“Paid $113 bucks and didn't even stay >:(”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #84 of 157 Hotels in Denver
“Paid $113 bucks and didn't even stay >:(”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We checked in for valentine's day weekend. I had been working graveyard shifts and had been awake for almost 24 hours. All I wanted was a nice clean place to stay. When we arrived we went to the elevator and thought it was odd that the floor placards were written with sharpie. We went up anyway and the room had tools spread all about and we thought we had the wrong room. The housekeeping lady called the front desk and handed the phone to us and we were told we would have to wait a couple hours for the caulking to dry. We said we wanted another room. The assistant manager was not impressed with us but sent us to another room. The room was gross: the caulking was molded and falling apart... It looked like there was a semen stain on the wall.... The dresser had dirt in it... So we asked if we could just get a refund, we did not want to stay. The assistant manager told us we were past our cancellation policy and she would not refund us. We explained to her that we were there for our room but we're unhappy with the quality for the price and did not want to stay, it had nothing to do with the cancellation policy. She was very rude and said that she was unwilling to give us a refund. We tried one more room which was the worst of all 3! The fire sprinkler was pulled out of the wall, the caulking in the bathroom was again molded and falling apart, there was dirt in the refrigerator and worse off, there appeared to be feces on the headboard! We called the front desk and asked again if they would refund us, we were told that the managers had left for the day and they were left a note saying they would not give us a refund! We asked them to send someone up to look at the problems we were seeing and they refused to send anyone. We ended up leaving because we did not feel comfortable staying there. Turns out, the assistant manager lied to us as she was still there at the front desk when we went to walk out of the hotel, she refused to even look at us and pretended to be busy looking another direction.

I called Red Lion headquarters to ask for a refund. They said it was up to "Mr. Kahn" and his wife the assistant manager and if they did not want to refund us, HQ wouldn't be doing anything to help.

After this experience, I am NEVER going to stay at another Red Lion ever again!!

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Ralmgren
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2015
Dear Ralmgren,

First off let me begin by apologizing for the bad experience you had with Red Lion Inn and Suites. We appreciate your Honest and Open opinion about your experience at our Inn. Also I would to apologize for the condition that the room was in and the bad experience you had with 3 of our rooms, our goal is to give our customers a clean and comfortable environment... we apologize again for the terrible experience you had with the rooms and staff. Your opinion will serve us as an example of what we can improve on for the next customer.
thank you for your feedback and again we apologize for the bad experience.

With much appreciation

Xochitil Saldana

GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Indonesian first
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stuck overnight in Denver after missing a connecting flight, the airline provided a complimentary room at this property. By the time I had worked through the re-booking process it was almost midnight, but the hotel's courtesy shuttle was available and quick to pick me up. The driver was kind, empathetic and courteous; he provided some much-needed, relaxing music on the short trip to the hotel. Upon arrival, the night manager quickly took the airline voucher, asked if I needed anything, asked what time I would need a shuttle back to the airport the following morning, offered to provide a wake-up call, and had me on the way to my room. Expecting some cramped sleeping quarters, I was pleasantly surprised by the king suite. With little delay, I quickly discovered the absolute best thing about the room... a supremely comfortable bed with an assortment of pillows. The next thing I remember was the promised wake-up call followed by a shower under the rainfall shower head and seemingly endless hot water. Another bonus was the hot breakfast in a breakfast room with space to sit. The morning shuttle was right on time with another courteous, helpful driver who delivered his load of passengers right to curbside closest to the security screening area. This property was clean and well-maintained both inside and out. While I was not there long enough to take advantage of all amenities, I was certainly impressed with the size of the room, the comfort of the bed, the flat-screen tv, the spacious bathroom, the adjustable showerhead, and the thick towels. There was minimal exterior noise, especially considering the proximity to the airport. Above all those things were the people who went above and beyond with a weary, frustrated traveler; from the drivers to the night manager (who was still on duty the following morning) to the breakfast room staff to the custodial staff who quietly and unobtrusively went about their work in vacated rooms on my assigned floor. To those people, I will be eternally grateful!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank cigomontana
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2015
Dear Cigomontana,

We are pleased to hear that your stay at our Red Lion Inn & Suites was a pleasant one and that all of our staff and Shuttle driver were accommodating and that all was up to your expectations. We strive everyday to provide a friendly and welcoming environment.
Thank you very much for your feedback and positive review your opinion is very much appreciated.

Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Per night rate is about 30% more than it should be. Hotel was okay, fairly clean but needs to be renovated (although I understand they did do a recent renovation). Staff was helpful to me but while at the front desk another guest was questioning air conditioning in room. Staff agreed that a/c was broken and required replacement of the entire unit but did not offer the guest another room to finish her two night stay. Guest argued and argued until manager agreed to move her to another room. Toilet seat in our room was broken which reported immediately upon arrival. No response nor was toilet fixed. Free breakfast was good compared to similar hotels. When leaving hotel, shuttle driver was late taking guests to airport and drove ridiculously fast and irresponsibly to get us to airport on time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 997natalier
Dear Natalie R.
Thank you for your honest and open opinion, we truly value your opinion and the time you took to write the review.
We strive everyday to accommodate our guests and be reasonably priced. we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have had with the room.
We are glad to hear that you had a decent experience I hope that in the future we can make you stay a better one and that you give Red Lion Inn & Suites another try.

With much appreciation

Denver
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Using my AAA discount, I was able to book a 2 queen SUITE for less that half the price on a single at other hotels. The hotel was quality through-out - from marble countertops, to extra-high and lofty comfortable beds. Breakfast area was clean and upscale - especially compared to other places I've stayed at recently. I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know, whether travelling for business or pleasure. Don't pay for the name-brand upscale hotels - at Red Lion you get upscale for a bargain price. I will not stay at Red Lion every time I travel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

1 Thank Marilyn D
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2015
Dear Marilyn D,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver International .We are thrilled to hear we are an excellent hotel. We strive in providing our guests with outstanding quality service and are touched that you took notice. We are delighted you were able to enjoy your stay. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to Denver. Once more, thank you for reviewing the Red Lion Inn & suites Denver International Airport.

G.M
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2014

room was nice. Wall switches were very awkward and not user friendly. A/c had a habit of turning off at night. Front desk said they would send someone up. Still waiting. TV was an old cathode ray tube tv. no HD and very small. This is 2014 not 1954. WAY overpriced for what you get.

Room Tip: Plenty of hotels near this property that I would choose first from now on.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2015
Dear David C,

Thank you for your review on trip advisor.
We do apologize about the A/C not wanting to stay on, we did fix all the A/C and they all work now. The televisions are all new and they are HDs.
We hope you could give us another chance at staying in the Red Lion Inn & Suites.
If you ever have questions please don’t hesitate to give us a call we are here 24/7.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The hotel is fine, the problem is with parking. If you arrive anytime after 6pm, you will be parking somewhere on the street. It is annoying especially is you are trying to leave your car for a few days. The shuttle runs every 30 mins, so if you don't hit it just right on the way back, you will be waiting for a while. Our drive was on the phone the whole time while driving, not impressed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2015
Dear Marmishka,

Thank you for reviewing the Red Lion Inn & Suites.
We are sorry that the shuttle wasn’t there on time, also we would like to apologize for the inconvenient ride back and the unpleasant experience. We do try our hardest to help our guest needs. I hope you could give us an other chance.
Once again we do apologize.

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We were flying from SLC to OK and Frontier screwed us, so they put us up in this little disaster. The bathroom had black mold growing up the soap dish that had been caulked over. The paint was peeling pretty terribly in the bathroom, and the rest of the room felt outdated. I always check for bedbugs, abd their mattress seemed cleaner than more extensive chains I've stayed at. Their towels were crusty and scratchy on your skin, and my pillow case had black dot stains all over it. First time to stay at a Red Lion, and my last hopefully. I'll skip on Frontier air and this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Sarah P.

Let me first start by thanking you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor.
Although your stay with us wasn't the best, your feedback is greatly appreciated because it will serve us as an example of what we need to improve on for the next customer. With that being said I apologize that your experience wasn't what was expected for a Hotel. Our goal is to always help out our guest.

I hope you could give us another chance.