“A delightful indulgence in local epicurean fare”

Culinary Connectors' Culinary Tours
Ranked #35 of 73 Food & Drink in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Calling all Mile High City foodies! Get a behind the scenes, exclusive peek into the dining world with one of Culinary Connectors' tours. Embark on a culinary journey for delicious visits to some of the city's best restaurants, with exclusive access, chef meet 'n' greets, yummy tastes and refreshing beverages. Culinary Connectors offers walking tours, top restaurant tours, and craft beer tours weekly.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My wife, our friends and I had an absolutely wonderful time on our Highlands neigborhood tour. We stopped at four different venues and each was unique in terms of both fare and personality. It was very interesting to learn some of the history of each restaurant as shared by the owner or long-time employee. The food was prepared in just the right portions and the drink pairings were right on the money. The brief walks between restaurants were invigorating and our tour guide, Becky, has a charming personality and was full of great information. We will recommend Culinary Connectors to all of our food snob friends!

Reviewed June 15, 2011

If I had to do it over again, I'd just use the hundred dollars *A HEAD* that the members of our group spent and just enjoy a meal at one (or more) of any of the three restaurants we visited. If you do take the tour, make sure you eat beforehand because although this is a tour for "foodies", there was hardly any food served- Maybe it's not the fault of Culinary Collectors but the pics on tripadisor show what appear to be some reasonable servings - what we had were tiny morsel samplings. And I stress - samplings. It can be a bit much with all the wine that is served.
The tour guide Becky though, was great. She is a real asset to this tour experience!
Becky was so nice, and tried so hard that I hate to give a bad review, but honestly, there is just nothing more that this tour offers that you couldn't get yourself by just going to the restaurant and talking to the staff, except maybe the ride in the van between restaurants.

1  Thank Pepperoneez
culinaryconnectors, Owner at Culinary Connectors' Culinary Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2011

Dear Pepperoneez,

Thank you for taking time to write your review of your experience on a recent Denver Top Restaurant Tour. I am sorry to hear that your tour was not what you were expecting. The Top Restaurant Tour is designed and promoted to introduce our guests to some of Denver's best restaurants through sampling food paired with a beverage and with chef interaction.

After talking with Becky the tour guide, my understanding of the food and beverage served is as follows: at Strings Chef Lance served a duck with a cherry compote tasting paired with an Owen Roe Sharecropper pinot noir followed by a mixed berry and ice cream dessert course paired with a sparkling rose. True to String's hospitality, they will refill glasses unless a guest asks them not to.

At Solera, the chef presented a tasting plate of fresh cauliflower soup, a green salad and finished with a tomato and pork belly dish, each course was paired with a different wine from their sommelier who also toured the group through the restaurant and patio.

The last stop at Encore chef Paul prepared and discussed their signature poppers also paired with a beverage followed by a sole dish with fava beans, fresh peas and fennel fronds paired with wine. To end, donuts were also provided for the group to enjoy. The group also had a tour of the restaurant and wine room led by the General Manager Aileen.

I detailed the food presented on the tour because I would like to understand where the breakdown was between what we promoted with offering a sampling of foods with beverages and what you experienced. As you experienced on the tour, each restaurant prepares various dishes and amounts - which will account for the differences in the pictures on our site and on TripAdvisor.

We have been providing tours for almost three years and have taken well over 1,000 food lovers on tours in Denver, Boulder and Aspen, we have also earned a Certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor for our 5 star reviews. We are committed to making sure everyone, from our guests to our chefs, has a wonderful experience. I will be happy to address these or any other concerns you have. I'd even do it over food and a little wine.

You may contact me directly at foodie@culinaryconnectors.com or 303-495-5487.

Again, thank you for your time to write a review and your feedback, it only makes us a better company.

Best regards,
Becky Creighton
President

Reviewed May 1, 2011

We are foodies who just moved to Denver 7 months ago and the 3 restaurants we visited were Strings, Colt and Gray, and Jonsey's. All different, but we will return to revisit each one. Rebecca was a super hostess! Can't wait to take friends on a tour when they visit!

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Had a absolutely fabulous time on this tour we took yesterday! this was a great opportunity to get to know the culinary scene as new people to Denver. It was also great to get to know some new people! I would HIGHLY recommend this for a fun outing for a date or another fun outing!

Reviewed April 23, 2011

We made a last minute reservation for a culinary walking tour of the Highlands neighborhood on the recommendation of the B&B we were staying in. What a great afternoon we had with a small group of 10 people and our guide Amanda. It was a beautiful Denver day and we walked to several restaurants: Happy Cakes Bakeshop, Trattoria Stella, Basil Docs and Sushi Hai. Each establishment was friendly and went out of their way to discuss their business, menu and provide a tour of the kitchen. I was shocked by how much food we were provided to "sample" as well as some wine throughout the afternoon. What a great way to get introduced to some restaurants. This tour exceeded our expectations and I would highly recommend it! We returned later to Happy Cakes for some cupcakes to go and returned to Stella's later that evening after a show. Can't wait to do other tours of different neighborhoods!