“Incredible Cocktails and Unique Entrees”
Review of TAG Restaurante

TAG Restaurante
Reserve with OpenTable
TAG Restaurante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 3,021 Restaurants in Denver
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 15th Street
Denver, Colorado
“Incredible Cocktails and Unique Entrees”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I came here with my boyfriend in December and we spent some time at the bar with friends before having dinner. The cocktail selection is huge and amazing. The ambiance is cozy and can be romantic as well. However, a couple of drinks is about the same cost for a full dinner.

Outside of the price, we loved our meal. YOU MUST GET THE BONE MARROW! We sat by the kitchen and really enjoyed talking to the chefs about what we were eating and how it's made.

• Visited December 2013

Eugene, Oregon
“Warning...their "house" red wine is $18 a glass!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were visiting from out of town and decided to try TAG based on the TripAdvisor rating. We popped in on a busy Saturday night without a reservation and got lucky. We were seated right away. We had a very good dinner. Not quite as good as we expected, but not bad. The service was fine. At one point my husband ordered a glass of the house red. Later, when we got the bill and noticed that the wine was $18, we were quite surprised. We expect to pay such prices when we order from the wine list, but usually restaurants at this price point will charge $9 or $10 for their "house" wines, so we never thought to ask, "what do you charge for your house red?" My husband asked our waitress about the charge and she said it was because the house red is a very expensive wine. He said, "don't you think if you are going to charge so much for a house wine, you might want to mention the price to the customer...make sure they are OK with it?" She just shrugged. This bothered us so much, that it really turned an otherwise nice experience into an unpleasant one*. We won't be going back.

*Along with the bill they give you a card asking you to rate your experience. My husband wrote on it and expressed his frustration about this experience and left his phone number, but so far we've not heard from them.

1 Thank squeakybones
Golden, Colorado
“Not bad, but not all it's cracked up to be.”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I visited TAG for a work dinner at the beginning of the month and selected it based on all of the positive press and reviews. The meal wasn't bad, but it also wasn't mind blowing. I really had higher expectations. The only thing that was really great was the new-style sashimi appetizer. I had a pork belly dish that was overcooked and dry. I'd go back but it's not at the top of my list. There are better options for Asian-fusion restaurants in town.

Visited January 2014
Thornton, Colorado
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Delightful time. My daughter and I went on a Wednesday night, we thought it would not be that busy! It was jammed! We had made a reservation for an early time and were seated at the Chef's table; this is the bar where you can watch the chef's prepare the food, what a treat that was. While making the reservations I was asked if anyone had food allergies or anything else the chefs should know. I am gluten free, so I explained that. When we were seated the waiter, Dave, asked which one was gluten free! What an extra touch of service!
We started out with a couple of their special drinks, that was a very good idea, fun and excellent drinks, my daughter had a Mojito with Jalapenos, yummy!
We started with Taco Sushi, which was a delight of flavors the Li-Hing Mango Salsa made it just perfect. This they made especially gluten free for me too.
We shared the kale salad which would have easily been shared by 4 to 6 people, the dressing was so perfect, just a bit of sirracha spice to make it interesting.
I had the special Rib Eye steak, which I could take home and have another dinner with this! This came with a lasagne, but for me the chef made a special fingerling potato au gratin with caramelized onions - that I just loved! My daughter had the duck which was equally as good. Dave recommended a couple of glasses of wine for each of us which went perfect with our dishes. Then we had ice cream to finish off this exceptional meal. I had the Elvis Ice Cream, crazy - it had bacon and peanut butter, I loved it, but cannot describe it! My daughter had a lemon ice cream that was delightful.
Even thought it was really busy we were treated with great care and did not feel rushed at all - we also had plenty of time to get to the theater. I would recommend this place to anyone, it was expensive, but worth every bit of it.

Denver, Colorado
“Tremendous”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Sunday night for an Anniversary dinner. Casual atmosphere with a modern twist. You could get away with either a suit or flannel, which is rare. We were originally seated in the back, but requested a booth instead. They were able to accommodate that request easily, which turned out to be a terrific decision. Started with the seafood potstickers, which were excellent. Had a few of their unique cocktails. Entrees of duck breast and miso black cod, which were both, again, excellent. The food was "melt in your mouth" good. I'd absolutely go back, any time.

• Visited January 2014

Been to TAG Restaurante? Share your experiences!