“Excellent stay close to DIA with convenient shuttle”

HYATT House Denver Airport
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Incredibly responsive front desk personnel gave me the option of 4 different room locations and let me choose. When was the last time you had quality service such as this to actually experience the customer choosing from more than one option? On time shuttle service to DIA leaves every 45 minutes starting at 4 AM. Shuttle pickup service from DIA was fairly prompt-only waited less than 10 min. Nice indoor hot tub and pool area-wanted to come back after I checked out to enjoy the hot tub again! Only recommended improvement comment-please consider a small "Grab and Go" prepacked breakfast bag for early flight customers filled with a piece of fruit and maybe a bagel with an individual cream cheese and/or butter tub, since breakfast is not open early enough for early flyers. My bedside alarm clock was malfunctioning which they promptly replaced, but unfortunately they preset the alarm clock off by 12 hours, so my alarm clock didn't go off for my early morning flight. Luckily had asked for 3 wake-up calls so not a problem, but I would have been extremely upset if only relied on the replacement clock the front desk manager hand delivered to my room. Would stay here again without hesitation. Very light sleeper had no noise problems so close to DIA. Nice HD TV with a 180 degree swivel between bed and sofa.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank BeachandSail4me
HSSDIA, Front Office Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear BeachandSail4me,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to give us your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for your positive feedback.

Arturo Mejia
Front Office Manager
Hyatt House

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here with points and loved the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite with fold out couch and kitchen. This place was perfect for a family of six! Employees were friendly. Only disappointment for my kids was no homemade waffle machine. The omelette station breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Texans112

Dear Texans112,

Again, thank you for such a positive feedback.

Arturo Mejia
Front Office Manager
Hyatt House

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This Hyatt House is a short drive from the airport. I had not previously stayed at a Hyatt House before this trip but after staying and reading about their properties I will definitely stay with them for longer business trips.

The rooms are clean and sleekly designed. The complimentary breakfast buffet was standard. Go for the made-to-order omelettes. I read on a brochure in the hotel that if you give them a grocery list when you leave in the morning, they will do your grocery shopping for you. I didn't try it but I might test it out next time.

Quick Tip: Bring your own lotion. I didn't bring any assuming they would have some in the hotel room and had dry skin for the length of my stay. Shampoo, conditioner and a bar of soap were provided.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sdsurfkitty
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear sdsurfkitty:

Thank you so much for being our guest in December! We are glad that you enjoyed your hotel stay with us! You are correct! We are close to DIA. In fact, we are the closest hotel to DIA. We appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt. Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I arrived late from international flight. First off - the shuttle for the hotel arrived promptly and the driver was incredibly nice. Next, desk clerk - efficient, pleasant. I was starving and wanted a drink. She pointed me to their market - good enough at midnite and got me a glass of wine. Next, room - wonderful - spacious, quiet, nice amenities, wifi good, 2 tv's, all great. Only complaint there is that I was on ground floor and they should have some better curtains so that you can have light into room from outside but people not see in.
Next morning - again, great shuttle driver. I needed to pick up a rental car. He dropped off other passengers then actually drive me to the rental car place so I didn't have to take another bus.
Just great service, great room. And I've stayed at a lot of places

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank chinookgeo
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Chinookgeo:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review!! We appreciate your feedback in regards to our hotel shuttle and night audit host team. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on the 15th of November, for we planned to leave the car and use the shuttle when we returned on the 23rd.

We arrived late on the 15th and had an early departure the following morning. We booked the shuttle, and we're they only ones to depart. When we showed up, the shuttle driver was reading the paper.. And wasn't gonna budge a minute before the scheduled time. We were on our way to vacation, so I blew it off.

When we returned, it was 27 degrees outside. I called to ensure the shuttle was on its way.. 5 to 10 minutes. 40 minutes later I called, it hadn't even left yet... Worse still it would be another 25 minutes before it departs to come pick us up.

We took a taxi, as the room was prepaid.. Otherwise would have gone elsewhere. When we arrived the same shuttle driver and the hotel manager were standing at the check in desk.

They then tried to say they were at the airport, and we must have missed them... Even when I explained that would have been impossible, let alone that she said it never left, after previously telling me 5 minutes.

Worse experience ever. Had a similar experience before here, so much for seconded chances.

This time after being checked in, we got the worse beat up room ever.. Sad this was a new hotel... And I like Hyatt.

Will seek other accommodations, especially if you need to use the shuttle.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank World_Travelor81082
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear World Travelor 81:

Thank you for being our guest. I read your comments, and I am so sorry that this was your experience. We will certainly use your experience as a learning opportunity for our team. I am not sure why you were not picked up. However, I can say that I am sorry and that at Hyatt, we strive for excellence. I am sorry that we were far below that threshold. Please accept my sincerest apology.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Nice hotel with great staff very helpful and friendly
Great airport shuttle and nice comfortable rooms
Nice to have food and beverage options late at night
Good breakfast buffet too
Only negatives were the small bathroom and housekeeping knocking on the door at 730 am on Sunday

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cowinegirl
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear cowinegirl:

Thank you SO much for being our guest. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and our pleasant hotel team! We sorry about your early morning housekeeping wake-up call. We do hope to see you again!

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Last day of the trip, wanted to be close to the airport. Nice clean room, small kitchen and updated bathroom. Almost every channel you can think of on Dish network. Great little area with a gas station on the corner and plenty of restaurants.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aaronstt
HSSDIA, General Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear aaronstt:

Thank you SO much for your thoughtful review! I am glad that you enjoyed our suite rooms with very extended cable television channels! We are the closet hotel to the airport so that is very convenient for our guests! We look forward to seeing you again!