“Worst Check-in experience ever!”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #83 of 156 Hotels in Denver
Denver
“Worst Check-in experience ever!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I arrived at 3:00am due to a flight delay. The front desk employee was busy checking her smartphone and didn't really care about me as a customer. She was rude and I felt she didn't like her job! Bad!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Xochitl S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2015
Dear James J.

First off let me begin by apologizing on behalf of Red Lion Inn& Suites for the bad experience that you had white staying with us.
Your feedback and honest opinion serve us as a great example of what we can improve on. Our main priority is to maintain a comfortable and friendly environment for our guest.
I apologize for the bad service you had with our front desk employee, we assure you that this matter has been taken care of. we do no tolerate any bad service for our guests.
Again we apologize for the bad experience.

With much appreciation

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I had an early flight out of Denver and decided to spend the night at Red Lion prior to my flight. It was a great choice. My room was clean, breakfast was early, and shuttle was just what I needed. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone with an early flight out of Denver.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Xochitl S, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2015
Dear Stephanie S,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver International Airport. We are thrilled to hear from you. We strive in providing our guests with outstanding quality service and are touched you took notice.
If you are ever in our area again please don't hesitate to call and book your next stay with us,
once again thank you for taking the time.

Xochitl S.
Denver
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had a poor experience at this property. The 1st room I was given was 60 degrees and the heater didn't work. The employee I talked to could have cared less. I was moved to a different (less expensive) room with no compensation for the change in room rate. The room was clean and realitively quiet, but for the money I could have stayed at the Embassy Suites which is about a block away. I won't be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Xochitl S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2015
Dear Tasha R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us,
We sincerely apologize for the heater not working in the room.
I hope that the 2nd room was perfect. We try our best to please our guest in every way.
I hope you could give us another chance in staying with us.
Have a great day.

Colorado
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This hotel is close to the DIA airport off of Tower Road - very convenient. However, this formerly was a Super 8 motel that was converted to a Red Lion. Do not expect your typical Red Lion property. If staying on R&R Club points - review your bill carefully. For overnight stays to get to DIA conveniently - it is an adequate hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Thank S. D
Xochitl S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 26, 2015
Dear S.D,

Thank you for taking the time to give our Hotel a review on Trip Advisor we are pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we were able to accommodate you.
Our goal is to maintain a clean and friendly environment and we are updating out Hotel all the time to make it look better and more welcoming to our guests.

Again thank you for taking the time to give us a positive review we look forward to seeing you next time.

With much appreciation

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I shop hotels near the airport each time we fly out, some become much to expensive, with Red Lion the price was good and we were happy with the hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable. On the down side, all 8 tables in the breakfast room were dirty, no one was cleaning them, and only 2 were being used. Staff seemed to be around, but not paying attention to that area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Cindy S,

Thank you for reviewing the red Lion Inn & Suites on trip advisor.
Thank you for enjoying your stay, I am happy to hear that the room was comfortable for you guys. We shared your feedback with the breakfast attendant and she apologized for not cleaning the tables. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience in the breakfast area.
Hope you could give us another chance.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I walked in and the girl at the front desk was polite and friendly. She had my key and paperwork ready on the counter for my arrival. I never call to compliment service, and I would of if I remembered her name. The room was clean. The king size bed was very comfortable. The building itself was nice. The heater floor unit worked correctly with no squeaks or excessive noise. If you want to stay near the airport, I would recommend this hotel. Also decent price.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Xochitl S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2015
Dear Dave H,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor.
I am glad that you had a great stay with us.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Wyoming
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was put up at the Red Lion by airline when my flight was cancelled. The shuttle took 40 minutes to arrive at airport and I was not happy. Upon arrival, front desk dude was actually very nice and empathetic for my cancelled flight. They deal with this a lot. For a free room for me, they still asked what floor I would like (didn't offer me top floor which would have been good since i heard footsteps and noise from room above me until 1am) and had good customer service - until I called from room - see below. Room was ok. Large and clean. Bed was actually comfortable. The tv was older. It was very cold and the heating unit is in the window area so the bathroom remained cold. When at the airport I usually stay at nearby hotel that is twice the price so all things considered I thought the hotel was ok and would stay here again for an overnight stay.

Once in the room the front desk was nearly impossible to get a hold of -- would not answer phone. On the plus side, the shuttle to airport was on time and extremely professional. Driver made sure he had everyone. Loaded luggage on nice large shuttle and even took one couple that needed a wheelchair into airport. So if you need an ok place to sleep for a good rate and dependable shuttle to airport, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Top floor - heard footsteps from rooms above until 1am