“Fun thing too do with you kids!”

Elitch Gardens Theme Park
Ranked #66 of 255 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: For more than 120 years, Elitch Gardens Theme & Water Park is a must-see destination for all locals, visitors and families, creating memories worth repeating. Operating on 63 acres, it is America’s only downtown area theme and water park. The park is open May through October and offers 50 rides, live entertainment, shopping and dining. The park is also known to have breathtaking views of Denver from their Observation Tower which is 20 stories high or while plummeting 200 feet on the Tower of Doom!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun thing too do with you kids!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was extreamly satisfied with the park! Quite a few of the workers were friendly and talkitive! Now the food i cannot do much complaining on, mainly becouse i normaly packed a lunch! Although i did get the chance to try the frys there and they were good. Even though this large beutiful park is quite amazing i was NOT impressed during halloween frightfest! It cost money for the hauntedhouses (which should come with admission!) and it took me over 3 hours too get in the hautedhouse! I was constently being cut from the v.i.ps and they werent that scary. Although the effects were really cool i will NOT go again for frightfest ( im sorry for my horriable grammer and spelling, keep in mind im only 13 AND JUST BECOUSE IM A KID DOSE NOT MAKE YOUR OPINION SOPERIOR TO MINE! I AM THE VOICE FOR YOUR CHILDREN AND WE HAVE OPINIONS TOO!)

Visited October 2013
2 Thank nicole o

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Tired of this place, never coming back again!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We got overcharged when we bought our tickets. We had two children with us and they charged them as adults, even though they were under 48" tall. We went to guest relations to get a refund and Alicia did give us the refund...the ONLY positive thing about our experience.

When we went through security I had gum in my mouth and the lady wanted me to show it to her. I know it's almost like a weapon!!

The food is very much overpriced. $33 for a pizza. $3.75 for water!! Ridiculous.

Park was full of overweight people wearing too tight clothing with obscene logos and/or hairy guts hanging out. I know the sign outside does state that "appropriate attire must be worn at all times" but I guess this is appropriate for the mile high city.

Sidewinder coaster was full of water from when it rained the previous day. They didn't think of cleaning the water out. Everyone got off the ride with soaking wet pants and shoes.

While waiting in line for the tilt a whirl, the employee told a lady in line she couldn't wear flip flops and this lady started freaking out demanding a supervisor. The employee wouldn't load anyone onto the ride until the supervisor got there. She seemed scared of this customer!

Half the soda machines weren't working. They were either turned off or wouldn't accept money because they're broken.

Someone threw up in the tea cup ride and the employee just ran a dirty rag over it instead of actually trying to clean it up.

While walking through the park I was so disgusted by everything I saw that I promised myself I will never return. From now on I'll be traveling to Salt Lake or Kansas City because their parks don't suck!

9 Thank Luv-that-farm
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great value with season pass.”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We bought (2) season passes and my 3 year old son gets in for free. For $69.99 you get an annual pass, 3 friends passes and free parking. If you go 2 times it will pay for itself. Parking alone is $15.00

As most theme parks, food and drinks are not allowed to be brought in and are very expensive. If you buy the theme park's cup for $10.99, you get all refills for a year for $0.99 each, again, worth it if you go a few times a year.

We mainly went on family and small children rides. My son was able to ride about 12 rides in the park at his height, which is great for a local theme park.

The park seemed clean and tidy.

We will be back!

2 Thank bmatt86
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“More like Carnival.”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Awful. 24 acres of Misery. Real amusement parks are 200 acres with better service at same price or even cheaper. - Worls Of Fun, in KC for instance = 274 acres. Food is cheaper, you get the bang for you buck.

If your going to charge 40 dollars a ticket, have all of your attractions OPEN, not down for the day for maintenance. - If you have rides shut down, offer cheaper tickets. What the hell do you think we are paying for??? 40 dollars to get into a small park with three major attractions closed. No.

Also if there is a rain delay, re open the rides sooner then making everyone in park wait an hour after it is over. I know my weather, so give me a break. Good way for the park to make everyone run to the food courts to spend an entire weeks paycheck for a family of four. The food prices are INSANE! Gougers.

The actual cost of a daily ticket should be 10 dollars. Coasters are short and lame and not worth waiting. DENVER- you deserve better, come on.

Park is a joke. You need to win the damn lottery just eat. 5.75 for a 12 ounce bottle of coke 9.99 for a bag of popcorn and 9.99 for a bacon cheeseburger. You sure are proud of your amusement park that resembles more of a carnival. Tickets should not be 35-40. Maybe ten. I guess you cant fit much into a park cramped into such a small area. Also it would be nice if you didn't have three major attractions shut down after paying 35-40 a ticket on a "non" rain day. Jesus.

4 Thank Brett William N
ElitchGardens, Public Relations Manager at Elitch Gardens Theme Park, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Brett,

Thank you so much for your input. We are incredibly sorry that you were not happy with the experience you had at our park and we strive to continually improve our guest experiences. We always appreciate feedback, as they help us to address customer concerns. We recognize that, at 65 acres, we are not the largest park around, but we also happen to be America’s only Downtown Theme and Water Park and even though that may inhibit our ability to expand our size, we are very unique because of it!

Safety is always our number one priority and unfortunately sometimes we need to spend time repairing rides to ensure the safety of our guests. We realize this can be disappointing at times, but I can assure you that our incredible maintenance staff works as quickly as possible to make sure rides are safely up and running as soon as possible. A ticket grants you access to BOTH our theme and water parks and unlimited rides on each of our 54 rides and attractions. We also provide a wide array of daily live entertainment and free access to our in-park special events, like concerts or Dive-In Movies, and we hope that our guests find value in all that we have to offer!

We also realize that weather can be disappointing. Short bursts of rain in the middle of an otherwise sunny day is part of the fun of living in Colorado, but can also limit one’s fun when trying to enjoy outdoor attractions. In the event of extreme weather, we follow the safety protocol as outlined by ride manufacturers and theme park industry standards and will not operate attractions if the weather is not determined to be safe. But, even so, we apologize that this tends to lead to a disappointing experience at the park.

We are also sorry that you feel disappointed with our concessions. We aim to provide great values to all our guests. The popcorn, for example, is $9.99, but it is refillable all day long! We also have a smaller size for just $4. We understand your frustration and will take your comments into consideration.

Again, we are terribly sorry you had a less than favorable visit. It’s our goal to make sure every guest has as much fun as possible and not only feel satisfied, but greatly enjoys each and every visit to the park. We sincerely hope you will give us another chance and visit again this summer.

Elitch Gardens
Morrison, Colorado
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Small”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

This place is small, expensive, and boring. Highly disappointing. There are so many fun things to do in Colorado, this just isn't even one of them on the list.

3 Thank GlobeTrekkinGirl