“Great Value”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Great Value”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very nice for the price. I was so happy with my room and my entire stay. I stayed 8 nights over the New Years. The room was great! I loved the separate areas of the room and the TV on a swivel. I bring along an assortment of digital media items, so it was really cool to see the console with the HDMI port, the RGB-PC, and and AV outlets ready for me on a separate console!! The kitchenette with the microwave, dishwasher, and full size fridge came in handy. The bathroom was spacious and immaculately clean. The linens were soft and fresh smelling. Most of all, the housekeeping people were so very nice! All of them were so polite and friendly.

I really loved the complimentary food and drinks in the evening and the complimentary hot breakfast in the AM. The coffee and wine were great tasting and good quality. They could work on keeping an eye on the food to refill it when it gets low, because I noticed on several occasions it had to be asked to be refilled.

I would highly recommend. If I ever need a hotel in the Denver area again, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HSSDIA, Front Office Manager at HYATT House Denver Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We appreciate your comments and hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (303) 628-7777.

Hyatt House

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2013

A friend recommended this place to us and we were very glad that she did. After a long flight from London this was the perfect stopover before another flight early the next morning. The free shuttle was convenient and the driver very friendly, providing free bottled water as we boarded the bus. The drive was to the hotel was no more than 15 minutes. Check in was quick and efficient.

The one bed appartment style room was excellent. Full kitchen even including a dishwasher, dining table and chairs, corner sofa, large TV with DVD player. Separate bedroom with king sized bed and bathroom with double sized shower cubicle.

There's an onsite mini mart so we were able to buy cereal, fruit and milk as we were leaving before the free breakfast service the following morning.

The evening social (as they call it) was great. Basicall a free evening meal of chilli, potato skins, various dips and salads, along with free wine, beer and soft drinks. There's no restaurant on site, but there seemed to be plenty of eateries close by (walkable in warmer weather or a very easy drive).

Wifi was also free and in full working order.

In the morning, check out and the shuttle back to the airport all worked well.

Can't fault this place and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We chose a high floor with a view of the mountains. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 29, 2012

The room was spacious and new. It was clean but did notice some hairs around the bathroom which should have been vacuumed up. Additionally, the room had a cleaner or carpet cleaner smell which if you are sensitive to smells may not be the room for you.
They did have free wine or beer happy hour along with snacks

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on short notice for just one night. I got a king sized bed and a nice kitchen for $84. I was very impressed. TV in living and bed room. Nice people too. They provide shuttle to and from airport. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian M

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My adult daughter and I stayed at this hotel as we had a flight out of Denver the following morning. Our needs for an airport hotel were: Wifi in the rooms, 24 hour shuttle service, long term parking and a restaurant/bar open until at least 10 pm. This hotel SEEMED to fit our needs.

We arrived around 3/4 pm and check in went smoothly. We both had work to finish as we had left our offices early. When we tried to connect to the internet, it was not working. After trying everything possible (my daughter works for a computer related company) we called the front desk to tell them we couldn't connect. They treated us as if we had never seen a computer before and when told we had tried all the things they told us to, they said well, do you want us to come up and "show you how"? So we said Yes.........they, of course, couldn't connect either and perplexed said they would contact someone and be back "in a few minutes". Over an hour later we went to the "business center" which had two computers....luckily both available and connected.

When we asked the girl who came up why she hadn't bothered to come back to our room or at least call, she said they were busy. Then she said she had just left a note for us in the room...............I have the note which says that they regret for the internet being slow (we couldn't get on) but "someone must be downloading a file." We were welcome to work in the lobby as the internet was working there.

Giving up work and doing the absolute necessities on the house computers, we decided a drink might be in order and tried to find the bar/restaurant. Turns out that we had been there and didn't realize it. The bar and restaurant consists of a 6foot long bar with 4 stools and some muffins in a case. So we had an expensive glass of wine "at the bar." Realizing that dinner might be an ordeal as there was no restaurant we were relieved to find that there are some restaurants near.......a cold and dangerous road to cross to get there. (no place for anyone who can't walk in the snow).

Then we set up the shuttle. Seems the shuttle is one van. It is available from 430 AM until 12 midnight. We had to (and were going to anyway) change hotels for our return.......and pick up the car later since we were going to arrive after 12 midnight.

The condescending girls behind the desk need some training. Our room furniture was very worn (think thrift store)as was the carpet. The bathroom was done very cheaply and the towels had seen better days. The heater did not work properly.........too hot or too cold.......so much for Hyatt.

The car park worked fine.

Room Tip: try another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank homeygmom
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be shared.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (303) 628-7777

Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I really liked this hotel. I only stayed for a few days for work, but in that stay it was nice. I liked the complimentary drinks and snacks from 5-7. The rooms were awesome. The bed was comfortable, the shower was cool, and it had a good view from my room. It was very close to the airport as well which was also a bonus. It felt really clean and the staff was nice as well. The only thing that kind of sucked was a weird smell on the 4th floor for a couple days. I got used to it, but it was kind of bad the first two days.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JhnChase

Reno, NV
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We spent Thanksgiving with family in the Denver area. We had an early a.m. flight so wanted to be closer to the airport. After reading Trip Advisor's reviews, we booked a room at the Hyatt house Denver Airport. It was perfect. Very friendly, even when arriving late at night and leaving early the next a.m. The room was the biggest surprise with a full kitchen, nice living room, separate bedroom and very nice bathroom. The entire hotel seemed very clean. Because our visit was so brief, I cannot comment on the breakfast choices. The only negative was our shower had a very weak water flow. From other comments, that must not be true for everyone. Also, very convenient for getting to the airport. We were so impressed, we've already booked another night for our visit to Denver for the Christmas holidays.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple