“Not your normal mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Urban Sombrero

Urban Sombrero
Ranked #303 of 2,986 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Urban Sombrero in Denver serves more than great Mexican food, we're also a passionate Sports Bar, where residents from Denver and beyond have come to cheer on their favorite team, or to drown out the sorrows of their losses. Our menu includes a wide variety of new and traditional Mexican fare, including Burritos, Chimichangas, Carnitas and more. Our burger selection features 1/2 lb grass fed beef, paired with high quality ingredients. You really can't go wrong, a solid selection of Mexican food, flowing beer and Margaritas, and large TV's, nowhere else really compares.
St. Augustine FL
“Not your normal mexican restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stopped in and ordered a margarita while I waited for my take out. The staff was friendly and the margarita was excellent.

Within 15 minutes my order was ready, so I took it back to my hotel to share with my wife. I ordered chicken and steak fajitas, chips salsa. It came with rice and beans and guacamole.

Everything was excellent and even with us both sharing, we could not finish it all.

I will be traveling through Denver in a few weeks and I will be eating here again!

• Visited May 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Terrific”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had a free appetizer card from the Country Inn & Suites across the parking lot. That free Shredded Beef Nachos was huge, gorgeous and very delicious, so much so that I ended up taking my entire Shredded Chicken Taco Salad to go! You get free chips and tasty salsa too. With my diet Pepsi, my bill was only $10 and terrific bartender/server Jordan made up a sode to go.
So impressed that I plan to bring a small group there tomorrow for lunch.

Visited May 2013
Lakebay, Washington
“Don't waste your time and money!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had the fajitas, steak, the tortillas were not warm and soft. The steak wwas greasy and seemed as though we got the bottom of the food chain steak!
The service was ok. The server seemed as though he did not want to be there!
Would not go here again.
Close to the hotels by the airport.

• Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
“GR8 burgers... OK Mexican food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Cool sports bar with some pretty ladies. Large servings. Pricing is a bit high but overall a nice spot.

• Visited April 2013
Colorado
“They've got IPA on tap now!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We come here when traveling out of the Denver Airport and always enjoy our experience. The staff is friendly and prompt and the food is always good (although portion sizes have gone down while prices have gone slightly up). The new interior since their fire is much improved and very modern and sleek. And it was so nice seeing they had Modus on tap which we thoroughly enjoyed knowing that it would be our last good beer for a week.

Visited March 2013