Tripadvisor

Reviewed October 24, 2019
KernBaker
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
via mobile
Classic cocktails in a classy bar

Reviewed July 14, 2019

from $63.00
from $129.00
from $40.00
More Info
All reviews gin fizz pre prohibition craft cocktails cool vibe blazer bartender kiss widow knickerbocker champa bartending downtown beer artists
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2019 via mobile

I had heard that Union Lodge No. 1 was kind of a throwback place that specializes in vintage cocktails.... well that’s true!
A small place with a great vibe and server/mixologists that know craft cocktails!!

The drinks were innovative and most of all tasty!!
The attention to detail with the ice, garnishes and ingredients know no equal.
If you want a beer, this isn’t the place!
If you want a Widow’s Kiss and a Knickerbocker, or one of the drinks described on their menu this is for you.
We will be back !!

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed September 19, 2019

After 3 days of beer I was ready to change it up a little and we decided to have a nice cocktail on the way to dinner. Union lodge was on route and with the good reviews and having a quick look at the menu this looked like our kind of place.

It was busy, with after work drinkers but we were lucky to get the last two seats at the bar. There is plenty of choice on the menu and with a few specials and seasonal options too, there is always something new for the regulars to try.

Our server was friendly and allowed us to take our time as we were quite slow at making our mind up, but the cocktails were good, well made I just felt mine (Lincoln Club Cup) was missing a tiny something, but I think that’s because I don’t usually order long cocktails but was in need of a bit of liquid. So that was possibly down to my personal taste as I usually pick something with a bit more of a kick. By contrast my husbands Widow’s Kiss packed a punch in all the right ways.

The lively atmosphere, choice of quality drinks and impressive interior make it a brilliant spot for a drink or two in Downtown. We wish we had more time in Denver to appreciate it.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

This is a very nice place to enjoy a classic cocktail with a fun twist. The bar is inviting and comfortable and the bartenders/servers were true professionals.

Reviewed July 2, 2019

In Denver for business and working long hours. Union Lodge No. 1 was recommended as a nice place for after work. We went there and had a great experience. The place was packed but the owner found the two of us a nice place at the bar. Bartenders have some really nice original drinks but they also have an fairly extensive wine list. We picked an Italian Barolo (they recommended) and it matched my wife's (grass fed) filet mignon really well and my prime rib. The atmosphere has a very cool vibe and the decor is slightly modern but very welcoming. Definitely going back next time in Denver.

Reviewed June 10, 2019 via mobile

Delicious cocktails. Great service and atmosphere. Great date night option. Not sure what you want? Just ask and they will make you a concoction that will please!!