The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show
Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Predictable but Fun

This is rough for an introvert, but for anyone else it's ridiculously funny, will make you laugh... read more

Reviewed November 9, 2018
ColoradoTravelsWorld
Entertaining way to spend the evening

Fun way to spend and evening. You do have to be a bit of a social butterfly to make it successful... read more

Reviewed April 15, 2018
travelfamilyfun5
Ogden, Utah

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Denver
Brews & Views
2 Reviews
from $89.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 13, 2014

Absolutely Horrid !!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrived to a brown ring around my bread plate that I could literally scratch off with my fingernail. Had something that looked like bug guts on a windshield on my butter knife and that was just the beginning. The acting was absolutely awful. When my wife's chicken arrived there was obvious blood, there's no way the kitchen staff didn't notice that. She didn't even need to cut into it, it was right there on top. The rawness was even worse when you actually did look deeper. The green and wax beans still had leaves on them, they weren't even properly cleaned before being cooked.

To call these people actors puts down high school drama students. The dead body actually got up and ran off again after handing the "detectives" a clue. We were in a rectangular, not very large room and they were basically yelling. Detective Hialeah made a completely off color joke -- "decide who you think is the most artistic person at your table, now now be nice, we said artistic" this is obviously and absolutely a joke toward autistic as nothing else rhymes with artistic. When I brought it to the attention of the staff they brought her to me to apologize. She said I heard a noise so I wanted to make sure everyone heard me. If she'd heard a noise at the far end of said room she could've made sure the tables at that end had understood her, not say it loud enough that the entire room could here her little joke. I merely said "I'm sure" to which she responded "I'm done apologizing" and walked off.

We were not the only ones to leave. The couple next to us said that their 8yr old granddaughter could do a better acting job and they left directly after the salad portion of the meal.

I've been to a few murder mystery dinners and I've never been more disgusted by the quality. I've been to many a location in the Hilton family and never have I had worse service, such filth or more disgusting food.

Don't waste your time or your money.

Date of experience: September 2014
5  Thank CandiAnne
Stephen W, Owner at The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2014

Hi CandiAnne-

We sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Dinner Detective at the Antlers Hilton. We have passed along your food service comments to the hotel and will update you with their response.

We agree with you that the comment you heard was offensive. After our actor made the "artistic" statement, an audience member who was not part of our cast made the comment in question, to which our actor responded and shut that person down. Since our show is heavily interactive, we are never sure what the audience is going to contribute to the show, and we are sorry that another audience member contributed to your negative experience.

The Dinner Detective aims to provide top-notch service and entertainment. Unfortunately we did not do so in your case, and we are deeply sorry that your experience did not live up to your expectations.

Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

Our family of six visited for something new to do and weren't disappointed. The acting cast were super friendly as soon as we walked through the door. All the seats were great but our family was front and center. The summertime kids shows are super affordable without the food; a great to see what this venue us about to determine whether to come back as a couple on weekend adult nights.

The show was super interactive in figuring out clues and getting audience participation from all corners of the room.

My only complaint is that the venue could maybe spruce up the theater room with some affordable updates like new table clothes.

We will be back. The experience outweighed any dated decor.

2  Thank Tiffany B
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I loved this show, we went for a "bachelorette" outing prior to my sister's wedding and we had such a great time. We laughed so hard! But, keep in mind that it is what you make of it, you HAVE to engage socially in order to get the full experience. If you are very shy and not willing to talk to people you don't know, then make sure you fill a table with people you DO know who ARE ougoing... The actors and hosts are super friendly as well. Enjoy!!

Date of experience: November 2013
3  Thank Ana P
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was on a business trip and I went there with a few colleagues to have a night out. The show was really funny and the actors were really good in engaging the audience. We laughed a lot.

The food was a little disappointing: it was not particularly bad, but more of a nondescript school cafeteria-like meal. Drinks were reasonably cheap.

All in all, it was worth going for the show. A very enjoyable evening.

Date of experience: May 2013
5  Thank EnricoS625
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was the worst event/show my wife and I have ever attended. The people were weird, their was no plot, the food was bad. We had an obnoxious drunk lady at our table that wouldn't stop "interogating" us. We left about 2/3 of the way through because we couldn't take it anymore and should have left earlier. (The 2 "detective" actors gave it their best shot and were mildly funny. I laughed once or twice.). We went on Valentines Day and my wife cried all the way home.

2  Thank XJetter

Hi XJetter-

We apologize for your negative experience with us. The Dinner Detective is very different from traditional murder mystery dinner shows, and while we encourage our audience to interact with each other in a positive and non-pushy manner, that does not always happen as it should. Thank you for your comments, and we hope to be able to entertain you soon.