Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Denver Microbrew Tour
from $43.59
More Info
All reviews great beer different beers great fun great guide a lot of fun beer lovers bachelor party knowledgeable guide bryce breweries lodo ethan brewery rino blast pace depth
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Not that this tour wasn't "fine", but this was not what I was expecting from a microbrewery tour. We were given samples of beer and told what they were, but there was no explanation as to why that particular beer was chosen for us, no background information about how it's brewed, nothing about the brewery itself, no "behind the scenes" tour that wasn't open to the public... literally nothing.

Save yourself some money and just GO to the breweries on this list! There was absolutely nothing about this tour that you couldn't get from just asking the bartender...

And while they may technically fit the category, these breweries aren't what I would classify as "micro" - they are huge establishments and if you're going to Denver, you're probably going to end up at one for dinner as a general stop anyway.

Maybe my group of friends is jaded because we've done so many awesome tours over the years, but this one was just disappointing.

At one point -- BEFORE the beer was poured -- one of our friends said she despised one of the flavors prevalent in the beer and knew she would hate it, and instead of offering her another option the guide said "oh yeah well then you wouldn't like this", so she missed out on one of the samples.

Any bartender or guide worth his/her weight should be more than happy to provide you with something you like. A perk for the breweries participating in the tour is the hope that we will get hooked on something we really like and come back.

To be clear, it's not that the host wasn't friendly, it was more that we just didn't learn anything -- basically you just awkwardly sit with a group of random strangers until your beer is gone and you're ready for the next stop. I'd rather sit not awkwardly in a group of my friends until my beer is gone and I'm ready for the next stop.

Date of experience: January 2020
Steve S, Owner at Denver Microbrew Tour, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2020

Hi Jenna, I’m sorry the tour did not meet your expectations. The LoDo Craft Beer Tour is focused on introducing people to Denver’s most popular neighborhood and showing the original locations that helped make Denver beer what it is today. Based on your feedback, I wonder if our RiNo Beer and Graffiti tour may have been a better fit for you and your friends. The RiNo Beer and Graffiti tour explores street art and beer in one of Denver’s fastest-growing neighborhoods and visits some of the newest breweries in Denver.

Please call or text 303-578-9548 or email me (Steve, the owner) at steve@denvermicrobrewtour.com and I will do everything I can to make it up to you.

Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

Brilliant. Just a great afternoon. The beer was great, the tour was fascinating and the host was funny and engaging.

It’s basically wandering around Denver drinking and learning about beer and breweries. What more do you want?

Matt was a superb host. Lovely guy, knowledgable and fun.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 24, 2019

The tour itself was excellent, beer was delicious, and the four stops were all at very unique and interesting locations. The stops were not too far apart so walking was not on issue, though it is worth doing this tour on a day with nice weather!

Matt was extremely friendly and knowledgeable and made the tour so much better! Such a kind and fun individual. All four of us highly recommend this tour as a great way to sample the local craft beer scene and see some of the coolest bars of Denver!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 22, 2019 via mobile

My boys aren’t teens anymore (thank goodness!) - they are 21 now & we had a fantastic time doing this late-afternoon pub crawl w/Matt & the rest of our new-found friends... I was skeptical about the time frame but with winter’s early sunsets, this worked out great. We wound up on the 16th St Mall which was a great place to disperse & go forth to explore downtown Denver on a Saturday night. Matt was a terrific engaging guide!

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 9, 2019 via mobile

Had a great time meeting everyone and trying the beers! Would do it again for sure! We had a slight hiccup as a water main broke downtown so we only visited 3/4 breweries but compensated with extra beer so very recommended!