“Fun place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lala's Wine Bar & Pizzeria

Lala's Wine Bar & Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Lala's Wine Bar & Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #284 of 2,977 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar, American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We sat at the "Chef's Table" which is a bar overlooking the kitchen. The staff is so friendly and always checking to see how things are going. We shared a pizza with asparagus, fresh mozzarella, portobello mushrooms and pesto. It was delicious. The crust is super thin. They have a great happy hour, too.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Marietta, Georgia
“Still Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We love this restaurant and bar. The service, food and atmosphere have always been stellar. try the fried artichokes or the flat bread with different spreads to start with and then we love their pizza's. They're very inventive.

• Visited July 2012
“Even Grandpa loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Terrific spot. Fresh food. Beautiful presentation. Friendly staff. Will be on our Denver list every time. Pay extra attention to the "specials" always a new treat.

Lafayette, Colorado
“Good food bad service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2012

We took out son to Lala for his birthday. Unfortunately it was a bit disappointing. The water was brought to the table when we sat down and the drink order and ordouver orders were taken. Then we waited 45 minutes before I finally caught the waitress walking by and asked her when our drinks and ordouvers were coming. She did compensate us for the long wait, but honestly it made a poor start to our celebratory meal. Speaking of the meal, it was good and a good value for the price. I really enjoyed the side salad that was filled with fresh parmesan cheese and olives. For me the place was noisy, but I think it is part of the ambiance that the younger crowd like. Because of that reason I give Lala's an average rating.

• Visited January 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Denver
“Left me cold...much like my sandwich”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

Wow. Just…wow. I really, really wanted to like Lala’s. We had our annual book club holiday dinner there last night and I arrived ravenous after checking out all the yummy-sounding things on the menu. Sadly, this review will not be glowing.
I’m a pretty patient person. Especially when I know (or anticipate) I’m getting something good, but the fact that it took over two hours for 8 of us to eat (dessert not included) was a bit ridiculous.

The place was busy for a Monday night, but there seemed to be plenty of servers milling about. A friend and I joined our group at 7 p.m. and waited at least 15 minutes for anyone to come take our drink order. We finally got something ordered and 10 minutes later when it arrived we ordered a cheese and meat plate for an app. “Surprise us!” we said to our server. We weren’t picky and we trusted her judgment. A runner brought the platter out so we had no idea what kind of cheese/meat our server selected. It was okay though – a little too heavy for my taste. We also ordered two baskets of bread for the meat and cheese, but only received one. One person in our group had to ask twice for a clean fork – the second time was after our server brought him his salad. I swear every time our server said “Sure, I’ll be right back” it was at least another 15 minutes until we saw her again.

I ordered the Eggplant Parma sandwich and a bowl of French onion soup – their soup special of the day. Two other guys in the group ordered it as well, and received it with their entrees. But the server told me “That eggplant parma is right behind me, but we’re out of French onion soup.” I was bummed, passed on the tomato bisque she offered instead and just stuck with the sandwich…10 minutes after it was “right behind her.” Apparently it wasn’t spending that last 10 minutes under any kind of heat lamp because when I took my first bite it was lukewarm at best. The entire thing was just so slow. One person didn’t get his second drink (ordered mid-meal) until just before the check arrived! Dessert? No thanks – I had to be at work this morning.

I'd probably give Lala's 2 stars – one for the atmosphere and one for the Lala Rickey – a fantastic cocktail made with gin, lemon, honey and soda. Everyone has an off night, so I’ll go back. Just not any time soon.

• Visited December 2011