“Posh, comfortable, and chic”

Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Ranked #3 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Posh, comfortable, and chic”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Definitely the nicest place to stay in Denver, bar none. Stayed here for 3 nights; upgraded to corner suite (approx. 970 sq ft); two bathrooms, living room, dining area, gorgeous wall of closets. A worthwhile upgrade if you can do it!

Staff was exceedingly pleasant and remembered our name. Rooms were comfortable, clean and well-appointed with nice linens and good-sized flat screen TV's in both the LR and the bedroom.

Great location; stone's throw away from theater district and 16th street 'mall area'. We even walked to both the Museum of modern art in Denver, the Mint ,and the regular Denver museum of arts. Tip: museums are free first Sat. of the month!

Positives:
Elegant lobby, very helpful and friendly staff, including valets and doormen.
Beautiful rooms with well-appointed amenities
Garaged parking so your car doesn't have to get dug out of snow
Walking distance to main sites in downtown Denver
Turndown service discreet and timely; they seemed to know when we were gone for the evening. Very nice. Though I would have liked a 'weather card' and some water at turn-down, like we've had at some other hotels.

Negatives:
Should have had some free lobby amenities on check in (wine? cookies? )
No bottled water in room. I was able to get bottled water from the valets every time we left, but seriously for the price of the 4 seasons, one should expect water on check-in.
Parking seriously pricey at $31 a day; no self-park option
Walls too thin. Shame on you, Four Seasons. We could hear conversations and doors slam in the hallway. This is a new building; you could have soundproofed a lot better. I've had better soundproofing in a lot of other hotels.
Very slow housekeeping service. We generally left around 9 am, but sometimes when we came back around lunch time (12 noon) they were just getting to our room. To me this is very poor. I expect not to have to wait until the afternoon for housekeeping.

Very elegant lobby. We did not try the Edge restaurant but did have cocktails in the bar area; really fun and creative cocktails. Very hip and happening lobby after 5 on Friday-Saturday; dress accordingly.

All in all, the best place to stay in downtown Denver. Could work out a few kinks but otherwise very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try upgrading to a suite if possible; corner views of downtown Denver are very nice and are generall...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Over the Christmas holidays I spent several days at the Four Season's Denver. I was initially looking for a more cozy atmosphere but decided on the Four Season's because I've never been disappointed with their facilities or services in the past. This was my first visit and I was not disappointed.

From the moment I arrived I was greeted warmly and whisked through registration quickly. In the days leading up to my visit, rates had dropped and reservations lowered my rate in accordance with their new lower holiday rate. On arrival everything was in order, and without having to ask, I'd been upgraded to a deluxe king room. I spent 20 years as a travel specialist and this was one of the nicest rooms I'd ever seen in a city hotel. The walls were covered with a soft umber colored wallpaper; one wall was accented with stonework. The furniture, including the wardrobe/closet were solid wood in a contemporary style. Though I was on one of the higher floors, the atmosphere in the room reminded me more of being in resort or contemporary ski lodge.

The bathroom was spacious and beautiful, with separate sunken tub, shower, toilet area which was enclosed by opaque glass walls. There was a television behind the mirror in the bathroom which disappeared when you turned the TV off. The TV could be viewed from the tub.

The bed was very plush and covered with luxury linens, lots of pillows, and good lighting. The room had a beautiful glass worktable connected to a credenza like counter that ran the length of the room and lots of space to work. There is wifi in the room but you have to pay for it. There was a wide screen flat panel TV that could be turned to face an easy chair in the corner of the room by the window, or the desk. The room had 3 phones (bedside, bathroom, & desk area).

Storage included a solid wood wardrobe built into the wall for hanging clothes complete with drawers and safe. A credenza on the side of the room also included hidden fridge with drinks (billable immediately if the item is removed) and drawer of dry snacks. There was also a coffeemaker and assorted coffees on top of the counter. Amenities were L'Occitane. Hotel offers turn down service. Doors are electronically keyed with privacy buttons to light a privacy sign in the door instead of door hangers.

Food: outstanding. Best room service breakfast ever. The food was fresh and delivered ontime (sometimes early) and was hot. Service was outstanding. Food is delivered on a table and table is set formally for every meal. Tables picked up immediately when you request it. No food trays every stayed in the room or was ever seen in the halls. Everything was delicious. Keep in mind there is a large gratuity and service charge built into the bill.

Restaurant & Bar: Edge was a fabulous restaurant. Service was outstanding. Great atmosphere though for dinner this is more of a place for singles/couples rather than families.Bar area adjacent to Edge serves drinks and snacks and is a comfortable area for grabbing a snack and getting some work done with your laptop, though I didn't see anywhere to plug in any electronics. The lobby is all glass and it was snowing so the light is great and the view of the outside was nice.

Business center: I did not use the business center but it appeared to be more than adequate. There is a kiosk in the lobby for printing out boarding passes so no need to use the business center for that.

Parking: Over the top expensive (more than $30 a night) because I think cars have to be driven to parking garage off property. It's a very long ride to the airport ( give yourself an hour on top of the hour advance check-in you need for your flight).

The decor in the hotel is sterile but the staff is warm and accommodating.

There was a blizzard over my stay so I was not able to walk around too much, but the area around the hotel is replete with coffeehouses, restaurants and shops. I'm glad I spent the money to stay here rather than another hotel thinking "oh well, it's just a room and I'm not spending much time there". To the contrary, most of my stay had to be spent in the hotel and I'm glad I spent the extra money to make the visit memorable and comfortable.

Room Tip: If you aren't interested in staring over the tops of other high rises, forego the view. All the...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank emrtravel
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband and I recently travelled to Denver for business. We stayed at the Four Seasons based on stays at other properties and the location. We had a great stay. The hotel service was up to the Four Seasons Standard. Great city view. Close to everything. The spa is consistent with a city hotel spa not a resort spa (I expected this). Our only negative was the service at EDGE. The food and wine were fantastic but the service was subpar for a Four Seasons. Still I would stay here again. We ate at Rioja and really enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank HighMaintenance01
Aventura, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2012

While most people who go skiing in Colorado stay their last night near Denver airport, our family always stays downtown at the Four Seasons. The rates are extremely reasonable, while the quality of the room and the service is unbeatable. If you've ever slept in a Westin Heavenly bed, the Four Seasons bed will blow you away! The Four Seasons Denver really knows how to take care of families with kids, with special little extras that you would never expect, such as a tent in the room for the kids to sleep in. The Edge restaurant has a great kids menu and the food is fantastic.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I thought a lot about Philip Johnson while I was at the Four Seasons Denver. The decor, design, aesthetic seemed very PJ redux or PJ updated. The browns (and blues?), the stone / slate / granite, all are very familiar and disturbingly unchanging even if they have been reshuffled and remixed for this new "property." It as if the American aesthetic fell off a cliff and we are forever trapped in the world of Ross Bleckner art, Phillip Johnson buildings and some sort of sterile corporate world that patronizes us only in order to entrap us.
In fact, every time, I have stayed at a Four Seasons or St. Regis, I have the sinking feeling that the corporations have won and our desires have been completely corporatized. Don't get me wrong, I love the clean sheen and the control and the organization and I feel comfortable in these pseudo / crypto fascist luxury bed / building boxes with the fast elevators and the recessed lighting and the great bathrooms, and the menus that are all the same with this creeping corporate luxury pseudo-foody food, but overall these properties are soulless and well, the Four Seasons Denver is especially so. The experience is vacant. Vacant luxury in Denver. Like the vacant luxury in Maui or Paris or wherever. Just add another notch on to your belt for the empty and the heartless and wonder if you or they are grasping as they swipe your American Express!

However, I will probably stay there again because I am obsessed with cleanliness and it is the cleanest most up to date hotel in Denver.

Cheers!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank georgieasnick
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Completely awesome! We'd go back in a heartbeat.
The hotel is brand new and the staff is terrific.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons - Denver for 2 nights a staycation holiday this year. We reserved the "companion package". This gave us buy one - get one status for the room, at the spa and at the EDGE restaurant and bar (sans alcohol). Though it was still spendy, for the level of luxury, it was a value. The impeccable service this hotel is known for began the second we pulled up. A team of people helped us out of the car and had our car emptied before we hit the lobby. We were quickly checked in and taken to our room. The rooms are beautiful. We opted for the upgraded room that supposedly had a view, even though it was only on the 5th floor in downtown Denver, so we saw mostly other building, but I digress. The rooms were very well finished and fairly spacious. The layout was very efficient however and made the room feel larger than it actually way. The bed was extremely comfortable - an amenity I am very picky of. The bathroom is what steals the show in these rooms. 5 piece bath with a fountain spout, full size tub, separate toilet, glass/tile shower and 2 sinks. A large vanity for all the wife's makings and best yet... a TV embedded in the very large mirror. The large heavy sliding pocket door to the restroom was not only very efficient, but gave a presence of quality with it's girth. The hallway double door closet, chest of drawers and safe are nicely tucked away, yet with ample space and again, beautiful design. The use of these hidden areas, pocket doors and mirrors throughout the room, again made the room feel much larger than it actually way. But perception is reality, so large they are!

We sampled the EDGE bar on Christmas Eve and found the drinks and appetizers to be ample and high quality for the cost. And again with our 2 for 1 status, cost was not astronomical.

We also dined at the EDGE restaurant for Christmas dinner on Sunday. While the prefix meal seemed expensive, it was a delightful meal and the restaurant is fantastic. It's design is elegant, yet modern and it's layout makes everyone feel private and yet part of the collective, all at once. The service was as expected, superb.

Lastly, we did also attended the spa here and it was very nice as well. The men's lockerroom had all the amenities (if not more) of a nice spa. Personal vanities and restrooms, 8-head showers, large jacuzzi, steam room, relaxation chairs, high quality lockers with digital locks, and all the linens necessary. There was also a waiting room for the spa services with ESPN on the dial... can't beat that. The massage I received was very good... not the best ever, but very good and made for a nice relaxing day. Again, a little more than I would usually pay for a 60 minute massage, but with the 2 for 1... not so bad.

All and all, this stay was fantastic. A very nice substitute for the annual trip home to see the family. The cost of our 2 night stay was $1030. While that sounds very expensive, it included a 2 night stay for $240/nt ($480 total), $165 Christmas meal, $55 bar tab, $160 for 2 massages, $100 in breakfast room service, an in room movie ($16) and in room wireless for 2 days ($30). Not so happy about that last one, but oh well. Add in the super high tax of staying downtown and you get the final bill. Take out all the extras and it would have been about $550 for a 2 night stay. $275/night at the Four Seasons? I don't think that's so bad. And again, the service was amazing and everyone in the hotel was extremely nice.

Room Tip: Check for package deals... Companion Package is 2 for 1 rooms, spa and food at the Edge Bar/Restaura...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple