Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This hotel is conveniently located directly across the street from the Convention Center in downtown Denver. Rooms were attractive and spacious. Our king suite room was equipped with a small fridge and microwave along with a flat screen tv in both the living and bedroom areas. Breakfast options were great - from oatmeal and fresh fruit to made to order omelettes - surely all who visit can find something to their liking.

I have to compliment the valet staff who greeted us as we arrived and were very helpful throughout our 4 night stay. Even the staff who worked the breakfast area were quick to help and one staff inquired as to whether or not we were enjoying our stay. Great customer service all around.
If you are not fond of hotel coffee Starbucks is right outside the door - another nice perk!
The 16th street mall is only a two block walk away. Many, many places to eat there as well as a couple of drug stores close by.

1  Thank CentralFLBookLover
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

I appreciate the great review you posted about our hotel. I will make sure to pass along your comments to my valet and the rest of our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near furture.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

Beds were very comfortable (and I am super picky about beds). Food was great and worth the price. Waiter was awesome. The Leed thing is great-even their cleaning supplies are eco friendly. I will be back next time I am downtime.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mosqrd

Thank you for writing such a great review of our hotel. We take a lot of pride in all of our ammenities here at the hotel, including our bedding in the suites. I hope to see you again in the very near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

Newer LEEDS certified Embassy Suites. Great location easy (across the street) access to the convention center. Staff was very helpful, we got to check in early which was a huge plus as my wife wasn't feeling well. The evening reception was a normal Embassy reception and the breakfast as always was outstanding. Nice decor great view and surprisingly quiet. Only complaint it as per typical Embassy the A/C dosen't reach the front half of the suite.
Oops one more. Since they are so expensive to begin with why not raise the rate by $5.00 and cover the cost of the internet rather than ticking off the business people by making them pay $10.00 for internet service. Seems like they would make a lot more money and not tick us off!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

I appreciate the excellent review of our hotel! We are very proud to be certified as a LEED hotel and we look forward to finding new ways to better the environment. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I spend two nights a the Embassy Suites Denver-Downtown and while the hotel facility was great, it was the staff that made the difference. From the bellman who checked my bag after an early morning arrival so I could go straight to a conference meeting, to the desk clerk who sent me a text message when my room was ready, to the clerk who made confirming my shuttle reservation and printing my boarding pass painless, it was a great stay. Add this to an exemplary breakfast and a great room with a view of the mountains, it will be my go to hotel for my next trip to Denver

1  Thank dhoemann_11

Thank you so much for the excellent review of our hotel. I appreciate all the excellent comments you posted about our staff, and will make sure that they get passed along. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

After an awful stay at Kimpton's Hotel Monaco in Denver, I sought out the Embassy Suites as an alternative. I'm SOOO glad I did, because not only did I save money but I actually liked the hotel and their customer service MUCH better! I've chosen this location a few times recently and I've really enjoyed the stays. The hotel is relatively new so the condition of the rooms is pretty good. The breakfast is EXCELLENT and unbelievable for the price! The happy hour leaves a bit to be desired (popcorn??) but that's a minor thing for me. This hotel hits it on all major considerations: cleanliness/condition of rooms, bed comfort, ease of reservations, friendliness of staff/customer service and billing/rates. No complaints -GREAT job, Hilton!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thanks for all the excellent comments you shared about our hotel. We hope that our hotel will become your new "home away from home". We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed here for just one night because I was attending a business meeting in the hotel. It's perfectly located two blocks from the 16th street mall. The hotel is beautiful with a wonderful lobby area and atrium. I had lunch in the restaurant and had a terrific, reasonably priced, caesar salad. The complimentary breakfast was very good too. Staff was friendly and attentive for the most part and we really appreciated the opportunity to check in early.

Our room was very nice and similar to other Embassy Suites, but the layout of the hotel is a little different. The lobby is on the 4th floor and the meeting rooms are on floors 2 and 3. The first floor is basically an entry point with a desk that appeared unstaffed when we were there.

The only weird thing that happened that I really did not care for was some sort of problem with the elevators. The staff was never clear about what was happening, but the elevators weren't working for quite a while and we were stuck on the first floor. There was no way to even climb the stairs to the 4th floor to wait until they began working again (we were staying on the 14th floor) because the doors were locked and no one seemed to know how to unlock them - or even where the stairs were. It was really odd. Emergency personnel were wandering around the first floor area looking for the stairs!

I tried to get some information (so we'd know how long we were going to have to wait), but it was very difficult to communicate with the staff. There were bellmen and valets nearby, but they didn't know a thing and when I used the phone at the unstaffed desk, I kept getting passed to different people with no answers. I finally found someone who appeared to be a manager and he simply said that the stairs were unaccessible "to keep homeless people out." He seemed really indifferent to the situation and even appeared annoyed that I was asking.

Anyway, it really is a very nice place and perfectly located, but the elevator situation made me very uncomfortable.

1  Thank rbr0wn

I appreciate the review about our property. I wanted to apologize about the issues with our guest elevators. We have implemented some new procedures on how to improve the way these situations are handled going forward. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights with Family over the Labor day weekend.
Was really impressed with the location of this hotel a short 5 minute walk to the 16th street mall.
Hotel lobby is on 4th floor and was puzzled by this intially. On entering the lobby we were all pleasantly surprised by the design and feel of it. Huge glass walls, internal courtyard and a real attention to detail.
Our suite was spotlessly clean, with a living room area with flat screen and desk, a wet bar with microwave and fridge opposite the also spotless bathroom. And a large enough bedroom with tv, 2 queen beds and dressing table area.
Breakfast on the 1st day was extremely busy. But there is a large selection and a chef ready to make any sort of egg dish of your choice.

Only downside is the noise of the light rails right outside the hotel on 3 sides. Can get very noisy up until 10pm

Will still use this hotel on any return trips to Denver.

Starbucks is also next door to the main entrance of the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for the fantastic review of our hotel, and the pictures you attached along with it. We look forward to serving you and your family in the near future.