“First-rate ice cream and treats”

Sweet Action Ice Cream
Ranked #10 of 69 Dessert in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Great ice cream shop - makes their own ice cream sandwiches and has vegan flavors
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Sweet Action is a popular place and features many interesting flavor combinations of both ice cream and sorbet. Some are a little unusual, but they have plenty of middle of the road flavors. They have excellent home made waffle cones, and they also have gluten free cake cones if you need them. We had chocolate toffee, blood orange sorbet, vanilla bean and another flavor I don't recall. I had a hot fudge sundae with their home made fudge, which was very good and not too sweet. The ice cream is high quality but not super fatty, reminded me slightly of Breyer's. This is a great local business, and I'd highly recommend it. PS - check out the interesting ice cream sandwiches in their freezer.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stopped in yesterday. They had lots of folks working, which made the line move quickly. We tried honey cornbread, almond toffee, salted butterscotch, and pistachio. We all agreed the ice cream was good, but the flavors were not very pronounced, I was thinking honey jalapeno cornbread would be a good flavor for them to make, The cost was less than $3 per scoop, and the restaurants were very clean.

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I like ice cream and we have had more than one "average" experience at Sweet Action. The staff has been less than excited to help us and sometimes we feel like an inconvenience. This last time I tried 2 different flavors (chocolate stout and salted butterscotch) and neither tasted like anything other than cream and ice. Then I felt bad that I spent so much for it.

1  Thank Cashmoney_ne
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a great place to try! Very creative with a great variety of flavors - some flavors made with beer, coffee, you name it! Convenient area to walk around and shop while you eat as well. Very open and inviting atmosphere. A bit pricey - but you are getting 'specialty' ice cream.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Sweet Action is just the BEST ice cream anywhere! The flavors they com up with are awesome and delicious.......if you can imagine it frozen into delicious ice cream, they can do it!!! DO NOT miss Sweet Action if you, live in Denver, travel to Denver or just LOVE great ice cream, you will not be disappointed!!!!