“Great Friday Afternoon”

Historical Lower Downtown Denver Beer Tour
Ranked #2 of 73 Food & Drink in Denver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Get out into one of Denver's 300 days of sunshine and head to the Historical Lower Downtown (LoDo) District of Denver. Learn how beer has obtained such a strong foothold in our state and discover for yourself why Denver has earned for itself the nickname "Napa Valley of Craft Beer." Tours last between 2-3 hours so prepare to hang out with a local beer aficionado and see if you have what it takes to stand up to our beer. During the 4 stops on our tour you will try 10 different beers, go behind the scenes to learn brewing process, visit a brewpub that began a nationwide franchise, drink in the brewery founded by the governor, and hang out in the best craft beer bar in Denver. Our tour guides drink with the best so ask them any questions you may have. All challenges accepted! Book now to secure your spot; if the tour is full please call our contact phone number to see if we can add you in. Don't miss out on Denver's gateway to craft beer!
Reviewed September 29, 2012

For $25, you get a guided walking tour of Denver and lots of beer! The beer samples are so plentiful that you almost don't even need the free pint coupon at the end.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I started our Denver trip with this tour on the Saturday noon tour. We had a drink-a-licious time! There was about 20 of us in the group and I think everyone was a tourist. It was great, we got to try 2-4 different beer samples at 4 local microbreweries. The tour guide was great and gave us a bit of history on each location and a description of each beer that we tried. The atmosphere the whole time of the tour was very laid back and there are many chances to get to know the other people on the tour. We were also given a sheet with all the breweries on it and a place to rate each beer. Then, at the end we could reflect on which beer we liked best and use the free beer coupon given to have a glass. This was a great tour and the tour guide was great and very informative (Ethan, i think his name was). I would definitely recommend this tour! It was nice to walk around the LoDo district and see what Denver has to offer and it gave us suggestions on what to do next. The 16th street mall, Larimer square, Tattered Cover, and the Rockies stadium are all right there. Just keep in mind that the tour will realistically take 3 hours and you'll need comfortable shoes!

3  Thank smithmr119
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Just back from a great tour of a few microbreweries in Denver. Steve was our guide and was very knowledgeable about all things beer. There were about 15 of us on the tour, and the more we tasted, the more friendly we all became - one big happy, tipsy family! If you like beer, this is so worth it. You'll get to taste at least 10 different beers and you get a coupon for a free pint at any of the brew stops you made. My favorite brew - Dry Dock Double IPA from the Falling Rock Tap house - YUM!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

If you want a cheap way to get some awesome beers, do this tour! It has some walking involved, but it's worth it. I felt like a total light weight on this tour because of how much beer there was... I also drank one with lunch before going on the tour too though. lol The guide was great and he was VERY knowledgeable about all of the beers and the local area. Oh, and if you check in on Facebook, you get a sweet bottle opener key chain!

1  Thank morgand44
Reviewed July 10, 2012

LOVED this tour. My boyfriend and I took the Friday afternoon tour, and really enjoyed all 4 brewery stops. Tried 2-3 kinds of beer at each place, from IPA, to light and dark beer. BF likes dark beer and I like light beer, so there was something for both of us. The tour guide was fun, upbeat, and you could tell he loved his job. I just wish some of the beers were available closer to where I live!

2  Thank Heather S