TERRIBLE. These are the problems I experienced with the Cambridge:
1. Unwillingness to reasonably refund the $1000 security deposit. After leaving the Cambridge, I was informed that I had taken a bath towel, washcloth, and clock radio. All I could find was the washcloth, but stated that I would happily buy them a new clock radio and reimburse them for the value of the washcloth and towel. The property manager initially assessed a $215 penalty for these three items. After I expressed displeasure at such an extreme fee, to "show grace" (his words) he agreed to reduce the charge to $160. Rather than fight this ridiculous charge, I just accepted the fee. The next day I notice the towel and washcloth on sale at Macy's for a total of $12. The clock radio was probably also about a $12 item.
2. UNSAFE! The building is located a half block north of a stretch of Colfax Avenue that is populated with hookers and drug dealers. Homeless people often hang out by the back door of the building, which is situated in an alley that is not easily viewable to the public. I was sometimes nervous for my safety going in that door at night.
3. NO PARKING! All the parking in the area is metered, so you will have to rent a monthly spot at one of the lots in the area. That added another $150/month to my rent.
4. SLOW INTERNET. Like really slow. I tried to Skype with friends, but gave up. And the server randomly kicks you off and makes you re-enter your password, which makes it unreliable for doing business at home.
5. DINGY AND POORLY EQUIPPED. The common areas are dingy and poorly maintained, particularly laundry room. Only 2 driers, one of which ate all my quarters but only worked for 5 minutes. And despite the fact that I rented the hyped "executive studio" that was equipped with a supposedly remodeled kitchen, that kitchen failed to have a single drinking glass. And the bathroom didn't have a single hook or rod to hang a towel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your The Cambridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cambridge Hotel Denver