“Excellent place to stay near DIA”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport
Ranked #83 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Denver
“Excellent place to stay near DIA”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Very friendly staff and a great value for the $. Very convienent to Denver International Airport. The hotel manager; Ms. Xochitl is the best you'll ever come across (I stay in hotels all over the country about 15 days a month).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

1 Thank Jeff Z
Xochitl S, Front Office Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 23, 2015
Dear Jeff Z,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor.
Thank you for the comment on our manager, Xochitl, Tries to help our guest as much as she can.

I hope we see you soon again.
Have a great day

Front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I live in Ft. Collins and have never stayed in Denver before a flight, but the weather was really nasty so my husband and I decided to spend the night at the Red Lion Inn and leave our car there for the duration of our trip. We found that it was cheaper to stay and leave our car there rather than to park at the airport. We also didn't have to deal with driving to the airport really early the morning of the flight on dangerous roads. We confirmed a shuttle would pick us up in time to get us to DIA in plenty of time. Wrong. Twenty minutes after the shuttle was supposed to arrive we ended up driving ourselves to the airport. We had prepaid for 10 days of parking. When I called for a refund I was told that I needed to provide proof of where my car was parked. The fact was that I paid to park at the hotel and trusted they would deliver my family to DIA in time for our flight. Neither services were provided and I had to jump through hoops to get my money back. The stay was satisfactory but the hassle of getting my money back while being forced to pay 3 times the planned rate for parking made this a very disappointing experience. I won't stay there again and won't recommend the hotel. Such a shame for such an easy problem to solve.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Amy C
colorado city, United States
Reviewed December 5, 2013

great, nice and toasty considering it was 0 degress outside, staff cleared the snow from our auto"s, how great is that ? very friendly staff, shuttle service excellent, prompt and friendly, thanks. frieds from colorado

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Clifford G
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2015
Dear Clifford G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us thru trip advisor
we appreciate your positive feedback.
How ever I do apologize its taking us so long to get back to you,
if you are ever in our area here in Denver please don't hesitate to book your next stay here with us.
Once again thank you for your time.

Xochitl Saldana.
G.M
Edwards, Colorado
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This review has nothing to do with the hotel, just the shuttle service. The website, and the driver told me that it runs every 10 minutes. When arriving back into Denver and calling to request the shuttle I was told it would be 30 minutes. I asked why it was going to be 30 minutes when both the website and the driver told me it ran every 10 minutes, I was told they were only running one shuttle with one driver that day. I asked to talk to a supervisor and was informed I was talking to the manager, she reiterated that it would be 30 minutes. At this point I asked her to pay for my taxi since the website and driver had mislead me. She said no, I then asked a competing hotel shuttle if they would drop me off for a good tip, they agreed, dropped me at my car and I gave him $7.00 for this service. Well worth saving 20 minutes of my valuable time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Thanks to an airline that shall remain unnamed, I missed my connection in Denver from the East Coast, back to the West Coast. I was set up at Red Lion Inn Suites.

I arrived very late, but the staff was very friendly. They have a free shuttle service to, and from the airport every half hour. I was able to sign up for the next morning's shuttle during my checkin.

I walked up to my room, and the furniture/TV was a little outdated, but when you are at an airport hotel, who cares about that, right? Most importantly, the room was clean and very quiet. Despite my fear of not waking up & missing my flight, I slept very comfortably.

The breakfast started very early ( I think 5 am?). I was impressed by the food options. In addition to everything from your standard cereal, bagel, english muffin, oat meal, yogurt hard boiled eggs, they also had "warm" breakfast (some eggs, sausage, potatoes, and make your own waffle machine!).

All in all, despite the circumstances, I had an excellent short stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mikimas202
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2015
Dear mikimas202,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver International Airport. We are thrilled to hear we are a “great hotel”. We work hard in providing our guests with a memorable experience and are so pleased to have accomplished said task. As you mentioned, we do offer complimentary breakfast and are delighted you were able to enjoy it during your stay. We hope to see you again, during your next trip to Denver. Once more, thank you for reviewing Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver International Airport.

Xochilt Saldana.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

$99 10-min free shuttle to airport $40 one way taxi downtown free continental breakfast nice pool and two jacuzzis open 24/7, clean, attentive staff, restaurants in walking distance, only negative is distance downtown without rental car

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank aar095
Xochitl S, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2015
Dear aar095,

Thank you for the good review about the Red Lion Inn & Suite. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. People will find that information helpful when they decide to go to downtown.
Whenever you are in our area don’t hesitate to walk in and schedule your next reservation,

Xochitl Saldana
GM
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We booked this hotel completly on spec for the night before our morning flight from Denver and found it to be an excellent hotel at a very good price. A large room with plenty of space to spread ourselves around with a good comfortable bed. A big plus is the complimentary shuttle which leaves every half hour and we found to be very reliable with a courteous service. As an even bigger plus we had booked to take our rental car back the evening before and on asking the reception staff how we could get back they said no problem just give us a call when you are ready and we will send the shuttle for you which they did. Very helpful staff, excellent value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jaguar55
Dear Jaguar55,

I would like to take this moment to thank you for taking the time to write us a review thru trip advisor,
We always appreciate the good feedback from our valued guests .
How ever I do apologize for taking this long to get back to you.
If you are ever in our area here in Denver please don't hesitate to give us a call to book your next stay here with us.

Once again
Thank you for your time.

Xochitl Saldana