“Just not cool enough”
Review of Satchel's on 6th

Satchel's on 6th
Reserve with OpenTable
Satchel's on 6th is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #408 of 3,104 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th and Gilpin
Transit: 6th and Gilpin.
Description: This was perhaps the BEST dining experience I've had! A celebration was held here, and everyone (18 people) raved about the food.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have to tell you, the food was pretty good and creative. That being said, we had reservations but was not seated until 45 minutes later. Friends of one of the managers or employees came in and got our table before us. We eventually got a table and the whole evening just seemed odd. People would come in, obviously known, and the staff became so attentive to them that it just made one feel that the patrons were not the priority. At the end of our meal, we just couldn't wait to get the hell ot of there. I can look over the sterile room, the noise and the staff looking like they were overwhelmed, but to be treated like an inconvenience was pretty bad. Even with the food being very good, I just don't feel we are cool enough o return.

1  Thank Andrew K

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Environment was cold. Perhaps a large and loud group at the bar created an ambiance that is not typical, but it made dining with someone you want to talk with very difficult. Food preparation was decent but not particularly noteworthy. Waiter was nice but seemed not interested in us or the restaurant. For the price, there are nicer/better restaurants. We are not likely to return.

1  Thank layla317
Reviewed June 18, 2012

What a wonderful, wonderful experience at Satchel's on 6th. Met some friends and colleagues there last week and was blown away by the food, décor and stellar service.

Andrew, the owner, was behind the bar answering all of questions about the myriad of wines available. Normally I'm a red-only girl, but sometimes in the summer I'll seek out something cold, crisp and of the pinot grigio variety. Andrew recommended a great glass that I thoroughly enjoyed - a few times!

Apps started with the fried green tomato with pork belly - SO glad I chose it. The combination of flavors and textures was spot on. Two in our group got the grilled squid salad, which was exceptionally tasty too. The only thing I didn't sample was the tempura crab, but word around the table was it was delicious.
My entrée of pork loin with white wine poached apricots, grilled leeks, English pea puree and herbed spaetzle with pork belly. I think I found what heaven tastes like. I also sampled the duck, lobster tagliatelle and the flat iron steak. I think I was the clear winner, but the duck and lobster were not far behind.

Topped it all off with some wonderful coffee and deserts - a strawberry shortcake and a chocolate concoction that was the perfect sweet ending to a great night.
Satchel's has such a local neighborhood feel - with great owner and a friendly and knowledgeable staff. I'll be back guys!

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Six of us went because 5280 magazine recommended this restaurant AND we could get a reservation for a Friday night at 7 less than a week ahead. Bet that doesn't last! The menu was varied and we all enjoyed every dish. The squid salad was scrumptious. My gnocchi melted in my mouth and was perfectly complemented by the other vegetables and morels. The skirt steak was good sized and cooked just right. The duck breast was great with its side dishes. The wine list had a number of interesting choices. Desserts looked interesting, but we were too satisfied to try them. Ambiance was casual and pleasant. It's a small place and was totally full by 7:30, with many walk-ups to the bar. Service was excellent. Oh yeah, we'll be back.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We went during restaurant week!!! had the scallops then short ribs the the brownie sundae... my wife had the mahi... everything was fantastic.... we are definitely going back ...great wine parings... great value.... we weren't that excited at first ...not being familiar with Satchel's but we were surprised by the passion coming out of the kitchen...small wine and some local beers only..... the chairs are rather narrow and not at all comfortable but tolerable for the food ..service is efficient and refreshingly NON rushed which is really rare in Denver and in the USA. GO!