“Fantastic way to see Denver--a must do!!!”

Denver Inside and Out
Ranked #8 of 37 Fun & Games in Denver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As of January, 1st 2016 Denver Inside and Out is excited to be exclusively offering an Urban Adventure Scavenger Hunt that can be completed in approximately 2 hours at a leisurely pace. The cost is $29.95 and can be shared with as many people as you like.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We learned about this tour in a chance meeting with a family in Steamboat Springs who had taken it and raved about it. We only had one day in Denver to end our trip, so we signed up. It made the perfect ending to the trip. As other reviews note, it is an interactive tour with actors at various points. My wife and I greatly enjoyed it, but my boys (ages 9 and 7) absolutely loved it. It follows along with the great US Mint robbery in Denver from the 1920s and has actors playing real characters from the robbery at various stages. The actors were great. They were in period dress with period slang and very good actors. My kids really liked having the actors out in the various places of the city. The rest essentially is a scavenger hunt throughout various locations in the LoDo, theater, and other districts in the downtown Denver area. It was an absolutely great way to see those areas of Denver as well as learn many interesting facts about the area. Over a week after returning from our Colorado trip where we did all kinds of cool things (from hiking, to floating rivers, to mountain biking all types of terrain), my kids still talk about the Inside and Out as one of the best things they did. For my wife and I, it gave us a great appreciation for the city of Denver. We commented several times during the tour and have made the same comment since returning home that the City of Denver should really thank Inside and Out as it puts the city in a fantastic light.

It took approximately 2 and 1/2 hours and involved walking several miles. This was not strenuous by any means strenuous, but if you do not like to walk, you may want to keep that in mind. Also, although the tour is great for kids, it is by no means just for kids. I would highly recommend for those without kids. It was clear from our group (which included another family with older kids and a couple with no kids) that everyone had a great time. We did not know each other at the beginning of the tour but got to know each other well during the tour.

I cannot recommend this tour highly enough.

1  Thank chris1m

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is an interactive tour, with live characters, secret redezvous, and hidden clues thoughout the city. The tour is based around a real event so it was awesome to see these characters come to life and tell their part of the story. The costumes and old time lingo were great! We were paired with a couple from Maryland, at a date and time set up specifically for the four of us (Mr Big put together a saturday tour just for us!). Together we walked through Denver finding clues and hints to our next destination, while learinging about the historical sites and history of the city, and its landmark buildings and statues. I brought my daughter along for the tour and we had a great time. I would definetly recommend this tour, if your looking for a more exciting participation tour. Its a tour, and a play in which the group has a part to play too!

Ive never been on a tour like this one, its a great idea, and perfect for kids.

This is a must go!

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We were spending one day in Denver and am so glad we did this tour. What a well organized and fun activity to do which was educational and clerverly put together. It was my daughter's 9th bday and she said it was the BEST birthday she had so far!! We were also with 4 other kids ages 3-6 and the two older ones had so much fun reenacting some of the scenes. GREAT FUN and really worth doing if you're in the area...

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We'd read about this interactive tour on TA and the raves are well deserved. Mr. Big worked with us to find a time that fit into our schedule and we were paired with a lovely family with two teen-aged boys from South Carolina. We were in Denver for a choral festival the weekend before, so we knew some of the destinations but even so, we were challenged to find just where the clues were hidden. Finding your way into Union Station is an adventure in itself and Flo is quite the character. The Mint Robbery is a fascinating story and thanks to great actors and an imaginative script, they keep you on your toes until the very end. You cover a lot of territory within a few blocks and you get to some intriguing places. Highly recommended for all ages!

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just visited Denver with my son (8) and my father and father-in-law. We booked the tour last minute based on the online reviews I had read. It definitely lived up to its reviews! The tour was very accommodating with our tour time (we just flew in that morning) and was a great way to see the city, learn a little about it's history, and have fun at the same time. There were definitely some funny, memorable moments along the tour route! Very kid-friendly too: despite every thing we did in Denver (Pikes Peak, Red Rocks, AF Academy, Rockies games) my son says this was the best part of our trip. He and I both HIGHLY recommend it!