“Location, Location, Location!”
Denver Museum of Art
State Capital
New Year Fireworks from Brooks Tower
Broncos Stadium
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

bru53a
New Providence, New Jersey
“Condo was shabby”
Reviewed December 2, 2012 for a stay in November 2012
person found this review helpful

We stayed in Apt 29c of Brooks Towers. The shower handles fell off in both bathrooms (no set screws). Called the owner/manager and he did not repair it while we were there. Sliding glass door to the terrace was hard to open and close. Vertical blinds were missing so sun streamed in the afternoon blinding us. Bulbs in kitchen missing with no extras. Carpets and mats were dirty. With door to terrace open it was very noisy due to mechanicals in surrounding buildings.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Apt was not well maintained
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Ruiz_Worl...
Baytown, TX
“Bait, Switch, & Harass!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012 for a stay in October 2012
people found this review helpful

After confirming a reservation on 10/12 by phone with the Rental Agent (Larry), I was told that I would receive email confirmation for Unit #29C at Brooks Tower. The email stated that I would receive further details of check-in process by 10/17. Having not received the follow up email by 10/22, I started calling for information and got no return calls. On 10/23 prior to leaving for our trip, I sent another request for the information. The agent called me back and said he would send it right away. Not any surprise to me by this point, the email was not sent prior to us leaving for the airport.

After arriving in Colorado for the first part of our trip, I received the final instructions for check in. Unfortunately, the specific Unit 29C I had reserved and gotten confirmation of had now been changed to Unit 29J with less beds than my party required and a city view instead of mountains. The email also had documents that I was to complete, sign, and return. I replied my dissatisfaction with the room change, and the fact that I had no way of printing documents as I was no longer at home. Once again, no reply from the agent.

After numerous phone attempts and texts, the agent called me back the evening before check-in. He said there was nothing he could do about the room change, and stated he would expedite the room cleaning so we could check-in early on the 26th. We arrived and parked at the Brooks Tower afternoon on 10/26 and walked around town to kill some time before check-in. After getting no return calls or texts from the agent, we returned to the Brooks Tower at 3PM. We inquired as guest about a restroom that one of my family members could use, and where rudely told by the front desk that there were no public restrooms. Needless to say we left and were not informed that we could check in until after 4PM.

The Unit 29J, while not what we needed in regards to number of beds was very clean and they promised would have an additional air mattress for our guest. We found the empty box for the air mattress and once again started the communication attempts with the agent. We later found a mattress in the back of a utility closet and text the agent to let him know this.

While out that evening, I started getting what I would consider rude texts from the agent that I needed to turn in the paperwork or the keys immediately. I called the agent and reminded him that I had no way of printing the paperwork that he should have sent me two weeks prior. The agent then went into a long story about all of the bad renters that he has dealt with in the past, of which I personally (as a customer) had no interest in hearing. He insisted that I immediately send him a photo of my drivers license, and I did.

I text the agent that I wanted any required forms brought to me that evening for signatures, as I had no intention of wasting another day of my vacation dealing with this. To that I received no reply. Later that evening we actually rode on the elevator with the guest that was just arriving to check into the Unit 29C that we had reserved earlier in the month and were told was no longer available.

On the following day (24hrs later) a woman knocked on the door and introduced herself as the owner of the unit and offered an inflatable air mattress. I explained to her that we had found one in the back of the utility closet, and complemented her on having a nice condo.

My comments here are in no way to meant degrade the Brooks Tower or Unit 29J, it is a great location with great amenities. I want only to call attention to what every person that rents properties on the internet fears; that they do not get what was advertised and purchased. I would also recommend to the owners of any rental units at the Brooks Tower that you use professionals to handle your bookings.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: Unprofessionalism of staff.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Northern Ireland
Reviewed November 6, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Rugged travelers

Warringto...
Warrington, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Location”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

The Towers are in an excellent location. We walked to everything in Denver. No need for car. Bring your own hair dryer as none are provided. The furniture and carpet are a bit worn, but we did not spend a lot of time in the condo. The owner/manger was very nice and it was easy to make reservations. We would stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: condo needs an update to carpet, furniture, and toilets
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing