“A beautiful hotel with perfect service”

Four Seasons Hotel Denver
Ranked #3 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Austin, Texas
“A beautiful hotel with perfect service”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

One of our family members was injured in an accident and was hospitalized in Denver. I have to say that the Assistant Manager at this hotel, Robby, made our stay here a perfect experience. The staff left an Easter egg hunt for my kids in the room, and always made us feel welcome and cared for. They upgraded us when possible, and were always accommodating and friendly. The rooms are a gorgeous mix of contemporary with natural touches of rock, stone, and wood. There are t.v.s embedded inside the bathroom mirrors, and the sinks light up from underneath making a nightlight. The hotel is within walking distance of a street that has great restaurants and shops. The staff at this hotel actually made one of the most difficult weeks of our lives pleasant. I have stayed all over the world at five star hotels and I am very picky, but the Four Seasons Denver surpassed the service experience I have had anywhere in the world. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have amazing views.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed April 9, 2011

When it's windy outside this hotel squeaks. Insufficient wind bracing. Bring earplugs to sleep. Friendly staff willing to please. Outrageous valet parking charges. Restaurant has limited menu and a very noisy bar on Wednesday night with a DJ playing NOISE, not conducive to the high paying clientele that a 4 Seasons usually attracts.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lee P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We had a great stay in the Four Seasons.

==Rooms==

The decoration was lovely, and the room was well equipped. We liked the nespresso coffee machines & TV in the bathroom mirror. The bed was comfortable, and we found the rooms to be very spacious.

For a modern hotel, the soundproofing could have been better. We could hear the nocturnal activities of several other guests in our room. It also seemed as though some people were having a party, and the noise from that travelled far.

==Staff==

From start to finish, we found the staff to be wonderfully attentive. Everyone, from the room service waiter to reception staff and valets were polite, enthusiastic and attuned to our needs. This was excellent.

==Valet parking==

I don't stay in north american hotels often, so this may be relatively standard. However, $30 seemed steep for overnight valet parking. There are cheaper car parks nearby.

==Wi-fi internet access==

This is a personal bugbear, but I resent having to pay for wi-fi access in a luxury hotel. I didn't - there are shops/cafes nearby where you can get it for free. It seems a shame that it isn't included in the cost of the room. This is especially true when the room is much more expensive than mid-range hotels and hostels where wi-fi often is available, or at the least which have a free internet connection.

==Overall==

This is a fantastic hotel in the heart of downtown Denver. If you don't mind the extra charges, it's a lovely place to relax and see the city.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank wanderlust_00
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Poor customer service/problem solving began at checkin. My package included two $25 gift cards at two local shopping areas. I was told the promotion had ended and there were no more cards. I had called reservations. the day before, to confirm my package details. I presented my printout with the promotion expiration date still 2 weeks away. I was told something would be done. A bit later, one $25 gift card was delivered to our room. I returned to the desk, asking about the 2nd card. Once again, I was told there were no more for the particular vendors. I said I was happy to take a 2nd card to the 1st vendor. Curious that I was told there were none and was subsequently given two. Why was this solution not offered immediately?

Beginning with the gift card fiasco, it progressed to being told that there is no happy hour pricing, in the hotel bar, on weekends. It clearly stated on the Edge website that Happy Hour is every day-they've since slightly revised this wording. We left and dined elsewhere. The next day I made a point of seeking the manager, Katarina, to explain their mistake. She immediately wanted to make it right, It was too late as we had our plans. This is the correct response to the customer. Returning to our room later in the evening, it soon became apparent that there was a small group next door making a lot of noise. It took about 15 minutes for hotel personnel to go to the room and talk to the inhabitants. It immediately quieted down. It did seem as if the noise-reduction material, in the wall, was insufficient. The room thermostat won't go below 65'. I didn't want air-conditioning, just a lower temperature. We found this too warm for comfortable sleeping. I could not find anything that resembled a hotel guide-something that gave us information on amenities, in particular the health club facilities and its location. Online information mentioned a newspaper. When one was not at our door, went to the front desk, at 9AM and was told there were no more. Charging $10/day for internet is unwise.

On the plus side, the town car service that is offered, within a about a 2 mile radius, is fabulous and deserves more of a promotion. Personnel were generally very friendly and welcoming. The bathroom was incredible. I particularly liked the lighted sinks that served as a soft nightlight. A second overstuffed chair would be nice.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chic2011
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 20, 2011

I was excited to stay here, because I travel to Denver quite a bit, and do not love the hotels there.
Construction is going on all around the outside of the building, a beautification project by the city of Denver, so getting into the valet area is challenging at first.
The room I stayed in was a deluxe corner. I booked through Amex Platinum and was given a room upgrade, breakfast both days, $100 towards food, and a 4pm checkout. Who could ask for more?!
The hotel is very fairly priced. The food, both in the restaurant and room service, is very fairly priced and good.
I did switch rooms because the first room faced 2 buildings, making it necessary to keep the curtains drawn. The next room had a beautiful view of the mountains and city. Really great at sunset.
I liked the hotel, the bar and the restaurant. The hotel in general felt like a little bit lower grade Four Seasons, but that is not to say it isn't nice.... just an aside observation.
The staff is superb.
There were a few odd design flaws. No full length mirror, anywhere. And upon opening the door, the first view of this catagory of room is the bathroom tub and toilet. But I have to say the bathroom is quite nice.
I did not see the spa but it looked lovely. The workout area was bright, had good equipment and was very clean.
The pool looks like it will be nice in the summer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pa
Reviewed February 16, 2011

We had a fantastic stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Denver. We went to Denver to visit our daughter and stayed at this gorgeous new hotel. Our room was beautiful with wonderful views in every direction. We took advantage of all that this hotel has to offer and was never disappointed. I had a hydrating pedicure in the spa that was the best pedicure I have EVER had! My daughter and husband had a massage that they both loved. The spa is gorgeous and so relaxing! We had a fantastic lunch at Edge Restaurant and even had time to have Jennifer show us the incredible condos! The views have got to be the best in Denver! The exercise room was also very nice. Service is excellent throughout the hotel. Don't miss out on all this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
LA CANADA
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Just got back from Denver and the Four Seasons and am compelled to tell you how much we enjoyed this hotel. We received a great value, which is part of the reason I am so giddy. That being said, it was a 5 star experience.
First of all, you are in a great location (although there is construction on street directly in front of hotel at this time). 2 blocks away is the 16th street promenade, which is a walking "mall" consisting of at least a mile of restaurants, shops, etc.
I had business about 5 blocks away which I walked to...and we never left the area otherwise. Great restaurants abound.
We had dinner one night at the Four Seasons signature restaurant. It was Valentine's weekend so there were many couples on the scene and we were placed at a "less then desirable" spot, however, we understood the situation. That being said, we had a wonderful meal. Order the bone in ribeye and request 2 or 3 accompaniments as I did. The jalapenos kicked it up a major notch.
Rooms are typical Four Seasons elegant and comfortable. The staff is wonderful. This is the youngest group of employees and/or guests I can recall at their hotel chain. I'm 45 and felt a bit aged....
Would come back in a moment!
Highly recommended.