The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Predictable but Fun

This is rough for an introvert, but for anyone else it's ridiculously funny, will make you laugh... read more

Reviewed November 9, 2018
ColoradoTravelsWorld
Entertaining way to spend the evening

Fun way to spend and evening. You do have to be a bit of a social butterfly to make it successful... read more

Reviewed April 15, 2018
travelfamilyfun5
Ogden, Utah

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Denver
Brews & Views
2 Reviews
from $89.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2015 via mobile

Food was above average, show was entertaining and good fun. Tiny bit crude, some potty humor,
I am a bit creeped out though, I sat next to a "murdere" all night though.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank wolfepakt
Reviewed August 3, 2015

We held an annual conference at the Antlers Hilton and booked The Dinner Detective for our group dinner. We were looking for something new and different and this definitely fit the bill. The staff at Dinner Detective were extremely accommodating and easy to work with. They have very detailed information making it easy for the meeting planner, and they make an effort to customize some of the references to your group to personalize it. They're very organized and have their process down so that they get your group checked in and have all the handouts and clues needed. The show itself is very broad and cheesy (this is not a Tony-winning play)....but that was what I expected. Our group seemed to really enjoy it and got into the spirit of it. Several of our group were "suspects" and that added to the fun. It definitely helped that the whole group were our conference attendees, so most everyone knew each other. I think going with a large group is the way to go. The hotel food was just okay -- some said theirs was really good while others said not great. Overall, it was a fun evening and our group seemed to enjoy it.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed June 8, 2015

I was in Denver to see a performance of Wicked with friends and planned to stay overnight. I was looking for other things to do around the Denver Center for Performing Arts and came across Dinner Detective, so I got tickets.

It was a fun evening. We got to know the other people sitting at our table.

The food was just ok, not great and the cocktails are overpriced (not included in the cost of the ticket".

If you're in the mood for something fun, social and out-of-the-ordinary, this will be a great experience.

The actors do a good job of including the audience and it's almost impossible not to socialize with other participants.

Date of experience: June 2015
2  Thank rcvanoz
Reviewed February 17, 2015

We had the time of our lives!!!! What an absolutely FUN evening we all had!!! I honestly can't remember having more fun in years!! There was such a GREAT group of people & our tables had so many interactive, talkative, fun people it was just too much fun! The staff was INCREDIBLE!!! The host was AMAZING!!! I can't recommend anything more, just make your reservations & get ready for a super evening!!!

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed September 13, 2014

Absolutely Horrid !!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrived to a brown ring around my bread plate that I could literally scratch off with my fingernail. Had something that looked like bug guts on a windshield on my butter knife and that was just the beginning. The acting was absolutely awful. When my wife's chicken arrived there was obvious blood, there's no way the kitchen staff didn't notice that. She didn't even need to cut into it, it was right there on top. The rawness was even worse when you actually did look deeper. The green and wax beans still had leaves on them, they weren't even properly cleaned before being cooked.

To call these people actors puts down high school drama students. The dead body actually got up and ran off again after handing the "detectives" a clue. We were in a rectangular, not very large room and they were basically yelling. Detective Hialeah made a completely off color joke -- "decide who you think is the most artistic person at your table, now now be nice, we said artistic" this is obviously and absolutely a joke toward autistic as nothing else rhymes with artistic. When I brought it to the attention of the staff they brought her to me to apologize. She said I heard a noise so I wanted to make sure everyone heard me. If she'd heard a noise at the far end of said room she could've made sure the tables at that end had understood her, not say it loud enough that the entire room could here her little joke. I merely said "I'm sure" to which she responded "I'm done apologizing" and walked off.

We were not the only ones to leave. The couple next to us said that their 8yr old granddaughter could do a better acting job and they left directly after the salad portion of the meal.

I've been to a few murder mystery dinners and I've never been more disgusted by the quality. I've been to many a location in the Hilton family and never have I had worse service, such filth or more disgusting food.

Don't waste your time or your money.

Date of experience: September 2014
5  Thank CandiAnne
Stephen W, Owner at The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2014

Hi CandiAnne-

We sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Dinner Detective at the Antlers Hilton. We have passed along your food service comments to the hotel and will update you with their response.

We agree with you that the comment you heard was offensive. After our actor made the "artistic" statement, an audience member who was not part of our cast made the comment in question, to which our actor responded and shut that person down. Since our show is heavily interactive, we are never sure what the audience is going to contribute to the show, and we are sorry that another audience member contributed to your negative experience.

The Dinner Detective aims to provide top-notch service and entertainment. Unfortunately we did not do so in your case, and we are deeply sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations.