“Nothing special”
Review of Satchel's on 6th

Satchel's on 6th
Reserve with OpenTable
Satchel's on 6th is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #411 of 3,103 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th and Gilpin
Transit: 6th and Gilpin.
Description: This was perhaps the BEST dining experience I've had! A celebration was held here, and everyone (18 people) raved about the food.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My daughter and I recently dined at Satchel's. (She had been there with the previous chef). I would have to say we were both disappointed in the food. The service was very good, and the wine we ordered good, but the only items we really enjoyed were the brussel sprouts(again nothing special just good), and the butternut squash soup. The pork belly my daughter had was an almost unidentifiable brown chunk...very chewy and tasted like a piece of well done meat. Other items not worth mentioning. The ambience is minimal (metal chairs, kind fast food type seating arrangement), so when this is the case, then I think the food should really be the show stopper...this was not the case. Couldn't recommend.

2  Thank Nordic1

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Need a quiet, comfortable, "in" spot for dinner? Here it is! The food is fabulous along with a great wine list. The staff will take extra care of you and you will walk out feeling full and content and will still have enough in your wallet to have dinner out another night.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

What a true neighborhood gem... I'm almost hesitant to write an 'excellent' review because I am selfish and want to keep this restaurant all to myself!! :) BUT... it deserves the EXCELLENT review because it was just that - ambiance, servers, cuisine. I ordered the squid salad and was surprised at how much flavor they created by grilling the meat, and I loved the touch of green garbanzos. The seafood stew was so rich and delicious, meat perfectly cooked. The small order of gnocchi was plenty to eat, and packed with amazing flavor - I even asked for another piece of bread to sop up all the sauce, it was that good. Our waiter from France was very personable and helpful at recommending dishes. I've been called a 'foodie' and this place is doing a great job at keeping it interesting and delectable here in Denver, as well as offering a nice wine selection. All I can say is that I will be back, you can guarantee it :) Thank you for such a nice surprise!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I have dined here twice. The first time, our waitress was very friendly and attentive and the food was excellent. The small confines did make it a bit noisy and hard to talk to each other over the other noise, but overall, we had a very positive experience and enjoyed our evening. We decided to go back several months later. Our second visit was not as good. We seemed to be "shared" by two different servers, who would ask us either the same questions, or not come over at all. I ordered the short ribs on both visits, and the first time they were awesome. The second time, they were over-cooked and very tough. We ordered dessert, which took FOREVER to come out. Unfortunately, we probably won't be returning.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have to tell you, the food was pretty good and creative. That being said, we had reservations but was not seated until 45 minutes later. Friends of one of the managers or employees came in and got our table before us. We eventually got a table and the whole evening just seemed odd. People would come in, obviously known, and the staff became so attentive to them that it just made one feel that the patrons were not the priority. At the end of our meal, we just couldn't wait to get the hell ot of there. I can look over the sterile room, the noise and the staff looking like they were overwhelmed, but to be treated like an inconvenience was pretty bad. Even with the food being very good, I just don't feel we are cool enough o return.

1  Thank Andrew K

Been to Satchel's on 6th? Share your experiences!