“Food is good but lacking on the friendly”
Review of The Lobby

The Lobby
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lobby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #284 of 3,271 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Five Points
Cross street: 22nd St.
Description: The Lobby is at heart a neighborhood restaurant and bar dishing up American fare that will make you feel right at home. Originally opened in 2009 The Lobby has continuously strived to be an oasis in the city with no fear of adapting to our ever-evolving guests. With a new vision and fresh energy, we have created a menu that fits our new mantra: Playful Eats. Serious Drinks. With 20 craft beers on draft, our famous bottomless mimosas, a seasonal cocktail list and a historic building that features the unique and beautiful Courtyard Patio, we're here for you to gather, feast and imbibe. We are proud to be a family owned business, and endeavor to support other Colorado owned businesses whenever we can. When possible, we make all of our dishes are made from scratch using fresh, local ingredients, including those from our neighbors at Happy Leaf Kombucha and Great Divide Brewing Company. We are avid supporters of Colorado breweries and distilleries, featuring a rotating and growing selection that compliments the seasons and our menu. Please, enjoy your time at The Lobby, tell all of your friends, and let us know what you think!
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stopped in to eat lunch here while arriving into Denver. There are some homeless folks outside and one of them followed us into the restaurant, asking us to buy them food the entire way. I feel uncomfortable even mentioning this, but the staff never even asked the person to leave. The homeless lady stuck around which made our dining experience kinda weird.

The food was amazing! We loved the beer, egg salad sandwich, grilled cheese and soup.

The service was severely lacking in the friendly department. Our server never smiled, when I asked him a recommendation he just said "eh, it's okay". Good lord man, smile...give me something here!

The water faucet in the ladies room would not turn off, we told our less than friendly server and he just walked away. Meanwhile another man came running down the steps, asked if anyone was in the ladies room and ran into action like the world was ending.

I don't know this place is is kinda weird. They act pretty put out by customers and I didn't feel the happy vibe here.
Not coming back.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Greatest brunch. Wonderful patio setting. The perfect spot for a quick bite before a Rockie's game. They serve breakfast ALL Day. Loved the salmon entre for dinner. And they have Malbec wine. What more could you possibly ask for. Can't say enough good things about this little gem of a place tucked in LODO. Oh yes. The staff is exceptional. Timing perfect. Do I love this restaurant? You bet!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've been a big fan of the lobby since I moved to Denver 3 years ago. Good food, consistent service, and I love relaxing on their patio in the private courtyard.
I hadn't been there for some time, so I was looking forward to taking some friends that had just moved to Denver to dinner there.
I noticed several menu changes, and it seems they're focusing more on munchy plates than full meals. Alas, the wonderful chicken fried chicken is no longer on the menu...
My friends and I all ordered different entrees and shared. They were good, but the portions were noticeably small. I wouldn't have minded if the prices matched the portion sizes, but they were full priced entrees for small appetizer sized bites.
Service was adequate, but nothing to rave about. Water glasses remained empty for a long time, and I was surprised to see another server with a water pitcher walk right by our table full of empty glasses.... Teamwork, y'all! That's what makes great service!
Based on their website they seem to want to emphasize the bar/drinks more than the food. I hope they realize drinks aren't a long term signature draw, but great food is. Please rework the menu! And, of course, put the fried chicken back on it!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We happened upon this restaurant after enjoying a couple of beers at The Great Divide brewery. The menu had different options, which was awesome. The food was great, and when we go back to Denver, this will be a place we will definitely go to! The staff were cordial, and the beer variety was good. The staff were knowledgeable about the beers and very helpful (to us tourists). Yummy $1 mimosas. It was too cold to sit outside, but they have a nice courtyard.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My husband ordered the tater tots and I was so jealous of them...they are amazing and not to be missed. I had the cheese steak...it is not your usual cheese steak. No bread here. But the steak was cooked to perfection and the cheese sauce...I would bathe in it it was so good. The drinks were great as well. There were plenty of beers for the beer lover and I had the pumpkin rushin...omg was it good. The drinks are all expertly made and simply to die for. I loved this place and can't wait to visit Denver again so I can order my own tater tots.