“Noisy hotel with old TVs”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #84 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I stayed there for one night. Could easily hear my neighbors and those living upstairs. The TV was old style with poor picture quality and sound. Beside that the room was fine.
There are a few restaurants within walking distance and a 7eleven. The breakfast was fine.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2015

Dear Engineer101,
First off let me start by saying thank you for taking the time to give an honest review on Trip advisor we truly value and appreciate your honest and open opinion, and we apologize the inconvenience you had with our television and neighbors.
We are striving everyday to give our guests the best experience possible we have updated our TV's since then. we Hope that in the future you give Red Lion another chance.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We booked the Red Lion for one night as it is really close to airport. Complementary shuttle services are also provided (West side, Island 3, Hotels).

We were promptly checked in and went to the room which was spacy, had a big fridge, microwave, aircon, old school TV and free wifi.

What I missed most was shower handle, there is just fixed shower had.

Pool was ok for a quick splash, nothing fancy.

There are some nice restaurants nearby.

All in all ok as transit hotel, as mentioned negative points for worn out rooms, bathroom and tv.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Xochitl S, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2015

Dear ALiEN2108,

Thank you for investing your time in reviewing our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies regarding the challenges you faced while at our facilities.
We try to give all of our guests a pleasant stay and I'm truly sorry you didn't experience that with us.We hope that you would be so kind as to give us another chance and stay with us again, in the future. Once more, thank you for reviewing our hotel.

Xochitl S.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We checked in for valentine's day weekend. I had been working graveyard shifts and had been awake for almost 24 hours. All I wanted was a nice clean place to stay. When we arrived we went to the elevator and thought it was odd that the floor placards were written with sharpie. We went up anyway and the room had tools spread all about and we thought we had the wrong room. The housekeeping lady called the front desk and handed the phone to us and we were told we would have to wait a couple hours for the caulking to dry. We said we wanted another room. The assistant manager was not impressed with us but sent us to another room. The room was gross: the caulking was molded and falling apart... It looked like there was a semen stain on the wall.... The dresser had dirt in it... So we asked if we could just get a refund, we did not want to stay. The assistant manager told us we were past our cancellation policy and she would not refund us. We explained to her that we were there for our room but we're unhappy with the quality for the price and did not want to stay, it had nothing to do with the cancellation policy. She was very rude and said that she was unwilling to give us a refund. We tried one more room which was the worst of all 3! The fire sprinkler was pulled out of the wall, the caulking in the bathroom was again molded and falling apart, there was dirt in the refrigerator and worse off, there appeared to be feces on the headboard! We called the front desk and asked again if they would refund us, we were told that the managers had left for the day and they were left a note saying they would not give us a refund! We asked them to send someone up to look at the problems we were seeing and they refused to send anyone. We ended up leaving because we did not feel comfortable staying there. Turns out, the assistant manager lied to us as she was still there at the front desk when we went to walk out of the hotel, she refused to even look at us and pretended to be busy looking another direction.

I called Red Lion headquarters to ask for a refund. They said it was up to "Mr. Kahn" and his wife the assistant manager and if they did not want to refund us, HQ wouldn't be doing anything to help.

After this experience, I am NEVER going to stay at another Red Lion ever again!!

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank Ralmgren
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2015

Dear Ralmgren,

First off let me begin by apologizing for the bad experience you had with Red Lion Inn and Suites. We appreciate your Honest and Open opinion about your experience at our Inn. Also I would to apologize for the condition that the room was in and the bad experience you had with 3 of our rooms, our goal is to give our customers a clean and comfortable environment... we apologize again for the terrible experience you had with the rooms and staff. Your opinion will serve us as an example of what we can improve on for the next customer.
thank you for your feedback and again we apologize for the bad experience.

Xochitil Saldana

GM.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stuck overnight in Denver after missing a connecting flight, the airline provided a complimentary room at this property. By the time I had worked through the re-booking process it was almost midnight, but the hotel's courtesy shuttle was available and quick to pick me up. The driver was kind, empathetic and courteous; he provided some much-needed, relaxing music on the short trip to the hotel. Upon arrival, the night manager quickly took the airline voucher, asked if I needed anything, asked what time I would need a shuttle back to the airport the following morning, offered to provide a wake-up call, and had me on the way to my room. Expecting some cramped sleeping quarters, I was pleasantly surprised by the king suite. With little delay, I quickly discovered the absolute best thing about the room... a supremely comfortable bed with an assortment of pillows. The next thing I remember was the promised wake-up call followed by a shower under the rainfall shower head and seemingly endless hot water. Another bonus was the hot breakfast in a breakfast room with space to sit. The morning shuttle was right on time with another courteous, helpful driver who delivered his load of passengers right to curbside closest to the security screening area. This property was clean and well-maintained both inside and out. While I was not there long enough to take advantage of all amenities, I was certainly impressed with the size of the room, the comfort of the bed, the flat-screen tv, the spacious bathroom, the adjustable showerhead, and the thick towels. There was minimal exterior noise, especially considering the proximity to the airport. Above all those things were the people who went above and beyond with a weary, frustrated traveler; from the drivers to the night manager (who was still on duty the following morning) to the breakfast room staff to the custodial staff who quietly and unobtrusively went about their work in vacated rooms on my assigned floor. To those people, I will be eternally grateful!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank cigomontana

Dear Cigomontana,

We are pleased to hear that your stay at our Red Lion Inn & Suites was a pleasant one and that all of our staff and Shuttle driver were accommodating and that all was up to your expectations. We strive everyday to provide a friendly and welcoming environment.
Thank you very much for your feedback and positive review your opinion is very much appreciated.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Per night rate is about 30% more than it should be. Hotel was okay, fairly clean but needs to be renovated (although I understand they did do a recent renovation). Staff was helpful to me but while at the front desk another guest was questioning air conditioning in room. Staff agreed that a/c was broken and required replacement of the entire unit but did not offer the guest another room to finish her two night stay. Guest argued and argued until manager agreed to move her to another room. Toilet seat in our room was broken which reported immediately upon arrival. No response nor was toilet fixed. Free breakfast was good compared to similar hotels. When leaving hotel, shuttle driver was late taking guests to airport and drove ridiculously fast and irresponsibly to get us to airport on time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 997natalier

Dear Natalie R.
Thank you for your honest and open opinion, we truly value your opinion and the time you took to write the review.
We strive everyday to accommodate our guests and be reasonably priced. we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had with the room.
We are glad to hear that you had a decent experience I hope that in the future we can make you stay a better one and that you give Red Lion Inn & Suites another try.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Using my AAA discount, I was able to book a 2 queen SUITE for less that half the price on a single at other hotels. The hotel was quality through-out - from marble countertops, to extra-high and lofty comfortable beds. Breakfast area was clean and upscale - especially compared to other places I've stayed at recently. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know, whether travelling for business or pleasure. Don't pay for the name-brand upscale hotels - at Red Lion you get upscale for a bargain price. I will not stay at Red Lion every time I travel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
1  Thank Marilyn D
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2015

Dear Marilyn D,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver International .We are thrilled to hear we are an excellent hotel. We strive in providing our guests with outstanding quality service and are touched that you took notice. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your stay. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to Denver. Once more, thank you for reviewing the Red Lion Inn & suites Denver International Airport.

G.M

Reviewed June 17, 2014

room was nice. Wall switches were very awkward and not user friendly. A/c had a habit of turning off at night. Front desk said they would send someone up. Still waiting. TV was an old cathode ray tube tv. no HD and very small. This is 2014 not 1954. WAY overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Plenty of hotels near this property that I would choose first from now on.