“A MUST DO for Things to Do in Denver!”

Denver Inside and Out
Ranked #8 of 36 Fun & Games in Denver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As of January, 1st 2016 Denver Inside and Out is excited to be exclusively offering an Urban Adventure Scavenger Hunt that can be completed in approximately 2 hours at a leisurely pace. The cost is $29.95 and can be shared with as many people as you like.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Fishers, Indiana, United States
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A MUST DO for Things to Do in Denver!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is a fun and creative way to see downtown Denver. Plan on walking a lot. We took our 3 year old and a wagon and loved it! Brought snacks too! Mr Big, Flo and the rest of actors make this a really fun adventure. I grew up in Denver & thought this was a great way to show my kids all the cool places downtown. Better than riding on a bus or driving in a car. The Brown Palace is one of the stops and it is just lovely! We stopped at the Capitol too where my husband & I got engaged 15 years ago. This was really fun!

Visited August 2012

Decatur, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great interactive blend of a tour with a mystery, a lot of FUN!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Foder's guide correctly identified this activity as a must do. The only thing Foder's missed was to tell vistiors to do the tour early in your trip because you will be introduced to areas of town you will want to go back to. Based on the Denver Mint robbery, the period correct actors and actresses give your group clues to solve a mystery. While doing so, you will get to see parts of downtown Denver you might miss otherwise. In the process you learn alot about Denver and have a blast. It is very stimulating - a great way to get exercise - of both the mind and body. Though I went by myself and was paired with another couple, this is good for everyone. Families, couples, friends, or business, it would be enjoyed by all.

1 Thank Joseph M
Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic way to see Denver--a must do!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

We learned about this tour in a chance meeting with a family in Steamboat Springs who had taken it and raved about it. We only had one day in Denver to end our trip, so we signed up. It made the perfect ending to the trip. As other reviews note, it is an interactive tour with actors at various points. My wife and I greatly enjoyed it, but my boys (ages 9 and 7) absolutely loved it. It follows along with the great US Mint robbery in Denver from the 1920s and has actors playing real characters from the robbery at various stages. The actors were great. They were in period dress with period slang and very good actors. My kids really liked having the actors out in the various places of the city. The rest essentially is a scavenger hunt throughout various locations in the LoDo, theater, and other districts in the downtown Denver area. It was an absolutely great way to see those areas of Denver as well as learn many interesting facts about the area. Over a week after returning from our Colorado trip where we did all kinds of cool things (from hiking, to floating rivers, to mountain biking all types of terrain), my kids still talk about the Inside and Out as one of the best things they did. For my wife and I, it gave us a great appreciation for the city of Denver. We commented several times during the tour and have made the same comment since returning home that the City of Denver should really thank Inside and Out as it puts the city in a fantastic light.

It took approximately 2 and 1/2 hours and involved walking several miles. This was not strenuous by any means strenuous, but if you do not like to walk, you may want to keep that in mind. Also, although the tour is great for kids, it is by no means just for kids. I would highly recommend for those without kids. It was clear from our group (which included another family with older kids and a couple with no kids) that everyone had a great time. We did not know each other at the beginning of the tour but got to know each other well during the tour.

I cannot recommend this tour highly enough.

1 Thank chris1m
Westminster, Colorado
“Awesome Tour!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is an interactive tour, with live characters, secret redezvous, and hidden clues thoughout the city. The tour is based around a real event so it was awesome to see these characters come to life and tell their part of the story. The costumes and old time lingo were great! We were paired with a couple from Maryland, at a date and time set up specifically for the four of us (Mr Big put together a saturday tour just for us!). Together we walked through Denver finding clues and hints to our next destination, while learinging about the historical sites and history of the city, and its landmark buildings and statues. I brought my daughter along for the tour and we had a great time. I would definetly recommend this tour, if your looking for a more exciting participation tour. Its a tour, and a play in which the group has a part to play too!

Ive never been on a tour like this one, its a great idea, and perfect for kids.

This is a must go!

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A must do and will do again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

We were spending one day in Denver and am so glad we did this tour. What a well organized and fun activity to do which was educational and clerverly put together. It was my daughter's 9th bday and she said it was the BEST birthday she had so far!! We were also with 4 other kids ages 3-6 and the two older ones had so much fun reenacting some of the scenes. GREAT FUN and really worth doing if you're in the area...