“AS ALWAYS, GREAT STAY AT EMBASSY SUITES!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #24 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Decided to book a downtown hotel room for a night out in downtown denver! Great location close to the convention center. Enjoyed the managers reception, and the outstanding cooked to order breakfast!! My only suggestion would be improving signs in the breakfast area so that we know there are 2 omellete stations. Seems like everyone was lining up at one station and it made the line a bit longer. Otherwise, the rooms were spacious. Nice pool area and workout gym (PreCor equipment) and free weights. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

We appreciate your stay as well as the great feedback! I hope to see you back soon the next time you are headed out for a night in Denver!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,794)

Reviewed July 28, 2011

While attending a conference I selected the Embassy Suites based on TripAdvisor reviews, and it's proximity to the Convention Center, Pepsi Center, and downtown. It was an excellent choice and a really good value when factoring in the free breakfasts and evening receptions.

The hotel staff are well trained and efficient. As a veteran traveller (and former "road warrior") I expect this. But what I found exceeded my expectations.

Early check-in was fast and efficient. The front desk staff were warm and friendly --and even seemed glad to have me staying with them. How often does that happen at check-in? They also made sure I knew about the amenities included with the room (made-to-order breakfast, nightly wine reception, gym, pool, etc.), and were eager to answer my questions about Denver.

My 2-room King Suite (standard) was perfectly sized and appointed for a solo traveller or couple. It included a spacious desk to work at, 2 large flat-panel TVs, a safe that holds a laptop with room to spare, and a comfortable bed. Best of all, everything in the room was spotless. Even the drinking glasses in the bathroom were clean (a pet peeve of mine is rooms with glasses and coffee cups that are wiped down rather than sterilized and replaced. Not here) .

Every part of the hotel I visited (dining room, lobby, lounge, busines center, gym, my room)was also super clean. Kudos to the maintainence staff for the great work they're doing.

The breakfast restaurant was well above average for a large chain hotel. While some reviewers fault the lack of variety, I enjoyed the freshness of the seasonal fruits they serve (the melon was delicious!), custom omlettes kept things interesting, and they offer a large selection of proteins and carbs (breads, cereals, oatmeal, etc.) to choose from. I'm also a "caffeholic" and can say their coffee ain't too bad either. Plus they offer soy milk to cut it with. Even Starbucks doesn't do that :-)

I want give a shout out to breakfast chef "Handsome David" for his omlettes and upbeat attitude. We chatted while he cooked my eggs and he thanked me for staying at the hotel. He said, "without great guests we wouldn't be here. So from the managers on down, we really appreciate you staying with us. We love taking care of you." I looked for the hidden camera when he said that, but couldn't find one. So I have to assume he was either sincere or a Disney robot programmed to say nice things. I'm going with sincere.

The location is great for anyone wanting to stay in or near downtown. It's close to every major attraction, from the 16th Street Mall, to Larimer Square, the DMA, Convention Center, restaurants and brewpubs, and transit lines. And since it's 2 blocks from 16th Street, it's away from some of the grubbiness that can pervade the Mall at night (in other words, the hotel feels 'safe').

Chef David's attitude pretty well sums up my experience with this hotel. The hotel and it's staff are welcoming, efficient, and friendly. The management seem to be doing a great job. And I obviously couldn't have been happier with my stay. Thank you Embassy Suites for a welcome respite from a busy conference and your Denver hospitality.

1  Thank BobbyWashington
Stephan M, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2015

Thank you for your 5 star rating and for sharing that your stay was good value and a great location, we loved hearing that! Come back soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were a little surprised that the website said nothing about the $30.00 a night valet parking charge. However the rooms were nice and we had a king suite meaning my husband and I could have a little privacy while my kids watched TV in the main living area and slept on the sofa bed which was comfortable. There was some noise in the atrium area and hallways which woke my son up. The free breakfast is amazing. So if you are in Denver and are traveling with children and want to be downtown where all the action is, stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Thank you for your great compliments about our hotel as well as your wonderful review! We pride ourselves on our great atmosphere for kids and I will make sure to share all of your comments with my staff. Our $28 parking charge is very competitive with all of the hotels in Downtown Denver so I am sorry this came as a surprise. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My wife had a whole week at this Hotel for business and I stayed one of the nights with her before her work started. We had already been in Colorado four days having some fun sightseeing before checking into this hotel. This hotel was by far the nicest hotel we stayed at during our time in Colorado. It is SO modern and up to date as well as being sparkling clean. We were able to walk to the 16th street mall and have dinner and do some shopping. It was right across the street from the convention center which was nice for my wife as she was back and forth there all week after I left. I think the only down side was that the parking was 28.00 per night....but that is usual for a hotel in the heart of town. The staff was very nice and helpful. There was also a full breakfast included each morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent stay as well as this great review. We are the new number one hotel for accessibility to conventions in Denver and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed here for a conference in town. Very new and clean hotel. Great service from a very friendly staff. Free breakfast with an omlete bar and full buffet. Rooms are suites, so you get a large bedroom and a nice sitting room/den. Also a nice, clean fitness center with a rack of free weights, a comprehensive pulley machine, and several treadmills and elipicals. Wireless is $5/day

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Julie W, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

We are so happy that you enjoyed all the amenities that we offer our guests and that you had a warm and inviting stay with us! We would be delighted to have you as our guest for your next conference in Downtown Denver!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and it was really fantastic. I had stayed at this hotel previously back in June and really liked it, so I decided to book it for our little getaway. Check-in was smooth and efficient and we got a nice upgrade as Hilton Gold level members. The hotel is fairly new so the rooms are very clean and modern, though I feel not as "homey" as other Embassy hotels but still very nice. When we checked in I mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary, and not long after we were in our roon there was a knock at the door. When I opened it we were delightfully surprised to see someone from Guest Services with a cart that had a bottle of chilled champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries! What a special treat to kick off our weekend! Breakfast on Sunday was very crazy and they ran out of plates, silverware and trays. But even with the chaos the crew managed to stock everything up quickly. Brian the omlette guy was a picture of patience as he happily served the seemingly unending, massive line of people. Even with the crowds of people it was nice to see the staff working as a team to stock things up and clear tables. The whole hotel seems to function that way from the front desk to housekeeping and it's nice to see people that seem to have "ownership" in the place they work. Since this hotel is downtown it's close to everything you'd want to do in a weekend. Great place and I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

We are so honored that you decided to spend a very special occasion at our Embassy Suites and that we did not disappoint! We hope to see you and your wife for your future Anniversaries!

Reviewed July 22, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel while I was in Denver for a conference. The level of service I received was outstanding. Everyone from the concierge to the breakfast chef was extremely friendly, helpful, and accomodating. The room and amenities were also great, as is the case with most Embassy Suites. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Everyone here at Embassy really does go above and beyond for our guests and try to make your stay as flawless as possible. We are so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and hope you choose us the next time you are in Denver!