“Stay here when in Denver!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #26 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Spent one nt at the ES convention center while in Denver. Great downtown location. Nice spacious suites. Mod metro atmosphere. Looks brand new. Hotel appeared to be filled to capacity so the manager's cocktail hr was a bit of a mob scene - but, what what do you expect when you are giving out free drinks & nibbles? The breakfast selections were impressive. Kudos to the staff - especially the valets and reception. We didn't have a car to park, but the valets got us taxis and info about the city. They were all so friendly and personable. When we had a last minute change in our travel plans and were looking for something to do in Denver for a couple of hours, the guy in reception (didn't catch his name) tried to get us in at the last minute to the US Mint. When that didn't work, he came up with a couple of alternatives and explained the best way to get to the attractions. Very helpful. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Thank you very much for your recent stay! I will make sure to share all of your great comments with my staff. Please come back and see us when your travels bring you back to Denver!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,855)

Reviewed July 4, 2011

Very nice hotel directly across from the convention center. Rooms are clean and functional. As a HHonor Gold member, I was upgraded to a corner, larger room. Although nice, the space and "mountain view" would not be worth the cost if not upgraded.

Staff at breakfast were great. Lots of seating, which is always appreciated. All other staff confident and friendly. Food was good and reasonably priced.

Quick bus ride or walk to other downtown attractions. I walked to Coor's Field in 20 minutes. Of note, Walgreen's was two blocks from the hotel along with a few fast food restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011

We appreciate your review! I will make sure to pass along your kind words about our restaurant to our staff. I hope to see you back at our hotel soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2011

Stayed at Embassy Suites Downtown Denver for 5 nights for a convention....and this hotel definitely deserves a much higher rating! My colleagues all stayed at surrounding hotels, which I visited and Embassy Suites was absolutely the BEST of all of them! Although, by the maps and recommendations online, the other hotels said they were the closest to the convention center...but, Embassy Suites is the closest!! The hotel is brand new...the suites are huge...and the suites are amazingly beautiful. Everything was exceptionally clean...nothing out of place. The cleaning staff did an excellent job each day. The hotel staff were very caring and went above and beyond providing friendly and excellent service. The free breakfast was amazing! Fresh fruit, fresh hot eggs, bacon, sausages, home fries, a omelet station and wonderful coffee! Even though I stayed alone...I felt VERY safe...you enter the rooms in an open hallway with a railing that overlooks the hotel registration and dining room. No long scary hallways! There is a living room with a large screen TV, lounging sofa, large desk. There is a wet bar area with a microwave, and refrigerator. The bathroom was modern and beautiful with large plush towels and a large tub/shower, and the water had great pressure. The separate bedroom was wonderfully decorated, had a large flat screen tv, a makeup table, the mattress was extremely comfortable, and the linens superb! Lots of pillows on my kingsize bed and everything impecably pristine clean! The vallet staff were friendly, and gave excellent service!
Even though this hotel was on a very busy corner....there was NO outside noise, and the rooms are very soundproof!
If you are planning to stay in downtown Denver for a visit or a convention...STAY HERE!! I have been at many many hotels and I was more than impressed with this stay! My friends who stayed at other local hotels were VERY jealous of my accomodations! You may pay a little more....BUT SO worth it! I would stay here again....and I would highly recommend this hotel! Thank you Embassy Suites Downtown Denver for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the city
1  Thank RhondaRN

Thank you for the fantastic review! As you note, no matter what anyone says, we are the closest hotel to the Colorado Convention Center. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I was very impressed by the service and accommodations! My husband. and I were visiting from Chicago for a convention. The accommodations are striking, the customer service from everyone was the best I've ever experienced. The complimentary breakfast had an omelette station, fruit, danish, oatmeal, granola, cereals, toast and bagels, bacon, sausage, pancakes, scrambled eggs, french toast, yogurt, potatoes.....INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! Additionally, there is a complimentary reception every evening including unlimited cocktails/beer and snacks. The housekeeping service was excellent, taking care of our requests. We were there for 5 nights, and the excellent service remained constant throughout!! Also, GREAT location!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank atticus5335

Thank you for your recent stay as well as your great feedback. We are very proud of our complimentary breakfast and manager's reception and I am very glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to hosting you again when your travels bring you back to Denver!

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Juts spent six nights at the Embassy Suites and it was a really nice visit. The breakfast bar in the morning helps fuel you for the day and at the same time lets those of us with a daily allowance spend our stipend on the many amazing dinners around town (Osteria Marco and Rioja are two great spots!) I do have to say that the staff was a bit underwhelming. The first night there I found a couple of hairs in the shower...yuck! Made me wonder how well the rest of the room had been cleaned however after a quick inspection I was satisfied it was probably just an oversight by a busy housekeeper with a lot on her mind that day. I was also a bit disappointed in the staff's knowledge of the city. I had directions to get the bus to Boulder by going to the Market St. station which I decided to confirm before heading out. I was told to go to Union Station instead however once I arrived there, the bus driver informed me that Market St. was the right place and I arrived back at the correct station just in time to see my bus leave...frustrating indeed! The last interaction I had involved a request for a place with good dessert. Three people couldn't offer a suggestion which I found amazing. Even if you "don't like dessert" or are new to the area, I would expect that a desk staff would have at least one suggestion for dessert even by just reading tripadvisor reviews (Oteria and Rioja both had fabulous desserts by the way). On the other hand a really nice bar person hooked me up with cocktail napkins and little cereal bowls to help me with the reception we had in our room for some fellow conference goers and the rooms are super spacious so all in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your stay as well as all of your comments! I appreciate the constructive feedback so we can continue to improve on our service every day. We hope to see you back the next time you travel to Denver!

Reviewed June 26, 2011

This is a new property that clearly needs to get their act together. The folks are nice but the daily room cleaning is unbelievably slow. Seriously, every day this week the fastest they got to our room was 3pm but, in each case, it required a call to the Manager first. Additionally, the rooms have automatic settings for the inside air which is nice for the environment but sucks for the customer. I think next time I will go to the Hyatt......it's right next door and based on my past experience it's cooler and the rooms are cleaned earlier. On a final note....internet and parking are expensive at this property so remember to factor that in your budget.

Room Tip: Ask for the Housekeeping Schedule!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Emb_Suites_Denver, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Thank you for your recent stay with us! Our housekeeping team strives to do a thorough job and works hard from 8am-5pm every day. In the future (at any hotel) if you are interested in having your room cleaned at a specific time each day please notify the front desk as we would be happy to accommodate your schedule.
As you note, we are working toward our LEED certification and part of this includes not running the air conditioner when you are not in the room. I apologize the system did not keep your room cold enough, but we will check that room to ensure the system is working properly.
Our parking and internet charges are comparable to all of the major hotels in Denver, and I hope our complimentary Manager’s reception each night and cook-to-order breakfast each morning added value to your stay! We hope to welcome you back if your travels bring you back to Denver!

Reviewed June 24, 2011

Even though this is a new hotel for the area, the hotel staff seemed very experienced and helpful. The amenities are plentiful. The exercise room has enough equipment to accommodate at least ten people working out at one time, I couldn't say that for other four and five star hotels I've stayed at in the past. And the free breakfast buffet with two omelet stations exceeded my expectations. The hotel is right across from the Colorado Convention Center and the Rail Station.

1  Thank BigRichBossilini

We appreciate your stay with us as well as your review of our property. We are very proud of how our new gym accommodates more than a few guests and the quality of our complimentary breakfast! I hope we have the opportunity to host you again when you are back in Denver!