“Not a bad place to have a drink”
Review of Urban Sombrero

Urban Sombrero
Ranked #254 of 3,108 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: The Urban Sombrero in Denver serves more than great Mexican food, we're also a passionate Sports Bar, where residents from Denver and beyond have come to cheer on their favorite team, or to drown out the sorrows of their losses. Our menu includes a wide variety of new and traditional Mexican fare, including Burritos, Chimichangas, Carnitas and more. Our burger selection features 1/2 lb grass fed beef, paired with high quality ingredients. You really can't go wrong, a solid selection of Mexican food, flowing beer and Margaritas, and large TV's, nowhere else really compares.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stopped in for a break from hanging out in the hotel. I had the Chili Relleno appetizer and a drink which were good for bar food. The wait staff are nice and friendly. The place is your standard neighborhood bar. Everyone had a good time.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

So, here we are in Denver visiting from San Diego. We got back from a long day of adventure and decided to eat close to the hotel. We walked across the street from our hotel to this location. As you walk in, they have the typical set-up at the bar with big screen tvs and some high table tops. They also have some booths and tables towards the back of the restaurant. We sat at one of the tables towards the back and were greated by our waitress. She was efficient in taking our orders which consisted of a small taco salad with a side of Mexican rice. I ordered their enchiladas which came wit rice and refried beans. The taco salad was bigger than anticipated, but the rice missed the mark! My enchiladas came out luke warm, the rice tasted like boxed rice, and the beans were very runny. Maybe a little unfair in my opinion as I am from San Diego where the Mexican food is awesome! This place did not leave a lasting impression nor a desire to return for another visit.

2  Thank Pablo C
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food and bar atmosphere. Chimichanga was spicy and almost too much for one man. I'll be back on my next trip thei Denver.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I eat here every time I stay at the Hyatt Place across the street. As a Texan I'm always hesitant about Mexican food in other states. But Urban Sombrero always delivers some quality Tex-Mex food at reasonable prices. I get the Carnitas every time because they are done so well. Nice tender chunks of pork delivered on rice with a hearty portion of black beans as well. You also get the standard fajita sides (cheese, pica and sour cream,) delivered on a separate plate. I would say the flour tortillas are average at best. But overall a great dining experience for 10 bucks.

In addition this place serves food until 0200, even on Sunday! Full bar, a pretty good local wheat beer on top and very attractive servers! I'll be back....

Reviewed July 20, 2013

After 3 horrible mexican food meals in 4 days, I was still hungry for some green chili sauce. This was the only mexican food joint near the hotel. As I walked toward the front door, I kept telling myself, "This is a mistake."

The service was very speedy. The salsa was chopped canned tomato and bland chopped chilis, but not bad. I ordered shredded chicken enchiladas and requested a green chilli sauce topping.

They were pretty good; not the best green chili sauce I've had, but pretty darned good. The refried beans tasted like the dehydrated beans I use at home (absolutely nothing wrong with these add water and stir beans). They were very good. The rice was terrible. It was listed on the menu as 'mexican rice.' Well, properly cooked mexican rice is always fried before it's boiled. This rice was not fried. The pico de gallo was good.

I was glad I came.