“Clean bright and classy”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 158 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Great new embassy suites. Service staff excellent. Good food and happy hour.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank sagekat
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2011

Thank you for the review!

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We liked the newness of the property, clean rooms and comfy beds. The free breakfast was good and the omelette guy Brian did a great job! He was very fast and friendly. We checked out on Sunday Aug. 7th and I left my Ipod in the room safe, I unlocked the safe but forget to grab the Ipod. We were almost home when I remembered so I called the hotel , I explained the situation to the woman that answered and she told me I would have to call the executive housekeeper and let her know, she then checked the computer to see if the room had been cleaned yet, she told me it had not been cleaned yet, I asked her if it was possible to have somebody go to the room and retrieve the Ipod and she kind of snickered and told me 256 checked out this morning , so it was too busy and I would just have to wait for housekeeping to call me back. I decided to call back and I asked for the mananger on duty, the gentleman said he was the manager on duty, I then explained the situation to him. He was very helpful and said he would go to the room and get the Ipod, he told me he would call me back in 15 minutes and he did! He found my Ipod and asked if I would like him to FedEx it to me. I was so thankful and relieved as the Ipod was a Christmas present from husband. I can not remember his name (sorry!!!) but I would like to thank him for going the extra mile for me!!! We will definitely be back !!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Joan M

We appreciate your recent stay! I am very glad we were able to find your Ipod and get it back to you promptly. I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

What would have been an excellent hotel experience turned into a horrible one due to the parking service contracted by the Embassy Suites in Downtown Denver. We arrived at the hotel on a Saturday afternoon about 4pm, shortly after check-in, so of course it was busy. The valet drivers were literally running back and forth taking and parking cars and seemed very rushed in their approach of customers. We got out of the car, tried to take luggage out of the trunk, only to be informed by a driver that "this is a 4-star hotel" and we do not allow our customers to handle their own luggage. The driver then ran off. After waiting for someone to then do that for us and having nothing happen, my husband proceeded to get his own luggage carrier and load our luggage. Someone ran over to help him and let us know our luggage would be brought up to us. The next day, Sunday, when we tried to retrieve our car, the valet driver sheepishly handed our car keys to my husband and informed us that they coudn't get our car started. When my husband went to check out the car, it started fine, but wouldn't budge out of park. We later confirmed after having the car towed for repairs that the gear shift had been broken. In the meantime, we then were left completely alone. No one offered any help or any advice as to where to call for repairs considering we were tourists and unfamiliar with the area. The valet drivers didn't even inform their own manager until we complained to another shift of drivers Sunday night. That's when we found out the valet parking wasn't even part of the hotel. It was contracted out. We assumed the valet service was part of the hotel and hotel management would be notified of our problem, but the hotel didn't find out anything about what had happened until late Monday morning when my husband informed them. In the meantime, on Sunday, my husband tried to figure out on his own what was wrong with the car with my 11-year old son in tow who noticed how reckless the valet drivers were. Essentially they were racing around corners, then throwing the cars into reverse to back them into parking slots, then throwing the cars into park before the cars even came to a complete stop. They then jumped out and ran to grab another car. We hvae stayed at Embassy Suites for more than 20 years and have always been able to park our own car, so the valet parking service, while it is understandable in the downtown area, is a huge weakness on this hotel's part. The hotel itself was beautiful but our stay was completely marred by this experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Sherri H

We appreciate the feedback from your recent stay. It sounds like everything was perfect and then the whole experience was overshadowed by my valet team. I have addressed your experience with them so we can learn from the experience. If your travels bring you back to Denver please contact me directly; we would love to show you our true hospitality!

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Great location just steps away from the 16th street mall. Suite set up was exceptional. Room, including bathroom, was very clean, modern and up to date. Service was great. All staff we encountered were extremely friendly especially the valets. Breakfast was above expectations. Only thing that would have made the stay better would be the addition of a hot tub to the pool area. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay with us as well as your exceptional review! I am very proud of our staff here and I will pass along your kind words. See you back soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I recently spent a night at this Downtown Denver property and was very happy with the hotel and service. First the pros: very friendly clerks who went out of their way to provide great recommendations and directions. The rooms was a great size and clean. The bathroom was newer and spotless. The location is terrific, two blocks from 16th Street, which is close enough, but just far enough away to be quiet. The breakfast was MUCH better than other Embassy Suites I have visited, and everything was delicious.
The cons: the only parking option is very expensive valet. There was also a slight odor in the hallway in the morning (before and after breakfast), but that very well could have just been a guest or misplaced room service trays.
Overall, this hotel is a great choice if you need a place in downtown Denver. I will certainly return if business brings me back into town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay as well as your great review. I will pass along all of your kind words to my staff and I hope we see you back soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Staff was courteous, room was clean and perfect for us and our 2 kids. Nice view of the Mountains and worth the small up charge. Breakfast was also very good too, something for all ages, eggs, omelets, fruit, sausage bacon, nice that we didn't have to find somewhere to eat so we started our day earlier. Only a 2 minute walk to 16th street where everything is at. The Valets were very nice and happily got our vehicle when we needed to get something out of it.

• Stayed: August 2011

We appreciate your recent stay as well as the feedback. I hope to see you back at the hotel soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My wife and I were in Denver for the International Shrine Convention. This hotel could not have been more friendly and service oriented. Every need was taken care of with a smile. The rooms were gigantic, the special breakfast was good every day, the open bar at 5:30 warmed a lot of Shriners Hearts. Heartily recommend!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great- the rooms facing the stadiums are slightly bigger
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

We loved hosting the Shrine Convention and I am glad you enjoyed your time at the hotel! We hope to see you again soon!