me when I visit there. This summer I will be heading to Denver for 10 days but will not be able to stay at this establishment because I will have my two pets with me (12 pounds each). If they were not coming along, I would already have booked my reservations for two rooms at this hotel because I truely love it!

Room Tip: If you love comedy, get online ahead of time to check out Comedy Works. They have some great commed...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

I hope that you and your family had a great trip up to Breckenridge. I apologize about us not being able to accomodate pets at our hotel. I hope that you will still be able to stay with us anyway. We appreciate all the wonderful comments about our hotel you mentioned and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I stayed for a week-long business trip and my wife traveled with me, working from through the internet during the day. I was working out of the DT area and needed to drive daily.
The good:
- The location is excellent for walking and is easy to get to from the interstate
- Brian and Tommy (I think) the omelet chefs were happy and chipper, no matter how early I was there
- When the room wasn't cleaned on the first day, the operations manager took care of the issue and the housekeeping manager apologized to my wife. The rest of the trip the room was clean
- My wife enjoyed the manager's reception and told me they made excellent drinks
- The internet connection was very fast
- The valets were very friendly and greeted us every time we left and returned, whether we were driving or not.

The not-as-good:
- The internet seemed to kick out when both of us were on at the same time, this has been a problem of most hotels though.
- Some days when I called ahead to have the valet bring the car up, the valets had not received the message and I did have to wait.
- I don't know if the climate control was actually controlling. It never seemed to turn itself off.

Room Tip: Request a room # xx31 for a bit larger room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate all the wonderful comments about our staff. I'm glad that you and your wife were able to take advantage of some of our amenities. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

We finally stayed at Embassy Suites, Downtown Denver. We have stayed in downtown many times, but missed this gem. The Breakfast is fantastic. It is close to Light Rail, Bus Stops and the 16th Street Mall Shuttle. Rooms (suites)are spacious, clean, modern. Nice big TV's. Nice small swimming pool. Everyone on staff was professional, enthusiastic and helpful. Especially our housekeeper, Rosemary and Breakfast Attendant J-Rand. We will make it a point to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rick-Aurora
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

I'm thrilled you and your family finally decided to give our hotel a try. We offer so many amenities that we are hard to beat. I will make sure to pass your comments along to my staff, and we all are looking forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Right in the middle of everything, close to 16th street, pedestrian mall. Friendly staff, hot breakfast included. Rooms are big and clean. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Mountains view rooms are noisy, because of train.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting this review on TripAdvisor for our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

The price is great for a suite at this location in Denver. I loved having the extra space--furnishings and amenities were wonderful. Just a few blocks from the DCPA, across the street from the Convention Center, and just off of 16th Street. The complimentary breakfast is awesome--delicious omelets prepared by a personable chef, along with numerous other hot and cold options. We missed the Manager's Reception, but plan to hit it up next time. Will definitely consider this hotel for my next trip to Denver.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for posting all the wonderful comments about our hotel, and what a great location we have being close to so many attractions. Hopefully next time you are able to take advantage of our complimentary manager's reception. Please come see us again soon.